fspsyco
    fspsyco

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 604 posts
  • Minecraft: fspsyco
  • Xbox:fs psyco

Posted 29 March 2011 - 01:54 AM

well i've been going along the beach and i only find it in small quantity's and i'm wandering if there's any better place to find it
No matter how right you think you are there will always be some one standing by to correct you.

Register or log in to remove.

Hatchet18

Posted 29 March 2011 - 02:05 AM

You're doing it right, look along the shoreline. Clay is the rarest natural block and only shows up in small patches.

A tip would be to use (or edit) a texture pack that makes clay stand out more.

GretchenMC

Posted 29 March 2011 - 02:16 AM

yeah you can spot it in shallow water sometimes if you can tell it's a part of the sand of a different color.  Also may find some if you're stripping a sand island for sand and sandstone.

fspsyco
    fspsyco

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 604 posts
  • Minecraft: fspsyco
  • Xbox:fs psyco

Posted 29 March 2011 - 03:18 AM

funny i found some bigger deposits after i read your comments lol i only need it to make bricks so i can make my house and i found out brick is stronger then cobblestone :SSSS:
No matter how right you think you are there will always be some one standing by to correct you.

PachZorter

Posted 29 March 2011 - 03:31 AM

I'm not completely sure of this, but I have never found clay unless it was completely surrounded by sand. That might be helpful. It helps me somewhat.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Unit7
    Unit7

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1026 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 04:08 AM

All of my clay has been found on beaches near water.

What I'd suggest is downloading Minutor. It's a mapping program that allows you a view of your world. Not only that but you can also look at your world layer by layer(making finding diamonds or dungeons easy if you so want)

What you can also do and this makes finding anything easier is by altering the color scheme. You can set up different color schemes for different things. What you will want to do is change the Clay to something more obvious. Like Red.  Then you can look for red around your map. You will need the whatever code/whatever it is called for Red. Which I believe is this:  FF0000

The forums color font actually uses all of them. Just find the color you want and insert it in for clay.

But this might be considered 'cheating' but I like to think of it as my avatar stumbling on a map with clay marked. :obsidian:

But aside from roaming your beaches looking for clay or downloading a texture pack that makes it more obvious it's pretty much all you can do.

Well I mean aside from just saying screw it and edit caly into your inventory. lol

Zancie
    Zancie

Portal Expert

• Members
  • 5308 posts
  • Location: Stalking. You. Just kidding, I'm stalking that person.
  • Minecraft: Zancie

Posted 29 March 2011 - 04:27 AM

Take a boat go along the shoreline, it's faster than walking.
Pig's run from me, for I am THE PIG TAMER!

azzanine
    azzanine

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1551 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 04:32 AM

You do know everyone gets a randomized map save for those few people who use saves and seeds. We can't tell you where the best place to find it is because our worlds are different.
Just making sure you know.

If you can't find any clay on the coastlines you might just be SOL... Sorry.

BC_Programming
  • Minecraft: BC_Programming

Posted 29 March 2011 - 05:54 AM

In every single world I've generated- and the SMP worlds I've played on, when I needed clay I would just build a boat and sail out and keep my eyes peeled. I never had a problem of not having enough clay for rather large buildings. Although I did monopolize all the clay within a few hundred blocks of the village we built :)

Just a few hours ago when I was playing my single player world I actually found some clay in the middle of a desert, which was rather unexpected.