• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Sawdust
    Sawdust

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 10:37 AM

Is there anything that can be done with used and mostly damaged armor (mainly iron and gold armor)?  I tried putting old armor pieces in a furnace to melt it back down ( :) ), but that didn't work.

So, is this armor just trash now or is there a way to get something useful out of it?  I've been keeping old metallic armor in a chest, just in case. :-) Thanks.

Register or log in to remove.

Mitchewawa

Posted 13 August 2010 - 10:40 AM

You cannot do anything with crappy armour. I recommend burying it and leaving a sign as a memorial to it.
Posted Image

Hoppipolla

Posted 13 August 2010 - 10:45 AM

Ah, can't get the raw materials back. Have a fun drop off a tall cliff?

This is why I don't make iron armor. Leather armor has the same defense as iron, just shorter durability. Easier to dispose of used leather without regret.

RichardJames

Posted 13 August 2010 - 10:46 AM

Place all your inventory items in a chest.

Wear crappy armor.

Jump in lava

Problem solved.

Barbossa
    Barbossa

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • Minecraft: Barbossa

Posted 13 August 2010 - 10:50 AM

i wish you COULD smelt it back down, or craft it with pieces of metal to re-build its durability. like 1/5 the bar per..bar.

Liam.
    Liam.

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 10:52 AM

1. Make armour
2. Use it
3. use it more
4. ????????????
5. PROFIT!

niels
    niels

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3862 posts
  • Minecraft: niels

Posted 13 August 2010 - 11:09 AM

yes just use it until it breaks
Me on twitter :D

Vagrant0
    Vagrant0

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1068 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 11:16 AM

Use till it breaks while clearing a cave or something. Replace with leather or gold.

MaxHim
    MaxHim

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 11:16 AM

I incinerate all armour with under 50% durability. I have enough iron.
IF THIS WERE A CREEPER, YOU WOULD BE DEAD NOW. FORTUNATELY IT'S NOT.
MINECRAFT IS A DANGEROUS GAME; HOW'S YOUR SECURITY?

Learn English.
Super-exciting cartoon!
EXTREME VERSION

Randomone

Posted 13 August 2010 - 01:30 PM

Sawdust said:

Is there anything that can be done with used and mostly damaged armor (mainly iron and gold armor)?  I tried putting old armor pieces in a furnace to melt it back down ( :D ), but that didn't work.

So, is this armor just trash now or is there a way to get something useful out of it?  I've been keeping old metallic armor in a chest, just in case. :-) Thanks.

Sawdust said:

Is there anything that can be done with used and mostly damaged armor (mainly iron and gold armor)?  I tried putting old armor pieces in a furnace to melt it back down ( :Iron: ), but that didn't work.

Sawdust said:

Is there anything that can be done with used and mostly damaged armor (mainly iron and gold armor)?

Sawdust said:

(mainly iron and gold armor)

Sawdust said:

gold armor
You sir, just wasted perfectly good gold on armor. Gold = wood and leather.
Why?
CAUSE I'M AWESOME.
Posted Image

Papaya
    Papaya

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 01:42 PM

Whats wrong with used armor? It still has the same strength as before, just less durability.
It's not worth throwing away for the fact that it's durability is slightly low.

dormouse said:

carlos1212 said:

i think its terrible that there holding his own money from him. I have an idea! Drive the people who own paypal into the ocean with torches and pitchforks!
No. We'll dig a 5x5x3 pit outside of their office and fill it with cactus blocks.

Gummyish

Posted 13 August 2010 - 01:43 PM

Read sig,

Posted Image

Have you got a bit of Notch in you?

Rox
    Rox

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1235 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 01:52 PM

Papaya said:

Whats wrong with used armor? It still has the same strength as before, just less durability.
It's not worth throwing away for the fact that it's durability is slightly low.
I don't know, I'm starting to feel uncomfortable having armor down in the orange and red, too. If I ever need the armor at all, I'll need plenty of it. If I face off against a single skeleton or creeper or whatever, I'll walk away fine no matter what. I might as well be unarmored.

But when I do need armor, it's when a creeper manages to blow up behind me while two skeletons are taking turns firing at me from behind a corner I can't see because it's too dark, and unbeknownst to me, they're hiding just in front of a dungeon with a spider spawner.

That explosion is going to destroy all my low-durability armor and then I'll DIE from the volley of arrows. And if not, I'll die from the volley of giant spiders. Just because I wasn't thoughtful enough to wear fresh armor when going spelunking. I used to store some of my worn down armor in chests until I realized I'll never wear that ever again, so I started incinerating it... Until my incinerator burned down most of my fort, so now I don't do that anymore, either.

katana098

Posted 13 August 2010 - 01:54 PM

In SMP, save it up in chests. Raiders probably will just break the chests, so they just clogged their inventory with a bunch of used armor!
Posted Image
"I am a floating tree with limbs living in Antarctica. Screw logic."-floatingmagictree

niels
    niels

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3862 posts
  • Minecraft: niels

Posted 13 August 2010 - 01:59 PM

katana098 said:

In SMP, save it up in chests. Raiders probably will just break the chests, so they just clogged their inventory with a bunch of used armor!
this will not work
why: inventory is client side and not server side yet
Me on twitter :D

katana098

Posted 13 August 2010 - 01:59 PM

niels said:

katana098 said:

this will not work
why: inventory is client side and not server side yet
Raiders are not really around yet either.
Posted Image
"I am a floating tree with limbs living in Antarctica. Screw logic."-floatingmagictree

MaxHim
    MaxHim

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 02:13 PM

And when I'll be playing SMP, I'll be giving out old armour to beggars (I'm sure you MMO-savvy players have a nickname for them). Then, when the fellow will be enjoying his new notched (heh) armour, I'll pour lava on him. Because fuck beggars.
IF THIS WERE A CREEPER, YOU WOULD BE DEAD NOW. FORTUNATELY IT'S NOT.
MINECRAFT IS A DANGEROUS GAME; HOW'S YOUR SECURITY?

Learn English.
Super-exciting cartoon!
EXTREME VERSION

OpticalShadow

Posted 13 August 2010 - 02:57 PM

yeah we have a name for people that beg for things, WoW refugee's  :SSSS:

in anycase i dont actualy wear anything above leather in SP unless im doin tnt work, mainly building cannons and testing them, i have no use for them.  and the little i do have left at the end of the day meets my trash vaporizer.
Posted Image

Rynver
    Rynver

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Location: Between reality and over time. Somewhere betwixt reason and Rhyme

Posted 13 August 2010 - 03:00 PM

test a few cannon designs. Just remember, be the ball.
You can go ahead and move at the speed of light, But i will move at the speed of darkness.

Posted Image

Vagrant0
    Vagrant0

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1068 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 03:32 PM

Randomone said:

You sir, just wasted perfectly good gold on armor. Gold = wood and leather.

Gold really doesn't have much use for anything else at the moment other than decoration.