• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Wny does everyone have view bobbing turned off?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

VXVJaKeVXV
  • Minecraft: VXVJaKeVXV

Posted 03 April 2011 - 05:18 AM

I can't seem to understand why in every youtube minecraft video, the person recording has view bobbing turned off.
Why is that?
Does it prevent lag?
Does it make you move faster?

I personally love the view bobbing as it is more realistic and watching a screen with nothing moving but the blocks around you seems dull. It also makes it seem like you are walking very slow.

I know it is a stupid question but can I please get an answer?

Thanks. :iapprove:

Spitefulfox said:

helldiver said:

the block should be called Spam.
Spam is mined out of Forum blocks and can be crafted into cheap drugs and free Minecraft accounts

JTP said:

This post is like me waltzing into your minecraft world and building a large penis.This is an unwanted penis in the forum

Register or log in to remove.

ToasterAthiesm
  • Minecraft: ToasterAthiesm

Posted 03 April 2011 - 05:19 AM

Some people get vertigo from it.

JordanF_forFROSH
  • Minecraft: Mariodaplumber

Posted 03 April 2011 - 05:22 AM

I'm not sure if its just me but i seem to get lag from it so it may be that reason

VXVJaKeVXV
  • Minecraft: VXVJaKeVXV

Posted 03 April 2011 - 05:28 AM

ToasterAthiesm said:

Seriously? Wow.
Well, thanks.

Spitefulfox said:

helldiver said:

the block should be called Spam.
Spam is mined out of Forum blocks and can be crafted into cheap drugs and free Minecraft accounts

JTP said:

This post is like me waltzing into your minecraft world and building a large penis.This is an unwanted penis in the forum

Kris18
    Kris18

Creeper Destroyer

• Members
  • 5865 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 05:28 AM

I keep it on. o.o

Skillkills
    Skillkills

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1157 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 05:29 AM

VXVJaKeVXV said:

ToasterAthiesm said:

Seriously? Wow.
Well, thanks.
Yeah, it makes me sick to watch it for long..
Posted Image

NuclearDemon said:

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary.
Those who do.
And those that don't.

HeadHunter67 said:

"I'd like to sssssssspeak to you about Jeeesssussssss...."

Theonlydoh2 said:

Rain, rain, go away,
THAT'S WHAT ALL THE HATERS SAY.

l0ngcatisl0ng
  • Minecraft: l0ngcatisl0ng

Posted 03 April 2011 - 05:30 AM

It's all about preference. I could go and make a new thread right now ranting about why people don't turn bobbing off, but honestly I don't care
Posted Image

IIE16_Yoshi

Posted 03 April 2011 - 05:39 AM

i find that it makes MC slow down. But when my computer isnt having a  seizure from the crap ive installed over the past years,i actually like the bobbing.
Posted Image

Bump
    Bump

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2050 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:02 AM

At first, I didnt even knew what the option did mean.

I rememeber to have read somewhere that it *DOES* make a litte more of lag, but nothing noticeable (I am pretty sure it was less than 1 fps).

Besides that yeah I agree with OP. Altougt I didnt noticed that a lot of people on the videos turn them off.

Rumia223
    Rumia223

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:22 AM

I used it for a while but i started to get a headache from it, so I just turn it off.  I guess everyone has a different reason though, but I didn't see any difference in fps with it on or off though.
Posted Image

Bump
    Bump

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2050 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:27 AM

Rumia223 said:

I used it for a while but i started to get a headache from it, so I just turn it off.  I guess everyone has a different reason though, but I didn't see any difference in fps with it on or off though.

There IS a difference on fps, with its really retarded, so it dosnt matters (About 1 fps. maybe even less than that).

Theonlydoh2

Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:29 AM

I turn it off due to lag.
Posted Image

Sweet Ride
  • Minecraft: Sweet_Ride

Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:33 AM

I have it on most of the time. I don't get sick or anything from it, but I like watching people play with it off sometimes. Other times I don't really notice they have it off.

Demon Cat
  • Location: Back from MineCon, Now off the face of the universe
  • Minecraft: Demon_Cat

Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:36 AM

Most people don't know what it dose, are not Curios enogh to tinker with their options in fear of breaking it.
That's my theory atleast.
Posted Image

edg3
    edg3

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:58 AM

The videos look sleeker and more streamlined without the view bobbing on, I just think its plain unnecesary, I dont view bob IRL, and as we know minecraft is totally IRL, so I dont need viewbob their either!
MCBak - Simplify backing up and moving Minecraft saves -> Im interested!

Tibbz2
    Tibbz2

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1882 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 07:01 AM

I prefer it off. It helps with my FPS too...

Ultimadragon
  • Minecraft: ultimadragon

Posted 03 April 2011 - 12:51 PM

I wish I could have bobbing on, but it does make minecraft lag more so I had to turn it off.

Atticus Scivan

Posted 03 April 2011 - 12:58 PM

It's much more attractive on, and I really can't stand having it off long enough to check if it effects my fps.

Desirsar
    Desirsar

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 01:29 PM

*facepalm*

"Lag", people?  Seriously?  You can't lag in multiplayer.  In the only instances I can think of where "lag" applies to video performance, either you have some serious hardware issues where the card isn't able to send already rendered frames to the display at full speed, or you have mice chewing through your HDMI cables.  "Low framerate" to the dark side will not lead you.

You view bob in real life if you have normal legs and aren't riding everywhere on a Segway or wheelchair.  The difference is that most people's brains will compensate for it automatically.  (Of course, now that you read this, you'll go walking or running outside and pay attention to it and it will mess you up!  :P  )

Moxz*
    Moxz*

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 01:32 PM

Desirsar said:

*facepalm*

"Lag", people?  Seriously?  You can't lag in multiplayer.  In the only instances I can think of where "lag" applies to video performance, either you have some serious hardware issues where the card isn't able to send already rendered frames to the display at full speed, or you have mice chewing through your HDMI cables.  "Low framerate" to the dark side will not lead you.

You view bob in real life if you have normal legs and aren't riding everywhere on a Segway or wheelchair.  The difference is that most people's brains will compensate for it automatically.  (Of course, now that you read this, you'll go walking or running outside and pay attention to it and it will mess you up!  :P  )
some people have bad computers
and yes "framerate" lag.

Moxz said:

the only time i get angry is when i have to deal with fucking retards
My texture pack: http://www.minecraft...f=1021&t=232415
    [SSSS] FOREVER ALONE