• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

How exactly do I find the META-INF folder?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

eiose
    eiose

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 11:08 PM

I'm a complete noob when it comes to installing mods but I think I'm about done. All I need to do is delete this 'META-INF' folder but the problem is I can't find it ANYWHERE.   :Orange: I've looked all over the minecraft folder and all over the folders in the folders in minecraft.jar and every folder I possibly can find but it's nowhere to be seen. Do I need to download some kind of program to find and delete it? If so, what program is this? I've searched and searched for the past 2 hours but nobody seems to have the same problem as me.

Special hugs for anyone who helps  :Skeleton:
Thanks in advance~
"That'sssssss a nicccce everything you've got there."
-- Honeydew of Khaz'Modan.

Register or log in to remove.

Knux848
    Knux848

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 11:13 PM

eiose said:

I'm a complete noob when it comes to installing mods but I think I'm about done. All I need to do is delete this 'META-INF' folder but the problem is I can't find it ANYWHERE.   :Spider: I've looked all over the minecraft folder and all over the folders in the folders in minecraft.jar and every folder I possibly can find but it's nowhere to be seen. Do I need to download some kind of program to find and delete it? If so, what program is this? I've searched and searched for the past 2 hours but nobody seems to have the same problem as me.

Special hugs for anyone who helps  :Sheep:
Thanks in advance~
You must have already deleted it. There's no other answer.
Memorable quotes:

"When you see a chicken, you gotta hit it with a shovel!"-SlyFoxHound
"Does he LOOK... like a BITCH?" -pulp fiction
"Double rainbow, oh my god, double rainbow, oh my god!"-youtube video

eiose
    eiose

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 11:19 PM

Knux848 said:

eiose said:

I'm a complete noob when it comes to installing mods but I think I'm about done. All I need to do is delete this 'META-INF' folder but the problem is I can't find it ANYWHERE.   :) I've looked all over the minecraft folder and all over the folders in the folders in minecraft.jar and every folder I possibly can find but it's nowhere to be seen. Do I need to download some kind of program to find and delete it? If so, what program is this? I've searched and searched for the past 2 hours but nobody seems to have the same problem as me.

Special hugs for anyone who helps  :)
Thanks in advance~
You must have already deleted it. There's no other answer.

I definitely haven't deleted it already. All the mod FAQ's said that if you don't delete it, the game will go to a black screen before loading up and that's what it's doing for me (plus it's crashing and closing itself.)

Frustrating..

CaduceusGUILT

Posted 30 March 2011 - 12:11 AM

What mod/mods are you trying to download/install. Despite the fact that most of the time it is because of the meta-inf, it can be for other reasons. Also tell me if you have any other mods installed.

Posted Image
I am the bone of my sword
Steel is my body, and fire is my blood
I have created over a thousand blades
Unknown to death, Nor known to life
Have withstood pain to create many weapons
Yet, those hands will never hold anything
So as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works

eiose
    eiose

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 01:18 PM

CaduceusGUILT said:

What mod/mods are you trying to download/install. Despite the fact that most of the time it is because of the meta-inf, it can be for other reasons. Also tell me if you have any other mods installed.

I've (attempted to) install ModLoader (latest version), More Block IDs ,Settings API and ToolUtils like some of the mods said to. I've got MoreTrees, FlyingMod, Shelf Beta 1.3_01, Fossils... I'm pretty sure that's it.