Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

I need help with redstone and a dispenser! Quick please

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

tomi1337
  • Minecraft: InstWizard

Posted 01 April 2011 - 03:58 PM

Hello world. I want to make a Button to redstone torch to redstone torch to dispenser on my bridge.
So basicly what i want to do, is... That by pressing this button:
Posted Image
This dispenser will shoot an arrow at my door, killing the mob whos at my door.
Posted Image
I have tried to do it like this, but it won't work.
Posted Image

On my one save i had, wich got deleted when i reinstalled minecraft to get the 1.4 inv editor to work..
I have tried to do a Dispenser auto shooter, though it didn't work right, because the dispenser were in a different position than in this one, and everytime i pressed a button, it shot 3 times.

Hatchet18 said:

Posted Image
I have tried to make it work, with the redstone torches to work, by doing it somehow like this, under my bridge, but it didn't work.

So.. What i want you to tell me, is that how can i make a Auto dispenser, or just a normal Button to Dispenser redstone circuit, to make this thing shoot from inside my house. In case i don't understand a shit about it, I can upload the world file.

Off topic:Can you people see the pictures, or do you have to click the link for it to show up? I have done it like this before, but for some reason the pictures just don't load up for me. The picture on the quote does show up on the Preview tough. The code im using to get the picture to work, is this:
[img]http://i7.aijaa.com/b/00463/7802082.png[/img]
And im pretty fucking sure i have done it like that on my other computer (dad's laptop. When i didn't live here that time.) And it has worked.

2x Asus GTX 560 Ti OC / I5 2500K@ 4.4GHz w/Hyper 212 EVO / 2x 4GB RAM / Corsair 850W PSU /Seagate Barracuda 1TB Harddrive / Antec Nine Hundred

Register or log in to remove.

tomi1337

Posted 01 April 2011 - 04:54 PM

Bump, i want to get this done! :Notch:

2x Asus GTX 560 Ti OC / I5 2500K@ 4.4GHz w/Hyper 212 EVO / 2x 4GB RAM / Corsair 850W PSU /Seagate Barracuda 1TB Harddrive / Antec Nine Hundred

Redenbacher09

Posted 01 April 2011 - 05:57 PM

This should be a fairly simple fix :P

Just remove the redstone torches!

All you need to do is connect the button to the dispenser with redstone, no torches required.

If the distance is too long (the redstone fades to black before you reach the dispenser), you need to drop a repeater in the middle somewhere.

I hope that helps!

EDIT: However, that doesn't create an 'auto dispenser'. One button press would fire a single arrow. You'd have to mash the button repeatedly to kill anything. I'm not totally sure how to do that, but maybe TaviRider's World of Redstone will help?
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=241078
Posted Image

tomi1337

Posted 01 April 2011 - 10:07 PM

Redenbacher09 said:

This should be a fairly simple fix :iapprove:

Just remove the redstone torches!

All you need to do is connect the button to the dispenser with redstone, no torches required.

If the distance is too long (the redstone fades to black before you reach the dispenser), you need to drop a repeater in the middle somewhere.

I hope that helps!

EDIT: However, that doesn't create an 'auto dispenser'. One button press would fire a single arrow. You'd have to mash the button repeatedly to kill anything. I'm not totally sure how to do that, but maybe TaviRider's World of Redstone will help?
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=241078
Okay, thanks. Actually, before reading this. I deleted the torches and did it a quite differently Here, in my youtube video where i play around with it.. It shoots two arrows when i press a button. Its really fun to play with :)