• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

BETA 1.4 - how to make my minecraft server work???? :/

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

mcnugget_123

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:17 PM

with the new beta 1.4 server out my minecraft server wont work, im using the server software off the minecraft website, but theres not udate link on there.
does anyone know how i could make the server work with 1.4? :DORE:
any help would be awesome :D
cheers

Register or log in to remove.

Zack9764
    Zack9764

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:19 PM

The files provided are already 1.4 files.

mcnugget_123

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:20 PM

so just re-download the server files? :)

WolfLionHead

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:00 PM

I downloaded the new minecraft-server. It gives you 3 files:
minecraft-server.jar
README.TXT <------ I read it!
start server.bat

in the readme it tells you "To change any settings, edit server.properties. <----(Not to sure how to do that may be where my problem is coming from...)
To run a private server, set isPublic to false in the properties. To connec to your server, people should open the following url in their browsers:
http://www.minecraft...lay.jsp?server=&port=

To start the server, run "start server.bat" on windows. On any other system, the command you want is:
java -cp minecraft-server.jar com.mojang.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer"

but when I run "start server.bat" (and I am on windows) I get this: 'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
Press any key to continue...

When you press a key it just closes the window.

I also tried double clicking minecraft-server.jar but I just get "Failed to load Main-Class manifest attribute from C:\...\minecraft-server.jar"

What am I doing wrong?

mbandito
    mbandito

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:14 PM

i'm getting the same thing

incorrect

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:23 PM

i think due to the 1.4 update new multiplayer servers are not working i could be wrong but i am seeing alot of post with issues and i am currently having problems too.

badfeet
    badfeet

Full Stack

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:25 PM

Have you tried the .exe?  That is what I use and it worked perfectly.

mbandito
    mbandito

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:33 PM

badfeet said:

Have you tried the .exe?  That is what I use and it worked perfectly.
where do you find said exe?

mbandito
    mbandito

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:36 PM

nvm
https://s3.amazonaws... ... 1607366366

normancon

Posted 31 March 2011 - 11:45 PM

The problem is that i dont get a 3 files. i het a stupid amount of class files. what do i do?

WolfLionHead

Posted 01 April 2011 - 02:53 AM

OK people I figured it out :) I know where I went wrong. lol

I will stare for people that had existing servers and suddenly lost access with the 1.4 update than I will explain for players that wish to make there first home servers.

First you need to redownloads the Multiplayer beta server software from http://www.minecraft.net/servers.jsp like I did the first time, lol

Once you have downloaded the appropriate file (ether Minecraft_Server.exe or minecraft_server.jar depending on your computer system) move it to a new file if you haven’t done so for the download (I called mine “new minecraft server 1.4”).

Now you should have a java (cop of coffee icon) file called minecraft_server. Double click it and it should run and it will create 7 new files (that’s why I keep it in a new file, keep everything together).
The 7 new files are:
“world” Folder,
“banned-ips” TEXT Document,
“banned-players” TEXT Document,
“ops” TEXT Document,
“server” TEXT Document,
“server” PROPERTIES File
and “white-list” TEXT Document

Once you get “Done (1374225915ns)! For help, type "help" or "?"” you can stop and close the Minecraft server window. I type “stop” at the bottom of the window to do so. This is the safe way of doing it... I never click the X to close the window (can corrupt your save).

Now you will need to find where your old Multiplayer Folder is. You will probably find it where you saved your old 1.3 minecraft_server. Copy and past it in you new 1.4 minecraft_server folder. If it is called world (the default name) I suggest that you change the name or delete the new 1.4 “world” Folder so you don’t get a conflict.
Do the same thing for your “server” PROPERTIES File. (in other words replace the new 1.4 files with your old 1.3 files)

Run the java minecraft server and voila! You just need to log on your Multiplayer server as usual. Hope it works for you!!!!!!

For players that want to set up there own new server at home on there computer:

First you will need to create your own private network. I use a small programme called Hamachi. You can find it on Google and download it for free. The setup are self explanatory (or find YouTube videos). It will setup a new network on your computer that other uses can connect to (there need Hamachi too) then there will need to find your network (give those people your password so there can log on your network).
Once there logged on you should be able to see there name.

Second you need to downloads the Multiplayer beta server software from http://www.minecraft.net/servers.jsp like I did the first time, lol

Once you have downloaded the appropriate file (ether Minecraft_Server.exe or minecraft_server.jar depending on your computer system) move it to a new file if you haven’t done so for the download (I called mine “new minecraft server 1.4”).

Now you should have a java (cop of coffee icon) file called minecraft_server. Double click it and it should run and it will create 7 new files (that’s why I keep it in a new file, keep everything together).
The 7 new files are:
“world” Folder,
“banned-ips” TEXT Document,
“banned-players” TEXT Document,
“ops” TEXT Document,
“server” TEXT Document,
“server” PROPERTIES File
and “white-list” TEXT Document

Once you get “Done (1374225915ns)! For help, type "help" or "?"” you can stop and close the Minecraft server window. I type “stop” at the bottom of the window to do so. This is the safe way of doing it... I never click the X to close the window (can corrupt your save).

Now you need to open “server” PROPERTIES File
This is what you should see the first time:

#Minecraft server properties
#Thu Mar 31 22:53:04 ADT 2011
level-name=world
hellworld=false
spawn-monsters=true
online-mode=true
spawn-animals=true
max-players=20
server-ip=
pvp=true
level-seed=
server-port=25565
white-list=false

You will need to edit some of those.
If you want to keep it as a private server (you and your friends) change “online-mode=true” to “online-mode=false”

Then you will need to find your “server-ip=” #. You will need to use your Hamachi IP#. It’s the big numbers above your name. Example: 5.78.156.99. Hamachi will automatically give you one. Type the numbers after “server-ip=” like this “server-ip=5.78.156.99”

You can also look at “server-port=25565”. 25565 is the default that minecraft uses. You can change it if you wish (I use 25, easy to remember). Either way, you will need to tack note of the number.

Go to File and save the changes and then close the window.

Run the java minecraft_server and don’t close it, it need to run at the same time as Minecraft.

Run Mincraft and log on, go to Multiplayer. In the box type your Hamachi IP# then add 2 dots  :  and then the server port #. Example: 5.78.156.99:25565 (no spaces).
Now press Connect and you should lode in your new Multiplayer server. Your friends will need to use the same number to join your server.
Hope it works!!!!!

Sorry for any spelling mistakes. English is my second language.

minepro97
  • Minecraft: minepro97

Posted 02 April 2011 - 10:42 PM

Problem is when I do that (I have tried 1000 times) it keeps writing new lines of code like this for ever:
at jt.a(SourceFile:29)
at jt.b(SourceFile:37)
forever and ever and at the bottom it keeps saying:
[info] Generating new properties file
and it occassionly says underneath:
[warning] Failed to save server.properties

View PostAtomicStryker, on 27 February 2011 - 03:14 PM, said:

I recommend using Optifine for replacing Notch's funky render code with slightly less funky rendering code.

tooker
    tooker

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 11:06 PM

i was wondering i have downloaded the new minecraft server stuff its working fine but, will my old map still work as in spawn wolves, and other things from the update?
               :opblock:  
       :opblock:     :opblock:
:opblock:  :opblock:  :opblock:
                :Notch:
                :Iron:
                :Logs^:       :VV:  :VV:

MANZA
    MANZA

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Minecraft: MANZA

Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:50 AM

Idk ikow that in the server properties file has to be edited. Open it up with notepad and put ur where the ip adress is. And run the server it should work. :Sheep:  :Diamond:
~:P~

windowsxp08

Posted 03 April 2011 - 12:45 PM

If you want to open the .properties file, download notepad++ from http://notepad-plus-plus.org/download. Once installed, right-click on the .properties file, and it will open successfully.

MikesJam
    MikesJam

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Minecraft: MikesJam

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:47 PM

How do you find your Hamachi IP? I tried using the server ID i got, but java says this:

[INFO] Starting minecraft server version Beta 1.4
[INFO] Loading properties
[SEVERE] Unexpected exception
java.net.UnknownHostException: 111-111-111:999
at java.net.Inet6AddressImpl.lookupAllHostAddr(Native Method)
at java.net.InetAddress$1.lookupAllHostAddr(Unknown Source)
at java.net.InetAddress.getAddressFromNameService(Unknown Source)
at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName0(Unknown Source)
at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName(Unknown Source)
at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName(Unknown Source)
at java.net.InetAddress.getByName(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(SourceFile:107)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:246)
at bg.run(SourceFile:375)

BTW, I didn't use my real ID or Server port. Thanks for the help :iapprove:
Posted Image     Posted Image     Posted Image

E.G.Minecraft

Posted 08 April 2011 - 06:19 PM

minepro97 said:

Problem is when I do that (I have tried 1000 times) it keeps writing new lines of code like this for ever:
forever and ever and at the bottom it keeps saying:
[info] Generating new properties file
and it occassionly says underneath:
[warning] Failed to save server.properties

In the same boat. I have an old server that runs 1.4 but I am trying to make another one that has the airplane mod. So it says I need to use the .jar instead of the .exe and when I click it.. same. Have to alt-ctrl-del to make it stop.  Even moved it INTO the java /bin folder, that didnt do anything.

EDIT: Its when i move it into java's /bin folder that I get that. When I just double click it in a command prop flashes then disappers, no files generated...

E.G.Minecraft

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:13 PM

nm got it figured out. the tuts i saw said copy and paste this to the batch file

-Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar minecraft_server.jar

but they forgot the word java at the beginning. I noticed, put it in and worked. thanks all

David120494

Posted 09 April 2011 - 08:40 PM

E.G.Minecraft said:

nm got it figured out. the tuts i saw said copy and paste this to the batch file

but they forgot the word java at the beginning. I noticed, put it in and worked. thanks all

Can you please link me to the tut video plz? cause I don't know were the batch file and where to post the java              

Jamesytheminer

Posted 11 April 2011 - 03:59 PM

mine says FAILED TO BIND TO PORT!

is that a router issue or what? cuz theres not alot i can do about my router cuz, well its not actually mine so i cant be messing around with it

so yeah any ideas?