Latest News Article

[DISCONTINUED] CJB Mods v6.6.0 | 21-12-2012

more info item spawner minimap

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7056 replies to this topic

RubensXG360

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:10 AM

View PostNodachi216, on 26 November 2012 - 02:57 AM, said:

As I've said previously, what if CJB doesn't want to maintain two separate codebases? It is a lot of work to do so and modding is a hobby.

Now, why can't you install Forge?

Because not works here.

Mods I use that is incompatible with the forge. :/

Please place 1 with ModLoader

View PostWarrenB, on 26 November 2012 - 02:58 AM, said:

What is your guys' problems with Forge!? Seriously, it's not that hard. Just put Forge in the jar (then Optifine if you have it), then do the rest with Magic Launcher! IT'S THAT SIMPLE!

Forge does not work with the mods I use

View PostFurious1964, on 26 November 2012 - 02:59 AM, said:

How many mods do you use? If you followed the instruction for Forge, then you should have just installed Forge, run MC so Forge can create its folders and what it needs, and then installed every mod you use carefully by looking to see if they are compatible. Currently, I'm running 72 mods and a lot of them are NOT Forge created.

Already tried everything. Forge Don't works here.
Would not it be easier for the players if he had one with Forge another with ModLoader ?

Register or log in to remove.

Furious1964
  • Minecraft: Mr_Furious1964

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:19 AM

View PostRubensXG360, on 26 November 2012 - 03:10 AM, said:

Because not works here.

Please place 1 with ModLoader

Already tried everything. Forge Don't works here.
Would not it be easier for the players if he had one with Forge another with ModLoader ?

No, it wouldn't. He'd have to do twice the work. If it's because of ID conflicts, then use ID Resolver. Without having a specific crash report, we can't tell what's happening with your mods and Forge.
Life is a Learning Curve....
Unfortunately, you're stuck on the bottom...amongst the bones of the stupid.

RubensXG360

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:30 AM

View PostFurious1964, on 26 November 2012 - 03:19 AM, said:

No, it wouldn't. He'd have to do twice the work. If it's because of ID conflicts, then use ID Resolver. Without having a specific crash report, we can't tell what's happening with your mods and Forge.

All creators Mods Do 1 to 1 To ModLoader and Forge. If he wants to create Mod must have Work? Doing what i am talking about is the least he can do!

Furious1964

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:42 AM

View PostRubensXG360, on 26 November 2012 - 03:30 AM, said:

All creators Mods Do 1 to 1 To ModLoader and Forge. If he wants to create Mod must have Work? Doing what i am talking about is the least he can do!

Hate to tell you this, but your statement is incorrect. Modders are starting to change from ML to Forge as it allows for more easy modding. Just check out the Forge Topic here and their site.

RubensXG360

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:45 AM

View PostFurious1964, on 26 November 2012 - 03:42 AM, said:

Hate to tell you this, but your statement is incorrect. Modders are starting to change from ML to Forge as it allows for more easy modding. Just check out the Forge Topic here and their site.

Do not really like forge. You are being really helpful and nice. But Please Put ModLoader would be great!

WarrenB
    WarrenB

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • Minecraft: bwarren97

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:52 AM

View PostRubensXG360, on 26 November 2012 - 03:45 AM, said:

Do not really like forge. You are being really helpful and nice. But Please Put ModLoader would be great!

How about you ask the creators of your mods to make a Forge-compatible version?

I have to agree with you, though. The only reason some mods aren't compatible with Forge is because Forge idoes the loading differently, and doesn't do everything Modloader does, even though people are saying that FML and Modloader are the exact same thing. So, yes, some of it is a fault on Forge's end.

But, nevertheless, sometimes you have to accept mod creeators' decisions about which API they want to use.
Posted Image

Furious1964

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:57 AM

View PostRubensXG360, on 26 November 2012 - 03:45 AM, said:

I understand how you're thinking. I used to be the same way and HATED Forge with a passion...it broke my mods when I first used it and a swore not to EVER touch it. But when a mod I used a lot switch over to Forge, I tried to find an alternative. I did, but the modder decided to go Forge and I had no other choice but to try it again. I did some research and found out that I was incorrectly installing my mods and when Feed The Beast came out, I started with that. One at a time I installed, checked, and went to the next mods until I got the ones I wanted working with Forge. It was a colossal pain in my arse, but I'm pleased...except now I keep asking myself "WHY isn't Redpower and Equivalent Exchange updated yet!". Posted Image

View PostWarrenB, on 26 November 2012 - 03:52 AM, said:

I have to agree with you, though. The only reason some mods aren't compatible with Forge is because Forge idoes the loading differently, and doesn't do everything Modloader does, even though people are saying that FML and Modloader are the exact same thing. So, yes, some of it is a fault on Forge's end.

But, nevertheless, sometimes you have to accept mod creeators' decisions about which API they want to use.

My thoughts exactly.

RubensXG360

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:00 AM

View PostWarrenB, on 26 November 2012 - 03:52 AM, said:

I'll see if I can solve my problem

View PostFurious1964, on 26 November 2012 - 03:57 AM, said:

I understand how you're thinking. I used to be the same way and HATED Forge with a passion...it broke my mods when I first used it and a swore not to EVER touch it. But when a mod I used a lot switch over to Forge, I tried to find an alternative. I did, but the modder decided to go Forge and I had no other choice but to try it again. I did some research and found out that I was incorrectly installing my mods and when Feed The Beast came out, I started with that. One at a time I installed, checked, and went to the next mods until I got the ones I wanted working with Forge. It was a colossal pain in my arse, but I'm pleased...except now I keep asking myself "WHY isn't Redpower and Equivalent Exchange updated yet!". Posted Image

My thoughts exactly.

Okay Thanks!

I'll see if I can solve my problem =D

lol

WarrenB
    WarrenB

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • Minecraft: bwarren97

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:08 AM

View PostFurious1964, on 26 November 2012 - 03:57 AM, said:

It was a colossal pain in my arse, but I'm pleased...except now I keep asking myself "WHY isn't Redpower and Equivalent Exchange updated yet!". Posted Image
That's exactly what I was thinking when I found that they weren't in Feed The Beast! I really liked having them in Tekkit, but I know Redpower isn't even in 1.3 yet! :'(
Posted Image

Furious1964

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:37 AM

View PostWarrenB, on 26 November 2012 - 04:08 AM, said:

That's exactly what I was thinking when I found that they weren't in Feed The Beast! I really liked having them in Tekkit, but I know Redpower isn't even in 1.3 yet! :'(

She's still updating it to Redpower 3. Hopefully, it will be out when FTB updated to 1.4.5.

OH, and CJB, why did you remove the "Make Lava behave like Water" Cheat. It was great to have an infinite supply of Lava on hand.

Nodachi216
    Nodachi216

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1577 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:15 AM

View PostRubensXG360, on 26 November 2012 - 03:10 AM, said:

Because not works here.
List your mods, please. I won't promise that we'll be able to make them run under Forge but maybe we can come up with alternatives that you'd be able to use.

The Rules!!

You agreed to follow them when you made your account here.

Furious1964

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:59 AM

View PostNodachi216, on 26 November 2012 - 06:15 AM, said:

List your mods, please. I won't promise that we'll be able to make them run under Forge but maybe we can come up with alternatives that you'd be able to use.

Thank you, Sir. Hopefully, we WILL be able to help him.

Furious1964

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:18 AM

CJB, I tested Infinite Breath and nearly drowned, That cheat doesn't work.

LukeHogbin

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:37 AM

So. RIddle me this. I add Forge to the .jar, start the game, Mojang logo blinks quickly and *bam* black screen. And that's with only Forge being added to minecraft.jar. And before you ask, yes, I've removed the META-INF folder.

Re-downloading the 1.4.4 jar and sticking forge in there seems to have helped with launching with Forge alone. Adding CJB to either "mods", "coremods" or via MagicLauncher, again, causes black screen.

Nodachi216
    Nodachi216

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1577 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:22 PM

View PostLukeHogbin, on 26 November 2012 - 11:37 AM, said:

So. RIddle me this. I add Forge to the .jar, start the game, Mojang logo blinks quickly and *bam* black screen. And that's with only Forge being added to minecraft.jar. And before you ask, yes, I've removed the META-INF folder.

Re-downloading the 1.4.4 jar and sticking forge in there seems to have helped with launching with Forge alone. Adding CJB to either "mods", "coremods" or via MagicLauncher, again, causes black screen.
You are unzipping the CJBMods144.zip and following the readme that is in there, right? I only ask because a lot of people just toss the original zip into the mods folder, it is an easy error to make but it is definitely an error. :)

The Rules!!

LukeHogbin

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:23 PM

Yeah, I've followed the readme to the letter. Skipping the x-ray part, because it's not allowed on the servers I play on, though.

Nodachi216
    Nodachi216

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1577 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:40 PM

View PostLukeHogbin, on 26 November 2012 - 12:23 PM, said:

Yeah, I've followed the readme to the letter. Skipping the x-ray part, because it's not allowed on the servers I play on, though.
Ok then. Hmm... if you're getting a black screen then there should be a crash report. Look in the crash-reports folder (it is in the minecraft folder) and see if you've got a log for the time when you tried to start the game and got the black screen. If so, copy all of the log into a pastebin and post the link. Also do the same with the ForgeModLoader-client-0.log file that's in the main MC folder. That way we can see what's going on.

The Rules!!

LukeHogbin

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:14 PM

Curiously enough, re-doing everything from scratch (with a fresh download of 1.4.4 from assets.minecraft.net) worked fine. O_o Ah well. Thanks for help! :)

Dweller_Benthos
  • Minecraft: Dweller_Benthos

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:22 PM

View PostFurious1964, on 26 November 2012 - 01:24 AM, said:

Yes, just confirmed it. What you have to do, if using ID Resolver, is DON'T change the ID for anything Treecapitator but instead raise its priority. I found that worked great on the conflicting mods of FTB too. And just got the cheats working as Quickcraft won't work with FTB.

OK, I don't use ID Resolver - what's this priority thing, is that a function of ID Resolver?

Never mind, just looked up ID Resolver, that looks like it does the trick, I'll try it tonight, thanks. So, I just make Treecapitator's priority higher?
D_B
To tell them how to live is to prevent them living.

Furious1964

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:14 PM

View PostLukeHogbin, on 26 November 2012 - 01:14 PM, said:

Curiously enough, re-doing everything from scratch (with a fresh download of 1.4.4 from assets.minecraft.net) worked fine. O_o Ah well. Thanks for help! Posted Image

Also, don't install Items, Itemspawner and Quickcraft.

View PostDweller_Benthos, on 26 November 2012 - 01:22 PM, said:

OK, I don't use ID Resolver - what's this priority thing, is that a function of ID Resolver?

Never mind, just looked up ID Resolver, that looks like it does the trick, I'll try it tonight, thanks. So, I just make Treecapitator's priority higher?

Yes, just raise it higher. Apparently, it still depends on that Extra BiomesXL part.