• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minecraft Update 1.4 – an April Fool's Joke?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Slowhand
    Slowhand

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 01:37 AM

Wolves and cookies, WTF? The jokes on us?

Register or log in to remove.

ryan1217

Posted 02 April 2011 - 01:38 AM

What's wrong with wolves and cookies? Explain a bit more than that.

spacedot said:

A laptop is a computer.

CrazyCocoK
  • Minecraft: CrazyCocoK

Posted 02 April 2011 - 01:38 AM

Funny.
Terraria Online Forum Moderator ~ Redstone User ~ Map-Maker

Korimito
    Korimito

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 690 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 01:41 AM

I think he means 1.4 is crap.
Posted Image

Foxy1990 said:

if some higher beings ever got to view this forum before coming to our planet they would turn back and not bother!

Blindburrows said:

do you know how to get to the Netherlands other than a portal

Slowhand
    Slowhand

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 01:46 AM

[quote name="ryan1217"]What's wrong with wolves and cookies?quote]
Nothing really, unless they take a backseat to bug fixes. Agreed?

ryan1217

Posted 02 April 2011 - 01:47 AM

Slowhand said:

ryan1217 said:

What's wrong with wolves and cookies?
Such as?

spacedot said:

A laptop is a computer.

coin409
    coin409

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2823 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 01:51 AM

Korimito said:

I think he means 1.4 is crap.
An explanation would be great, thank you.

Posted Image

Slowhand
    Slowhand

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 01:59 AM

Too numerous to mention. Only one of many which bugs me to this day is the 'invisible stairs' bug. I use wood half-stairs to decorate my roof and many of the rows have become invisible due to this long time, well known and easily reproduceable bug.

coin409
    coin409

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2823 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 02:01 AM

Slowhand said:

Too numerous to mention. Only one of many which bugs my to this day: the 'invisible stairs' bug. I use wood stairs to decorate my roof and many of the rows have become invisible due to this long time, well known and easily reproduceable bug.
Why do you think they call it a "Beta"?

I'm not sure if anyone else has reported that glitch (I never seen it it. I have stairs all over my house.)

Posted Image

ryan1217

Posted 02 April 2011 - 02:03 AM

Slowhand said:

Too numerous to mention. Only one of many which bugs my to this day: the 'invisible stairs' bug. I use wood stairs to decorate my roof and many of the rows have become invisible due to this long time, well known and easily reproduceable bug.
Notch implements the first friendly mob, and people still complain that things aren't getting done?

Before this update, people screamed for more updates and more new things. Now, all you see is people flat out whining that the update is terrible.

Accept that the game is not even complete yet. Give Notch and the staff some time, and the bugs will be fixed.

spacedot said:

A laptop is a computer.

BrotherBiscuit

Posted 02 April 2011 - 02:05 AM

coin409 said:

Slowhand said:

I'm not sure if anyone else has reported that glitch (I never seen it it. I have stairs all over my house.)

Fun fact, in a beta, new features aren't added. Beta's are used to correct errors and bugs.

So essentially you have just proven Slowhand's point, thanks for that.

Slowhand
    Slowhand

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 02:16 AM

coin409 said:

Slowhand said:

Yawn! You're not going to draw me into another superfluous 'Beta' discussion again, are you?
A discussion where the mere mention of the word 'Beta' excuses all?
Sorry, I'm not taking the bait. In actual fact, it excuses nothing.

ImaCREEPER

Posted 02 April 2011 - 02:23 AM

Slowhand said:

ryan1217 said:

What's wrong with wolves and cookies?quote]

Yeah... There were bug fixes.

It's just that whiners whine about no new content. When they don't get new content, they whine about no bug fixes. When they get both, they say the content is bad and there aren't any bug fixes... Sound familiar?

Slowhand
    Slowhand

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 02:37 AM

No, I'm cool about new content, thanks to the modders . What really worries me are the series of fluff updates vs.  the numerous unaddressed known and uncorrected bugs .

AlabamaCajun

Posted 02 April 2011 - 02:39 AM

I noticed the creepers no longer look at you when they approach, strange!

"I wish I was special, so very special, I'M A CREEPER..." Radiohead

Listen to the song and ruuuuunnnn!

RufflesT
  • Minecraft: RufflesT

Posted 02 April 2011 - 02:50 AM

Cookies?Serious?How to craft?LOL I WANT COOKIES!
I'm a map reviewer! Want to request a map or see the reviewed maps? Click here!
MJM IS FINALLY RETURNING!

Spewns
    Spewns

Carpenter

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 02:51 AM

BrotherBiscuit said:

coin409 said:

Slowhand said:

Fun fact, in a beta, new features aren't added. Beta's are used to correct errors and bugs.
Wrong. People defending Notch always say this, but Notch specifically said beta was allegedly going to be focusing on content. See: http://notch.tumblr.... ... er-20-2010

Notch said:

With Beta comes a larger focus on polish and content, and we’ll start early on with adding proper modding support with a stable API, and we’d love all input we can get on this from the modders out there. We’ll also add some kind of non-intrusive narrative to the game to help drive the game experience early on, and to provide some kind of late game goal. There will be a bigger focus on testing and stability as well, with more time between updates.

In the quote, I've bolded and italicized what hasn't been accomplished in beta thus far and underlined what has.

leaveittosteven

Posted 02 April 2011 - 02:57 AM

ryan1217 said:

Slowhand said:

ryan1217 said:

What's wrong with wolves and cookies?
Such as?

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Bugs

Spewns said:

In the quote, I've bolded and italicized what hasn't been accomplished in beta thus far and underlined what has.

The whole discussion is moot because the reason Notch "advanced" the game to beta was for fiscal gain, not because of any change in development strategy. Effectively it is still an alpha and will probably always be an alpha.
BETA

"When we release a pure bugfix update, people get VERY upset ("NOTHING CHANGED!").. Adding features gives us much happier users. But I do realize that it's only happier users in the short term." - Notch

Dabreaker
  • Minecraft: Dabreaker

Posted 02 April 2011 - 03:03 AM

How about you stop being such a brat and deal with the fact that this game isn't on it's final stage?

:(
Youtube: TehCreativeDude
Wake up in Minecraft, punch trees

leaveittosteven

Posted 02 April 2011 - 03:05 AM

Dabreaker said:

How about you stop being such a brat and deal with the fact that this game isn't on it's final stage?

:coalore:

why not stop being a dicksuck and realize that that's irrelevant in this discussion?
BETA

"When we release a pure bugfix update, people get VERY upset ("NOTHING CHANGED!").. Adding features gives us much happier users. But I do realize that it's only happier users in the short term." - Notch