Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Conveyor belt Item Mod

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

DJ-Sandman
  • Minecraft: sandman-ivan

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:43 AM

so i had this idea, what about a Conveyor belt Item.
Posted Image(sorry not good at pixel art. XD

Originally it came to me when i was thinking about how water is are main method of transporting mobs in a mob farm.

This is a simple Mob/Player/Item Moving device. its the size of a 1/2 block :stone:, if there is another Conveyor belt next to it it will become one long belt. Now there are some rules for it I'm trying to think of but i cant choose.

1.Redstone power: ether make the red stone power it On/Off, or change its direction.

2.Corner: should i make it where it can turn directions, if i do this it it screws up the Redstone Change Directions.

3. Right click to change or just how you lay the block down sets the direction.

anyway as for crafting it frankly it would be easy if i had rubber (from Plastic/IndustralCraft Mod) but since i am wanting this to be the only item. i would say the crafting would be.
:D  :D  :Furnace:
:stone:  :stone:  :stone:
:Furnace:  :Water:  :stone:
:stone: = Redstone

Iron can be used instead of rubber.

Conveyor belt can:
-go up and down
-speed your movement (when facing the direction its going)
-Slow your movement (when facing the other direction)

one of my goals is to make it where any items that gets dropped on it will get dropped into a chest if the Conveyor belt touches it. :D

give me your opinion, and I'm looking for anyone into making this mod =3
Im a minecraft brony XD

Register or log in to remove.

TheJayrius

Posted 29 March 2011 - 01:01 AM

wow this is actually a great idea for a mob spawner...perhaps make it smp abled so that you can set up a lava trap with it this sounds awesome!!
Posted Image
Posted Image

DJ-Sandman

Posted 29 March 2011 - 01:19 AM

TheJayrius said:

wow this is actually a great idea for a mob spawner...perhaps make it smp abled so that you can set up a lava trap with it this sounds awesome!!

thanks man =3

i need to find a coder who will help me with this. but we will see about a SMP.
Im a minecraft brony XD

Haxman12
  • Minecraft: TheHaxman2

Posted 29 March 2011 - 05:00 AM

DJ-Sandman said:

i need to find a coder who will help me with this. but we will see about a SMP.
I could make this! its actually easy. If you want this, you can PM me and we will talk :Diamond:

-haxman12

Posted Image

ThreadedIron

Posted 07 April 2011 - 03:08 PM

Soooooooooo....
Hows the mod coming along?
Are you guys actually making it?
'Cause if you are, Ill definitely be the first person to download it! Heres just a little something to encourage your work: :D  :wood:   :wood:
Posted Image

Posted Image

DJ-Sandman

Posted 07 April 2011 - 04:43 PM

ThreadedIron said:

Soooooooooo....
Hows the mod coming along?
Are you guys actually making it?
'Cause if you are, Ill definitely be the first person to download it! Heres just a little something to encourage your work: :Black:  :Black:   :Black:

unfortunately i have yet to work on it...the guy who said he would help hasn't talked with me much about it.
Im a minecraft brony XD

WiseEvilEmu

Posted 05 June 2011 - 06:28 PM

I would definately be interested in downloading this... there has been countless times that i thought "damn, i wish i had a conveyer belt"
Posted Image

MineMapper
    MineMapper

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1073 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 06:50 PM

so this is a idea for a assambly line?
Water is the same
http://www.minecraft...__fromsearch__1
click for delicious cookies

WiseEvilEmu

Posted 05 June 2011 - 07:17 PM

View PostMineMapper, on 05 June 2011 - 06:50 PM, said:

so this is a idea for a assambly line?
Water is the same

water accomplishes the same thing... but you have to drop one level every 7 blocks, which isnt a big deal most of the time, but in tight spaces it could prove useful...

possibly even faster than water, i think it has alot of potential
Posted Image

BeastGamer
  • Minecraft: pivotgamer84

Posted 05 June 2011 - 10:48 PM

View PostDJ-Sandman, on 29 March 2011 - 12:43 AM, said:

so i had this idea, what about a Conveyor belt Item.
Posted Image(sorry not good at pixel art. XD

Originally it came to me when i was thinking about how water is are main method of transporting mobs in a mob farm.

This is a simple Mob/Player/Item Moving device. its the size of a 1/2 block :stone:, if there is another Conveyor belt next to it it will become one long belt. Now there are some rules for it I'm trying to think of but i cant choose.

1.Redstone power: ether make the red stone power it On/Off, or change its direction.

2.Corner: should i make it where it can turn directions, if i do this it it screws up the Redstone Change Directions.

anyway as for crafting it frankly it would be easy if i had rubber (from Plastic/IndustralCraft Mod) but since i am wanting this to be the only item. i would say the crafting would be.
:D  :D  :Furnace:
:stone:  :stone:  :stone:
:Furnace:  :Water:  :stone:
:stone: = Redstone

Iron can be used instead of rubber.

Conveyor belt can:
-go up and down
-speed your movement (when facing the direction its going)
-Slow your movement (when facing the other direction)

one of my goals is to make it where any items that gets dropped on it will get dropped into a chest if the Conveyor belt touches it. :D

give me your opinion, and I'm looking for anyone into making this mod =3

I've been trying to make a conveyor belt block, and have no luck. I'm going to look at someone else's code, or continue with trial and error.
Posted Image

Hydrox6
    Hydrox6

Carpenter

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 06:09 PM

View PostWiseEvilEmu, on 05 June 2011 - 06:28 PM, said:

I would definately be interested in downloading this... there has been countless times that i thought "damn, i wish i had a conveyer belt"
same here mate, so i thought of putting this in my custom WIP mod, then couldn't even get a modified arrow to fire =/

CIATWD
    CIATWD

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 165 posts
  • Minecraft: Kyokomint

Posted 04 July 2011 - 06:40 PM

Use buildcraft w/ pipes...

AnonymousJohn

Posted 05 July 2011 - 04:19 AM

It's funny, I was recently thinking of just this same idea (hadn't seen your thread, but it looks like it has been around for a while); it'd be like the next Piston mod if done correctly. Unfortunately, I'm preoccupied with updating my Redstone simulator, so I can't offer my services as a coder at this time. I'd love to do this when I get a chance, though!
AJ's Thread O' Links! -- A thread of links to my projects, other supported projects, approved ideas, etc.
Posted Image

Iaeyan_Elyuex

Posted 05 July 2011 - 04:54 AM

View PostDJ-Sandman, on 29 March 2011 - 12:43 AM, said:

1: You could make a control button or a lever specifically for it. Put a redstone line connected to a lever or other input device that when toggled would switch the direction. This may cause problems when someone tries to make a "floor" out of conveyor belts, so you'd have to implement some kind of path system to keep the belts from compounding.
2: If you use the above method, you should be able to lay them in a path so they would only interact with the next one in the chain.
3: I think I've made this obvious by now.
It might work, it might not. It makes sense to me.
Posted Image
"Gotta blast!" ~Spongebob Squarepants

BeastGamer
  • Minecraft: pivotgamer84

Posted 05 July 2011 - 05:34 AM

View PostCIATWD, on 04 July 2011 - 06:40 PM, said:

Use buildcraft w/ pipes...
To move mobs and players? Read the whole post before saying something.
Posted Image

sosselars

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:50 AM

doesnt buildcraft work in that way? with the pipes and all
Posted Image

Silver€

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:57 AM

Try MineFactory. There is also a conveyor belt but it only work with items.
MineFactory
My English isn't that good but my German is better. ;)