[Millénaire] Extra buildings for Millénaire

• Please log in to reply
995 replies to this topic

BlackNavi

Posted 04 May 2011 - 03:38 PM

Werzieq said:

BlackNavi said:

Werzieq said:

Werzieq is wondering...should he post an update to his Building Pack Today?

I can't wait to see what this turns out to be, looks interesting:

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

In tomorrows update, that dirt will be removed.

How deep can you get them to dig?
Oh, that's the quarry

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

joeyjam
    joeyjam

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1134 posts
  • Minecraft: joeyjam

Posted 04 May 2011 - 03:49 PM

BlackNavi said:

Werzieq said:

BlackNavi said:

Posted Image

Oh, that's the quarry
How deep can you get them to dig?

Theoretically, we should be able to get them to build in any space from 0-127, but that would be horrible to design a building plan for something of those dimensions...

makermod1
    makermod1

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1207 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:58 PM

Werzieq said:

BlackNavi said:

Werzieq said:

Werzieq is wondering...should he post an update to his Building Pack Today?

Posted Image

Oh, that's the quarry
btw what texture pack is that.... it looks awsome O_O
Posted Image

BlackNavi

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:13 AM

If anyone is using the Millenaire mod along with the Industrial Craft mod (viewtopic.php?f=1032&t=199635&p=4582567#p4582567) here is a Solar Array that is custom made by BrianSki and myself, BlackNavi:

Download:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UQLSD8VF
Place the building plans (circularsolararray.txt) into .minecraft/millenaire/buildingplans/custom

Video:
vheCFmVlUNI

Photos:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

DESCRIPTION-

Circular Solar Array (kit) A.K.A. The Mad Scientist's Lair:
For those who play using Millenaire and Industrial Craft. Produces a circular building with space for plenty of solar panels, with placeholders for necessary devices. You will need to manually place the appropriate Industrial Craft objects.

Replace the wool with cables, and place switch cables in the center of the "+"es. Replace the exterior planks with solar panels, and place solar panels on top of the exposed cables on the roof. Replace the interior planks with MFEs, MFSes, or switch cables as desired.

Produces 13 power from each flower, 39 from each side, 156 total. There is built-in space for 4 emergency generators per side, 16 total, expandable to 6 per side, or 24 total. Emergency generators fit into the slots next to the upper MFEs.

The basement is an ideal spot for all of your machines.

The building does NOT need to be completely filled in with panels and MFEs before it becomes functional. You can do useful work with as little as one MFE, a single solar panel, and a handful of cables.

One side filled with solar panels, using switch cables to connect to a single MFE:
http://img839.images... ... 600.th.png

That same side, with 3 MFEs and a MFS:
http://img20.imagesh... ... 914.th.png

An array with a full set of solar panels (new version is flush with ground level):
http://img109.images... ... 047.th.png

Tips:
Something not working? Make sure you replaced ALL the wool blocks with cables. There are wool blocks beneath the MFE placeholder blocks too.

*Note: The steps in the video have been replaced with a ladder to free up roof space for more generators.
There are also additional "side rooms" at the wiring level for storage, etc..
Be aware that this Array takes many MC days to build and you will see the builder pacing back and forth alot because she is building the underground part that is not visible to you.
Posted Image

Werzieq
    Werzieq

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 738 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 05:37 AM

Coming soon to Werzieq's Building Pack v1.7(millenaire 0.3.8b)

Bug Fixes:

- Archery Range Gate
- Farmhouse Roof
- Farmhouse Ceiling
- Add Farmhouse Torches
- Remove Warehouse Ceiling
- Add Chests to Warehouse
- Add Torches to Warehouse lvl3
- Fix Dummies in Training Grounds lvl 2
- Remove border dirt from Quarry
- Remove Farmhouse Ladders

New Buildings:

- Guard post
- Windmill
-  Hayloft
- Shed
- Water Mill

New Upgrades:

- Pond Bridge
- Farmohuse more Fields
- Farmhouse Cellar

Variations:

- Shed
- Warehouse

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Werzieq :Diamond:
Current Building Pack(1.6)
Posted Image

noahhaon
    noahhaon

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:29 AM

Hey thnx for this but before i install it i;ve got a question:
do i have to put the coreFOLDER in the building plans folder or the files?

*edit i put the files in the folders and now all npcs are gone
*edit2 and the chests and the chest with the village wand are gone too
Posted Image

Werzieq
    Werzieq

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 738 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 10:36 AM

Werzieq's Building Pack v1.6_01(millenaire 0.3.8b)

Change log v1.7_01: 
		Bugs Fixed:
			- Archery Range Gate
			- Farmhouse Roof
			- Farmhouse Ceiling 
			- Add Farmhouse Torches
			- Remove Warehouse Ceiling 
			- Add Torches to Warehouse lvl3
			- Fix Dummies in Training Grounds lvl 2
			- Remove border dirt from Quarry
			- Remove Farmhouse Ladders
Contains
	- Stable (For your Mo'Creatures horses!)
	- Animal Pen (Animals spawn at night here!)
	- Kennel (For your wolves!)
	- Mansion(For you to move in!)
	- Barn (Animals spawn at night here!)
	- Pond (Happy fishing!) 
	- Monument(
	- Water Trough (Let your horses have a drink!)
	- Warehouse (Store your booty here!)
	- Outpost(Hmmm...no Creepers in sight!)
	- Graveyard(Bury your dead Creepers here!)
	- Trebuchet(Defend your Town!)
	- Monument and Abrevoir variations
	- Chicken Farm
	- Belvedere
	- Bibiliotheque
	- Grande Chenil
	- Quarry
	- Traning Grounds
	- Big Farm
	- Archery Range

To be added soon:

- Building Variations
	- Prison
	- More Upgrades for Buildings
	- Blacksmith
	- Your Suggestions/Requests
	- More stuff...

Downloads:

Mediafire:http://adf.ly/1QiCw
Rapidshare:http://adf.ly/1QiDx
MegaUpload:http://adf.ly/1QiFu

Screenshots and more info.:

http://www.minecraft...877661#p3877661

-Werzieq
Posted Image

Bosnac
    Bosnac

Carpenter

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:00 PM

Hello :iapprove:

If its not to hard for someone to explain for me how to create a building that can later be used by others in Millénaire it would be great :Spider: (Send PM about it ^^ )

BlackNavi

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:19 PM

Bosnac said:

Hello :)

If its not to hard for someone to explain for me how to create a building that can later be used by others in Millénaire it would be great :) (Send PM about it ^^ )

Use this guide:
Guide on making custom buildings (RTF file) 0.3: http://bit.ly/millen...03buildingguide

Also, you can use this one I laid out (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MW4FN3YG) and just plug in your changes (easiest way). Use the guide to get the corresponding letters for items you which to place.

To troubleshoot:
Run MC with your building plans installed then exit the game and check the Millenaire log which will tell you in an easy to understand way what problems there may be with your building plans. I still use the old .txt way of making building plans. I have not tried the .png yet. Hope this helps.

Re: [1.5_01] Millénaire - NPC village (0.3.8b: bug fixes)
by BlackNavi » Thu May 05, 2011 2:12 am

If anyone is using the Millenaire mod along with the Industrial Craft mod (viewtopic.php?f=1032&t=199635&p=4582567#p4582567) here is a Solar Array that is custom made by BrianSki and myself, BlackNavi:

Download:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MW4FN3YG
Place the building plans (circularsolararray.txt) into .minecraft/millenaire/buildingplans/custom

Video:
vheCFmVlUNI

Photos:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

DESCRIPTION-

Circular Solar Array (kit) A.K.A. The Mad Scientist's Lair:
For those who play using Millenaire and Industrial Craft. Produces a circular building with space for plenty of solar panels, with placeholders for necessary devices. You will need to manually place the appropriate Industrial Craft objects.

Replace the wool with cables, and place switch cables in the center of the "+"es. Replace the exterior planks with solar panels, and place solar panels on top of the exposed cables on the roof. Replace the interior planks with MFEs, MFSes, or switch cables as desired.

Produces 13 power from each flower, 39 from each side, 156 total. There is built-in space for 4 emergency generators per side, 16 total, expandable to 6 per side, or 24 total. Emergency generators fit into the slots next to the upper MFEs.

The basement is an ideal spot for all of your machines.

The building does NOT need to be completely filled in with panels and MFEs before it becomes functional. You can do useful work with as little as one MFE, a single solar panel, and a handful of cables.

One side filled with solar panels, using switch cables to connect to a single MFE:
http://img839.images... ... 600.th.png

That same side, with 3 MFEs and a MFS:
http://img20.imagesh... ... 914.th.png

An array with a full set of solar panels (new version is flush with ground level):
http://img109.images... ... 047.th.png

Tips:
Something not working? Make sure you replaced ALL the wool blocks with cables. There are wool blocks beneath the MFE placeholder blocks too.

*Note: The steps in the video have been replaced with a ladder to free up roof space for more generators.
There are also additional "side rooms" at the wiring level for storage, etc..
Be aware that this Array takes many MC days to build and you will see the builder pacing back and forth alot because she is building the underground part that is not visible to you.
Posted Image

Bosnac
    Bosnac

Carpenter

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 03:03 PM

It didn't really help :/ Couldn't understand it :iapprove:

coldfire220

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:42 PM

Bosnac said:

It didn't really help :/ Couldn't understand it :D

Its pretty straight forward if you think about it.
You build your buildings from the ground up, layer by layer.
I found it easier, personally to have the text editor up and running, and using one of the flat grass maps.
That way I can actually use blocks, and just record on the editor as I go.

So say its a normal boxey kind of house.
Assuming the character for wood is "w", and air is "a" it'd look like this.

wwwwwwwwww
wwwwwwwwww
wwwwwwwwww
wwwwwwwwww
wwwwwwwwww
wwwwwwwwww
wwwwwwwwww
wwwwwwwwww
wwwwwwwwww
wwwwwwwwww

wwwwwwwwww
waaaaaaaaaw
waaaaaaaaaw
waaaaaaaaaw
waaaaaaaaaw
waaaaaaaaaw
waaaaaaaaaw
waaaaaaaaaw
waaaaaaaaaw
wwwwwwwwww

That would give me the bottom floor, which would be all wood, then the second block up, which would be the outside frame of the house. If the next block layer up incorporated a window, it'd look like this:

wwwwwwwwww
waaaaaaaaaw
waaaaaaaaaw
aaaaaaaaaaw
aaaaaaaaaaw
waaaaaaaaaw
waaaaaaaaaw
waaaaaaaaaw
waaaaaaaaaw
wwwwwwwwww

wwwwwwwwww
waaaaaaaaaw
waaaaaaaaaw
aaaaaaaaaaw
aaaaaaaaaaw
waaaaaaaaaw
waaaaaaaaaw
waaaaaaaaaw
waaaaaaaaaw
wwwwwwwwww

wwwwwwwwww
waaaaaaaaaw
waaaaaaaaaw
waaaaaaaaaw
waaaaaaaaaw
waaaaaaaaaw
waaaaaaaaaw
waaaaaaaaaw
waaaaaaaaaw
wwwwwwwwww

That would give me a 2x2 window on the left side. Copy/paste is your friend.
Make sense?

Jah92
    Jah92

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 639 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 07:21 PM

freak241 said:

PureGoober said:

virror said:

Here is my building pack. It currently contains:
Inn upgrade 2
Blacksmith + 1 upgrade
Mine + 2 upgrades

http://dl.dropbox.co... ... g_pack.rar

Feel free to tell me good/bad things about it.
Will probably add more buildings to it.

So, how exactly do I insert this?

l2read guy

To install buildings from this thread, go to your minecraft folder (.minecraft on Windows), then in buildingplans/extra inside it (or occasionally, buildingplans/core if it's an upgrade to one of the major buildings) and put the text files there. For any new building (as opposed to an upgrade to an existing one) there should also be a line to be put in extra.txt inside buildingplans/extra, provided by the poster.

just put the files from core into your buildingplans/core folder an overwrite
then put the files from custom into/buildingplans/custom and overwrite

I read that multiple time and still dont understand what files go where.... please take a pic of how to do it or explain where each files goes.
The only skill in minecraft is pvping, no such thing as skilled in anything else and I don't care if you disagree.

Bosnac
    Bosnac

Carpenter

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 07:25 PM

coldfire220 said:

Bosnac said:

It didn't really help :/ Couldn't understand it :GoldBar:

-snip-
Make sense?

Yes it did :GoldBar: Thank you alot :GoldBar: ;)  :GoldBar:

BrianSki
  • Minecraft: Beeskee

Posted 05 May 2011 - 11:59 PM

I updated my circular solar array, and updated the post on the second page with a link to the download. (or click here to download)  I'll have the other buildings updated shortly.

Updated Post on page 2

Anyone wondering how to install buildings, see my post on the second page. Basically, click Start->Run (XP) or paste the following into the 'search' bar (Vista/7)

%appdata%\.minecraft

There are all the 'omg teh secretzorz' minecraft files, like world saves, the bin folder which contains the jar, and hopefully the millenaire directory from where you installed Millenaire. Go into the millenaire directory, inside that is a 'buildingplans' directory - inside THAT is core, extra, and custom. Custom is where you put custom buildings. Technically they can go in any directory, the sorting is just to make things easier for you. Put your custom building files in here. There is no longer any main listing for the files in these directories, you don't need to edit custom.txt or anything like that any more.

If the files end in _A0.txt or _B0.txt or things like that, they are updated to the v3 format. IF not, they are still v2. You can still edit them by hand, it is very easy, look at the example files in Extra compared to the files you want to install, and make the appropriate changes.
We all float down here.

BlackNavi

Posted 06 May 2011 - 02:21 AM

BrianSki said:

I updated my circular solar array, and updated the post on the second page with a link to the download. (or click here to download)  I'll have the other buildings updated shortly.

Updated Post on page 2

Anyone wondering how to install buildings, see my post on the second page. Basically, click Start->Run (XP) or paste the following into the 'search' bar (Vista/7)

%appdata%\.minecraft

There are all the 'omg teh secretzorz' minecraft files, like world saves, the bin folder which contains the jar, and hopefully the millenaire directory from where you installed Millenaire. Go into the millenaire directory, inside that is a 'buildingplans' directory - inside THAT is core, extra, and custom. Custom is where you put custom buildings. Technically they can go in any directory, the sorting is just to make things easier for you. Put your custom building files in here. There is no longer any main listing for the files in these directories, you don't need to edit custom.txt or anything like that any more.

If the files end in _A0.txt or _B0.txt or things like that, they are updated to the v3 format. IF not, they are still v2. You can still edit them by hand, it is very easy, look at the example files in Extra compared to the files you want to install, and make the appropriate changes.

I like your Solar Array as much as I like the complete Millenaire mod, actually more cause if I had to choose I'd pick your Array! I'm in the process of filling it up now (see pic below).

Posted Image

This is the basement I added to it:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

BrianSki
  • Minecraft: Beeskee

Posted 06 May 2011 - 02:58 AM

Glad you like it. :SSSS: It's cool how you sunk it into the ground like that.  The basement is pretty sweet too. I couldn't find a good wiring guide for a low-resource, energy efficient workshop. I saw plenty of designs that wanted one MFE per piece of equipment... :SSSS:  If you want to come up with a workshop basement I'll add it, or if you feel like making a stand-alone workshop with a high-voltage input, I'm sure lots of folks would use it, myself included. :RFlower:

You can put solar panels on top of the cables and switch cables too.

I designed the array template because I couldn't follow anyone's guides on the IC thread about how to wire things up properly. I stumbled onto that design entirely by accident, I built it by scratch out in the wilderness and then was like, well, damn, I could have made this a Millenaire building. I managed to get the design down eventually.

Is that the old version of IC still? It hasn't been updated yet, last time I checked.

Edit: The links in the comments in the youtube video point to the thumbnails, you can link to the full-size images if you want. If you want to link to the original post you can use this link.

Werzieq said:

surrealnirvana said:

lol, I swear Google has the answer to everything
Nope, it  doesn't. It never tells you Chuck Norris's Location :RedShroom:

That's because Chuck Norris exists at all points in the space-time continuum simultaneously.

I'd love to see some automated rail station kits and some workshop kits. :SSSS:  I have no idea where to even start with those.
We all float down here.

reverandraptor

Posted 06 May 2011 - 11:18 AM

BrianSki said:

Glad you like it. :D It's cool how you sunk it into the ground like that.  The basement is pretty sweet too. I couldn't find a good wiring guide for a low-resource, energy efficient workshop. I saw plenty of designs that wanted one MFE per piece of equipment... :D  If you want to come up with a workshop basement I'll add it, or if you feel like making a stand-alone workshop with a high-voltage input, I'm sure lots of folks would use it, myself included. :GoldBar:

I designed the array template because I couldn't follow anyone's guides on the IC thread about how to wire things up properly. I stumbled onto that design entirely by accident, I built it by scratch out in the wilderness and then was like, well, damn, I could have made this a Millenaire building. I managed to get the design down eventually.

Is that the old version of IC still? It hasn't been updated yet, last time I checked.

Edit: The links in the comments in the youtube video point to the thumbnails, you can link to the full-size images if you want. If you want to link to the original post you can use this link.

Werzieq said:

surrealnirvana said:

Nope, it  doesn't. It never tells you Chuck Norris's Location :GoldBar:

That's because Chuck Norris exists at all points in the space-time continuum simultaneously.

I'd love to see some automated rail station kits and some workshop kits. ;)  I have no idea where to even start with those.
Chuck Norris is just getting back from his Pakistan vacation...

BlackNavi

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:07 PM

BrianSki said:

Glad you like it. :) It's cool how you sunk it into the ground like that.  The basement is pretty sweet too. I couldn't find a good wiring guide for a low-resource, energy efficient workshop. I saw plenty of designs that wanted one MFE per piece of equipment... :(  If you want to come up with a workshop basement I'll add it, or if you feel like making a stand-alone workshop with a high-voltage input, I'm sure lots of folks would use it, myself included. :D

Werzieq said:

surrealnirvana said:

Nope, it  doesn't. It never tells you Chuck Norris's Location :(

I'd love to see some automated rail station kits and some workshop kits. :)  I have no idea where to even start with those.

Hey, thanks for that explanation. Every time I look at it I am awed to how you made it, and then to make it work with Millenaire is extraordinary! I'm using the 6.5v of IC running on MC 1.5. The only issues are the upgraded nano suit so I just stay away from that. Eventually I will top those cables with solar panels but I am playing without cheating on a pretty recently made world so resources are holding me back a little. I added 2 MFSU's (then went to sleep in real life leaving the game running) so far and each one is over 2million full... I love it!

Shop progression:

Posted Image

Rear view:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

BlackNavi

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:12 PM

Samanie said:

Check Millenaire.log. If there's a planning error, it will say which floor is broken.
If there's no errors change priority to 80 - maybe 180 is too much to recognize.
Also i typed my first building ( huge creeper statue :) in wool and gave them no resources, so they built it first. Then just replaced the letters from W to p.
Btw the floors should be the same in size, tho i guess u know that.

Just so you know I have some buildings set to 3000 priority and they build it with no problems. Can you post the building plans for the creeper statue? Sounds like something a lot of us would use. With pics too.
Posted Image

CJ2311
    CJ2311

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:34 PM

I must say, that's a nice buildings pack you have there Werzieq, thanks for sharing :SSSS:

Stupid signatures being outdated and stuff D;