• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

My skin has snapshot 14w03b integration! (Layers)

snapshot 14w03b 2 layers two layers

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

TurtleTechy
  • Minecraft: AKwardTurtle9

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:25 AM

So the new snapshot came out along with a new skin layout, basically they added 2 layers to every part of your body and each body is separate now so you have a left leg and a right leg that don't share the same reversed skin same with the arms. You can see more here ----> http://www.minecraft...dy-for-testing/

Here is how I changed my skin to accompany this new system.

This is what I look like with no second layers (except hair Posted Image)
Posted Image

And here is me with all my layers on
Posted Image

If you look between the two you notice that it looks like I actually put on a jacket around my tshirt and put shoes... on my.. shoes, I have to fix that Posted Image

Anyway I just thought that was cool and me and my friend found out that the options
Posted Image
Are server side so you can take of a "jacket" and pretend your hot Posted Image I think this is cool for many reasons and could be useful in machinimas!

Post your skins below if they have be treated to the new system! Posted Image

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Cyberrock
  • Minecraft: CYberr0ck

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:55 AM

Nice work with that.Now i can finally add a jacket and glasses to my skin but, what programme did you use to make the new layered skins if i may ask?

StarScythe7

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:16 AM

Here's a few pics of Mine. :3
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

BONUS: Instant Vest Posted Image
Posted Image

View PostCyberrock, on 17 January 2014 - 06:55 AM, said:

Nice work with that.Now i can finally add a jacket and glasses to my skin but, what programme did you use to make the new layered skins if i may ask?
I used Paint.NET and a reference template to edit my skin, Atm Idk if there are any skin editors that support the new format yet.

Goteer10
  • Minecraft: goteer10

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:29 PM

Hey, could you guys help me? I've been trying to update my skin and the second layer for the pants is glitched for me :(
Here you have some pics:
Spoiler:

If you want to help me fix my skin, you can have it here:
                                                                                       Posted Image

EDIT: I use Paint.net, so no worries about transparency
Posted Image
Click Please! ^_^
Posted Image

MonovZuvbov
  • Minecraft: MonuvZaber

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:34 PM

I can custom skin layer too, use a Photoshop CS5.
Nothing bad for me because I was just player.

Posted Image

TurtleTechy

Posted 17 January 2014 - 05:22 PM

View PostStarScythe7, on 17 January 2014 - 07:16 AM, said:

Here's a few pics of Mine. :3 Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image BONUS: Instant Vest Posted Image Posted Image I used Paint.NET and a reference template to edit my skin, Atm Idk if there are any skin editors that support the new format yet.
Yeh thats nice Posted Image and I used paint.net too

http://www.getpaint.net

View PostGoteer10, on 17 January 2014 - 01:29 PM, said:

Hey, could you guys help me? I've been trying to update my skin and the second layer for the pants is glitched for me Posted Image
Here you have some pics:
Spoiler:

If you want to help me fix my skin, you can have it here:
   Posted Image

EDIT: I use Paint.net, so no worries about transparency

I am not sure what was wrong with it but I tried my best, this should fix it though! <3 Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Cyberrock
  • Minecraft: CYberr0ck

Posted 17 January 2014 - 05:51 PM

thanks a lot guys!

Goteer10

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:23 PM

View PostTurtleTechy, on 17 January 2014 - 05:22 PM, said:

Yeh thats nice Posted Image and I used paint.net too

http://www.getpaint.net

I am not sure what was wrong with it but I tried my best, this should fix it though! <3 Posted Image
Posted Image

Sorry, I was trying something tricky because I love the second layer Idea. I tried to fix it myself before you posted and failed, going to try your version and if it doesn't work, I'll just keep tinkering

EDIT: Your version has the same issue that my first try had, I'm suspecting another derp of mine reading the guide (The image) I'll keep ya' all informed [I should make a tutorial when I finish LOL]

EDIT2: Guess what? The left arm and leg had diferent texture mappings than the right ones, I didn't notice it at first because my legs are identical, but then: Fixed!
Can you give me your skin to test if this was an error from my side? Maybe you just copy-pasted the legs and arms and they work fine...
Posted Image
Click Please! ^_^
Posted Image

Goteer10

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:02 PM

Guess what? This happened: http://www.minecraft...em-from-14w03b/

We have a "Guide" on making the new skin. It lacks the issue that I had (It's not a bug, the steve.png has the adjustments that I've done to my skin)
Go check it out and send some example skins :D
Posted Image
Click Please! ^_^
Posted Image

lolb01
    lolb01

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 364 posts
  • Minecraft: lolb01

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:06 PM

My skin looks much better after all the time I spent making little changes and testing it in game (lab cloak thing moved to outer layer). I hope people leave all the layers on, because ATM my placeholder under layers looks pretty bad and my hat layer needs to be on for a eye thing I [invented? (not seen it anywhere else back when I made it)]). For my first time using paint.net, I think I did the first iteration pretty well (previously used a 3d skin program). This is it with and without extra layers:
Posted Image
Yeah, loads of improvements are needed. I'll do them later or when 3d skin programs are updated. I won't be using the snapshots much, so the mismatched, copied, placeholdered and lines will not really be seen.

QUOTE ME OR I WILL LIKELY NOT REPLY!

If I helped you in any way, press that green arrow in the lower right hand corner of my post!

Posted Image

H4CK3R_0F_M1N3CR4FT
  • Minecraft: FatSheep909

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:14 PM

Can u plz make this skin: http://www.minecraft.../endermanhunter, 3D. It may be possible but IDK. Thank you in advance!
Hi

CorruptedRogue
  • Minecraft: JackDD

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:30 PM

Does anyone know if unchecking any of the options in the skin menu renders ALL skins without that thing, or only your own?
I'm assuming it's the former, but just making sure..
Posted Image
Many thanks to whebzy for this!

lolb01
    lolb01

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 364 posts
  • Minecraft: lolb01

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:50 AM

View PostCorruptedRogue, on 17 January 2014 - 11:30 PM, said:

Does anyone know if unchecking any of the options in the skin menu renders ALL skins without that thing, or only your own?

Guess, but I would think it would be everyone.

Actually, now you mention it it may just be yourself, so you could, for example, have one skin on one layer and one on another, and switch between and show others. I would hope that.

QUOTE ME OR I WILL LIKELY NOT REPLY!

If I helped you in any way, press that green arrow in the lower right hand corner of my post!

Posted Image

TurtleTechy

Posted 18 January 2014 - 03:08 AM

View Postlolb01, on 17 January 2014 - 10:06 PM, said:

My skin looks much better after all the time I spent making little changes and testing it in game (lab cloak thing moved to outer layer). I hope people leave all the layers on, because ATM my placeholder under layers looks pretty bad and my hat layer needs to be on for a eye thing I [invented? (not seen it anywhere else back when I made it)]). For my first time using paint.net, I think I did the first iteration pretty well (previously used a 3d skin program). This is it with and without extra layers:
Posted Image
Yeah, loads of improvements are needed. I'll do them later or when 3d skin programs are updated. I won't be using the snapshots much, so the mismatched, copied, placeholdered and lines will not really be seen.
If someone turns of hats/legs/jackets ect it turns it off for them only, as long as you don't turn it off then it wont ruin your skin :)

View PostCorruptedRogue, on 17 January 2014 - 11:30 PM, said:

Just your own, everyone has there own options for themselves ;)

Posted Image

SomeoneOverTheRainbow
  • Minecraft: Bailee_14
  • Xbox:-
  • PSN:-

Posted 18 January 2014 - 04:17 AM

Can someone fix my skin? I have plans for it. :)

(I cant post it here for some reason so use a skin stealer program to find it. My IGN is Bailee_14)

Exhelah
    Exhelah

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 04:59 AM

Here's mine!  No longer an Ender Steve, but a combination of HD Steve and Punk Skeleton:

Posted Image

TurtleTechy

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:03 AM

View PostExhelah, on 18 January 2014 - 04:59 AM, said:

Here's mine!  No longer an Ender Steve, but a combination of HD Steve and Punk Skeleton:

Posted Image
NICE! Looks good :)

View PostSomeoneOverTheRainbow, on 18 January 2014 - 04:17 AM, said:

Can someone fix my skin? I have plans for it. Posted Image

(I cant post it here for some reason so use a skin stealer program to find it. My IGN is Bailee_14)
I don't think we can fix it because nothings broken but I tried making it 1.8 and it failed because i dont know what to make 3D :/

Posted Image

Exhelah
    Exhelah

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:07 AM

View PostSomeoneOverTheRainbow, on 18 January 2014 - 04:17 AM, said:

Can someone fix my skin? I have plans for it. Posted Image

Here.  This may be extremely broken, so if it is please let me know.  I couldn't find a use for the three pixels in the corner; you'll have to figure that out on your own.  THIS DOES NOT HAVE ANY 3D EFFECTS; It just fixes your current skin to the 1.8 texture sheet.

Posted Image

SomeoneOverTheRainbow
  • Minecraft: Bailee_14
  • Xbox:-
  • PSN:-

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:39 AM

View PostExhelah, on 18 January 2014 - 05:07 AM, said:

Here.  This may be extremely broken, so if it is please let me know.  I couldn't find a use for the three pixels in the corner; you'll have to figure that out on your own.  THIS DOES NOT HAVE ANY 3D EFFECTS; It just fixes your current skin to the 1.8 texture sheet.

Posted Image
thanks, just wanted independent arms + legs (i.e. left is separate to right), the arms aren't symmetrical tho.

TurtleTechy

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:43 AM

View PostSomeoneOverTheRainbow, on 18 January 2014 - 05:39 AM, said:

thanks, just wanted independent arms + legs (i.e. left is separate to right)
Look at the link I posted in the first post and ll = left leg rl = right leg ect.

Posted Image