• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

What are the benefits of a premium account?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

TehShotgunCrew

Posted 01 April 2011 - 09:20 PM

Hi, I bought a minecraft account an hour ago, and I'm wondering, what're the benefits of having a premium account? I don't see any difference from playing from a pirated copy, besides the fact I can change the skin and play on the browser. Anyone want to tell me? Here's a diamond in advance:  :(

Register or log in to remove.

salty53
    salty53

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 09:21 PM

Pirated copies often have weird problems. Also, they're, you know, illegal.

Dmangiants

Posted 01 April 2011 - 09:22 PM

you also don't have any support from mojang if their is a problem. i don't think they should be trusted.

you also can't play online multiplayer
Posted Image

gompasta
    gompasta

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1527 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 09:23 PM

Yeah the main things about pirated copies, are that you cannot play multiplayer, you cannot use a skin, and they are ILLEGAL.
Posted Image
http://twitter.com/#!/Gompasta Mainly DF and Minecraft talk.

Holylifestar

Posted 01 April 2011 - 09:31 PM

gompasta said:

Yeah the main things about pirated copies, are that you cannot play multiplayer, you cannot use a skin, and they are ILLEGAL.
I quote this just to qoute it. He speaks the truth. Pirates go to nether.

DreamingDesire

Posted 01 April 2011 - 09:35 PM

I don't understand why people would pirate this game, it is cheap and affordable for such a great game! Despite it only being in beta, it is already a successful game full of fun and enjoyment. Kudos to you for supporting Mojang by buying a premium account!
In support of the upcoming epic Aether Mod!
Posted Image

Spacecraft
  • Minecraft: Spacecraft

Posted 02 April 2011 - 12:11 AM

DreamingDesire said:

I don't understand why people would pirate this game, it is cheap and affordable for such a great game! Despite it only being in beta, it is already a successful game full of fun and enjoyment. Kudos to you for supporting Mojang by buying a premium account!

A lot of people that play Minecraft are young children who can't afford the game, or who's parents won't let them buy things online. They all seem to think they're entitled to owning Minecraft regardless. Then there are the people that say "Oh I'm just pirating it to see if I like it." Then they play without buying it for 8 months, and then make a post on these forums saying "I bought it after pirating it!" to appear legitimate.

Not saying EVERYONE is like this, so don't get your knickers in a twist.  :Diamond:

Posted Image

Unit7
    Unit7

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1026 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 12:13 AM

gompasta said:

If you have the Jar file you can change your skin. It's just a matter of going into the jar file, going into mob, and changing the char.png

NotSid
    NotSid

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 788 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 12:24 AM

TehShotgunCrew said:

Hi, I bought a minecraft account an hour ago, and I'm wondering, what're the benefits of having a premium account? I don't see any difference from playing from a pirated copy, besides the fact I can change the skin and play on the browser. Anyone want to tell me? Here's a diamond in advance:  :)
The difference:

Pirates are playing the game illegally. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

People who bought the game legitimately are law-abiding citizens and can play the game worry-free, knowing that they are supporting an independent developer.
I now play League of Legends! If you are interested in trying this FREE game, click my ---->REFERRAL LINK!<---- There are NO fees, NO premium-only champions. You can unlock ALL the champions without paying a DIME! Check it out! If you sign up using my link, I get cool bonus stuff! I'll teach you the basics of the game if you'd like, as thanks! :)

Grimscythe

Posted 02 April 2011 - 12:26 AM

ITT: Fan boys trying to use fear tactics on people pirating the game they're a fan boy for.  :DORE:

Nigel xD
    Nigel xD

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 753 posts
  • Minecraft: nigelxd

Posted 02 April 2011 - 01:11 AM

salty53 said:

Pirated copies often have weird problems.

Oh come on. If you're honestly a kind of person who thinks everything pirated has "strange problems" then I don't know what to say to you. I know you have downloaded stuff illegally and just because at one point you might of had a problem once doesn't mean everything else is 100% evil.
Basically, if you have the smarts, everything you pirate works fine and dandy.

And yes, this is all opinion - but quit using scare tactics on people who want to play the game without being hassled for $20 when they can use that for rising gas prices or other things for example. It isn't fair.

Grimscythe said:

ITT: Fan boys trying to use fear tactics on people pirating the game they're a fan boy for.  :iapprove:

Basically this.

Posted Image

Don't worry.

Hyperventilate

Posted 02 April 2011 - 01:16 AM

I pirated this game.

I admit it.

I also bought the game.

Unfortunately, the pirated version worked a lot better than my legal version. Why?

Black screen of death. I never once had it while playing on pirated versions. The second I bought the game proper, BSOD.

Questionable, to say the least.

Other than free updates and not having to wait for a pirated copy to come out, that's the deal with premium.

I could both change my skin and play multiplayer with my pirated copy.

Edit:

NotSid said:

TehShotgunCrew said:

People who bought the game legitimately are law-abiding citizens and can play the game worry-free, knowing that they are supporting an independent developer.

Considering Notch has sold what, a bagillion copies of Minecraft + worked on multiple other games... not really see how "Supporting" is an issue. This guy is set for life.

Life is not measured in the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

valeriaha
    valeriaha

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 916 posts
  • Location: hopefully nowhere near anyone who browses the off-topic section (other than me, that is)

Posted 02 April 2011 - 01:17 AM

Dmangiants said:

you also don't have any support from mojang if their is a problem.
yes, exactly this. don't even think about asking mojang for help!

...oh, we were talking about people who use pirated copies?

The_Pastmaster said:

Locked for... No idea

good job, mods, good job

sakuraknight

Posted 02 April 2011 - 01:18 AM

You feel the overwhelming satisfaction of finally owning the game and admitting to others so no one will flame you for the pirate you are you cur! Arrrrrgh!

brienza112

Posted 02 April 2011 - 01:36 AM

Dmangiants said:

you also don't have any support from mojang if their is a problem. i don't think they should be trusted.

you also can't play online multiplayer
Support? You mean updates? Because pirated copies can update you know.

AzgarthX
    AzgarthX

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 01:42 AM

Yea, u cant play on multiplayer at all, even if its a private server that you or your friend made, you get user not premium msg thrown back at your face

.:CLICK HERE--->My Channel<---CLICK HERE:.
Posted Image

ShadowWolf937

Posted 02 April 2011 - 01:42 AM

buy it. Its really worth it. Plus, its only 15 bucks.

salty53
    salty53

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 06:39 AM

Nigel xD said:

Oh come on. If you're honestly a kind of person who thinks everything pirated has "strange problems" then I don't know what to say to you. I know you have downloaded stuff illegally and just because at one point you might of had a problem once doesn't mean everything else is 100% evil.
Basically, if you have the smarts, everything you pirate works fine and dandy.

And yes, this is all opinion - but quit using scare tactics on people who want to play the game without being hassled for $20 when they can use that for rising gas prices or other things for example. It isn't fair.
If you actually read the forums, you'll find that those "strange problems" tend to be things like "Multiplayer doesn't work at all", which is extremely well-documented, and there have been many reports of other less pressing glitches with varying levels of confirmation. Do your research next time.

Spacecraft
  • Minecraft: Spacecraft

Posted 02 April 2011 - 06:56 AM

The game is 20 bucks. There is no reason to not buy it. If you cannot afford $20 for a quality game, then you've got more pressing concerns.

Posted Image

Grimscythe

Posted 02 April 2011 - 07:22 AM

Multiplayer works fine, I play on a three-man server with my two buddies.

There are no bugs that aren't in the real Minecraft, it's the exact same thing. The only server's you can't play on are the ones of people who paid for the game and have an account.

If you cannot afford $20 for a quality game, then you've got more pressing concerns.

Spoken like someone who has never had to work for anything. Honestly, even if I had an extra twenty dollars I just don't find the game worth that much. Maybe if they still had all the free DLC like if you got the game early I would consider it, but I'm not going to and then have to pay for updates six months down the road.