• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

How do I find my server's IP?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

AppReviewQ

Posted 31 March 2011 - 11:26 PM

I am a n00b to server hosting but I cant figure out my server's IP Address. I have played on the server on my own computer, but I am not sure what address I give to my friends. I have tried my IP address, with the port number, my router's IP, basically everything. I am running on the new 1.4 beta firmware and I have a macbook 10.6.7
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

rch
    rch

Minecraft.cm

• Members
  • 4104 posts
  • Minecraft: rch

Posted 31 March 2011 - 11:56 PM

To find your public IP address (this is what your friends connect to) you would go to http://www.whatismyip.com

If you're looking for your internal IP address (this is what you set up port forwarding to go to) you'd do this:

Windows
    [*:33mr9ofl] Click on your Start button and then click "Run"
    [*:33mr9ofl] In the text box type "cmd" (without quotes)
    [*:33mr9ofl] In the new window that comes up type "ipconfig /all" (again, without quotes)
    [*:33mr9ofl] You'll see your internal IP listed next to IPv4 and it will likely start with 192.168

Apple OSX
    [*:33mr9ofl] Go to your System Preferences and click on "Network"
    [*:33mr9ofl] Make sure your active connection is selected on the left (Airport, Ethernet, VPN, etc)
    [*:33mr9ofl] You will see your internal IP under "Status" on the right pane of the active connection

RonanZer0
  • Minecraft: DoubleTap1911

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:32 PM

when i gave him that ip, and when i use it myself, the one i got from that website it gives me a connection refused: connect error
damn and i wanted to play with him >:(
Omg!!I made mah house but I got the CREEPER VIRUS...Now IM a creeper! SssssSsSSsSS to you!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Creepers Gonna Creep :o
Haters Gonna Hate :o