scokeev9
    scokeev9

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2678 posts
  • Minecraft: coaxke90

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:19 AM

POPULAR

If you like any of my mods, please give me a +1 rating on this thread! Thank you!

Scokeev9's Modding News

>>-->ScotTools v14.1, RegenOres v5.0, and Machetes v5.0 updated to Minecraft  1.3.2
>>-->BiomeColors v3.0 for Minecraft 1.3.1 released. Credit goes to q3hardcore for updating it.
>>-->ScotTools v14.0 for Minecraft 1.3.1 has been posted. Other mods to be updated on an off day or after I buy my new computer. Sorry for the wait!
>>-->ScotTools and ItemSprite API for Minecraft 1.1 updated by Coupon22! Thanks greatly Coupon! Here's the link: http://www.minecraft...ns-mod-updates/
>>-->ItemSpriteAPI 4.0-Forge API 1.2.4 Patch released. Thanks pwnedgod! Here's the link!
>>-->BiomeColors v2.0 released. Added BiomeTallGrass and BiomeVines, which can also be toggled via the config file.
>>-->BiomeColors v1.0 released. It's BiomeWater + BiomeGrass + BiomeLeaves, done correctly (leaves and grass use temperature and humidity to detect color, rather than having specific colors for each biome). There's also a configuration file to turn any of these features off if you don't like them. Enjoy!
>>-->ScotTools - Forge 1.2.3 released. Find it on this thread
>>-->NetherCraft v2.0c released. Quick fix for Glowood Ladders so they are climbable again.
>>-->Happy Holidays! Hope everyone on Minecraft Forums and around the world has a great Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa and New Year's!
>>-->uMods is my new website. I'll try to start using this site alongside this thread, but I'll probably keep using this thread a little more since I can communicate easily through the forums.
>>-->NetherCraft v2.0b fixes the Imps so they actually appear in-game, instead of being invisible.
>>-->ItemSpriteAPI v4.0 + Forge 1.2.2 Patch has been released by Casper7526! Give him some thanks! Here it is (this mod and my mods *require* Java7): ItemSpriteAPI 4.0 + Forge 1.2.2 Patch. The download link will also be posted in the Downloads section of ItemSpriteAPI.
>>-->ReefMantas v4.1 Bug fix, finally fixing the invisible textures. Sorry it took so long!
>>-->FloatingIslands v3.1 Bug fix for config file. It now will generate (mod_FI.config) with the two options.
>>-->ItemSpriteAPI v4.0 released. A new feature will increase the item-sprite limit from the usual 256, all the way up to 2560 and alters the ModLoader.addOverride method, meaning all ModLoader mods will work with this feature. The MCForge patch has not been updated for this update of ItemSpriteAPI.
>>-->ScotTools SMP updated. Thank you MasterDeity!
>>-->ScotTools and ItemSprite API + Forge Compat. can be found here: MCForge Patches. Thank you pwnedgod!
>>-->NetherCraft v2.0a released. Fixed slime eggs texture when thrown, archers' arrow speed to match skeletons, the lavaboat issue with it sinking in lava, all fuels from NetherCraft now work in netherrack furnaces and stone furnaces, achievements now register, and gloshroom stew should now work correctly.
>>-->RegenOres v4.1 released. Fixed the RegenOre cobblestone and stone so that it drops regular cobblestone.

Important Information
Policy
If you do not read the Common Errors section before reporting any issues, you will NOT get a reply from me. I apologize, but posting 'Read the Common Errors section' is a waste of my time, and your time. Also, if you are entirely certain you did not forget to install a required mod, please include the error in your post. Thank you.

Spoiler:

-----------Table of Contents-----------

NetherCraft v2.0c ----------- 1.0.0
PremiumWood v16.1 ----------
ScotTools API v13.2 ----- 1.3.2
FloatingIslands v3.1 -------
ItemSprite API v4.0 ------- 1.0.0
RegenOres v4.1 ---------- 1.3.2
Auto-Mod v3.1/Stable -------- All Versions
ReefMantas v4.1 ---------------
BiomeColors v3.0 --------------- 1.3.1
Machetes v3.0 ----------------- 1.3.2
BetterWinters v6.0 ------------ 1.0.0
Ray Gun v4.2 ---------------- 1.0.0
Randomite v6.0 ------------- 1.0.0

ScotTools API v14.1 - 1.3.2

Video Demonstration
Video by TheCrazyMineCrafter! Thanks!

Description
This mod enables all tools, especially pickaxes, to mine with the correct block-break speed. Basically, this will fix ores from mods so pickaxes will break the ore quicker with better pickaxes. For example, IndustrialCraft (mod author: Alblaka) adds new ores that take an unreasonable amount of time to break (this is an outdated example; this is prior to MCForge versions of IC) and won't break quicker when you upgrade your pickaxe. ScotTools was made to fix this issue without requiring the modder to use the API. It also includes certain API features pertaining to tools and weapons that would usually cause an incompatibility. This mod is coded to be as compatible, simple, and useful as possible.

For Modders
Please note that using the source code for MCP is not necessary, since you can simply decompile a minecraft.jar with ModLoader and ScotTools installed and it'll remove the class files of ScotTools from being outputted into the reobf folder. If you do use the source code in the src folder, the class files from ScotTools will be outputted into the reobf folder. I ask that you please do not release ScotTools with your mod, and instead, link to this thread for users to download the most up-to-date version. Thank you in advance!

Examples in Spoiler
Spoiler:

ScotTools enables new tools to be created, using custom durability, speed, etc., without editing any class files. All tools, whether vanilla or from a mod, will break blocks from other mods correctly, even if they don't use this API! Also, if your mod adds a new tool into the game that MUST use a custom class file (e.g. ItemSilverPickaxe), you may use my source code with your tools, to give them the same functionality as this API (or you may simply extend ItemPickaxe/ItemSpade/etc without overriding getStrVsBlock). You only need to do this for tools that have special abilites, not for basic tools with custom mining speed and durability, etc. If you have any questions, comments or concerns, feel free to send me a PM.
Next, you can also set a block-harvest requirement, like that of iron ore (it requires stone or higher pickaxes). The harvesting level for blocks can be set up to 6 (diamond pickaxes are 3), so you may add new ores that can only be mined with your tools.
You can also use ScotTools to declare tool classes, similar to the way the EnumToolMaterial class works, but without editing the class. Just simply create a new ToolMaterial variable using the constructor as a guide, or view the examples in the spoiler above. This simplifies the creation of custom tools.

Support Banner
Thanks to Sword_Frog for the banner!
Use this code in your signature:
[url="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/228940-166scokeev9-premiumwood-v131-reefmantas-v05-nethercraft-v18b-6-more/"][img]http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/3488/scottoolsapisignature.png[/img][/url]

Preview
Posted Image

SSP Downloads

Optional - MCForge Patch for ScotTools v13.2 (Outdated)

ScotTools SSP API v14.1 - 1.3.2
Posted Image

ScotTools SSP API Source - 1.3.2
ONLY DOWNLOAD IF YOU ARE A MODDER
Posted Image

SMP Downloads - (For Server hosts or source code)

ScotTools SMP API v13.2 - 1.0.0(Includes Source)
Posted Image

Version History
Spoiler:

ItemSprite API v4.0 - 1.0.0

Description
ItemSpriteAPI greatly increases the item sprite limit from 256 up to 2560 without a mod using the API. Also, it will make the use of ModLoader's 'item sprite overrides' obselete by enabling a modder to create new items.png files. The API is fairly small and only modifies three mostly unused files, ItemRenderer, RenderItem, and TextureFX. Note: This mod may conflict with HD textures. If anyone has made a merged class file, please send me a PM. I will give credit to whomever makes the patch.

Creating Sprite Sheets
To easily create a 'sprite sheet', you may go to this website: http://www.varcade.com/blog/?p=206

Terrain Sprites!
Check out my tutorial for creating a ModLoader mod that does NOT use terrain sprites!
Here's the link: http://goo.gl/MhQGX

Examples for Modders In Spoiler

Spoiler:

Downloads

Optional - MCForge (1.2.2) Patch for ItemSprite API v4.0

ItemSprite API v4.0 - 1.0.0
Posted Image

ItemSprite API v4.0 Source - 1.0.0
Posted Image

Version History
Spoiler:

FloatingIslands v3.1 - 1.0.0

Video Demonstrations

Thank you Pannoscept!

Also, thank you PieDudeAus!

Pictures
Note that rarity of these islands is configurable
Posted Image

Description
FloatingIslands simply makes islands generate in the air. It will actually pull the land up, leaving a crater below. This mod is made by Hogofwar, I just released it for him! Check out his mods here: Hogofwar's Threads

Downloads
ModLoader Required

FloatingIslands v3.1 - 1.0.0
Posted Image

Version History
/*
v3.0 - Config file fixed
v2.0 + v3.0 - Simply updated
v1.0 - Initial release for Beta 1.7.3

RegenOres v5.0 - 1.3.2

Video Explanation and Demonstration
Thank you piedudeaus!

Description
RegenOres has a very basic idea. You break an ore, and it will come back after a while (20-50 minutes, usually). There is a small chance that the ore will completely break, and will not regenerate. This WILL work for added ores (since v2.0 through a config file), and it will work for vanilla ores. The amount of time, though, is completely random, but in general, regeneration takes longer for rare ores. Also, you will get 'Nuggets' of iron and gold, instead of the actual block, so these ores cannot be duplicated for an infinite supply of these materials. You need to smelt these items to use them for tools or armor.
Here is an outline of what happens:
1. A block of cobble will reappear in place of an ore.
2. If you don't see a block of cobble, the source block has run out of ore.
3. At the next stage of regeneration, a block of smooth stone will appear.
4. Finally, the ore will regenerate in place of the old ore block.

Works with ores from mods!
Use the configuration file (/.minecraft/config/RegenOres.cfg) to add mod's ores to be regenerated. These ores will only drop one of the itemID, and will regenerate in about the same time as gold ore. You *must* add the item ID along with the block ID in the same 'slot'. Use the values in the config file that are already there to figure out exactly how to use it. Note: Item IDs are not above 256, they start at 0, so if you use TMI to find the item ID of the item dropped from the mod's ore, be sure to subtract 256 from the item ID.

Pictures
This is the beginning frame, with lots of coal and some redstone.
Posted Image
The cobblestone you see are actually 'source' blocks. Destroy these, and no more ore will reappear.
Posted Image
After a couple of minutes, the ores will begin to 'grow' back!
Posted Image

Version History
Spoiler:

Downloads
ModLoader Required
ScotTools API Required - Thread Link

RegenOres v5.0 - 1.3.2
Posted Image

Auto-Mod v3.1 - All Versions

Video Demonstration
The video was deleted on accident (heh, accidents happen to everyone), so... I guess I'll try to make another video demonstrating the mod installer, unless someone else would like to make a video demonstration/review.

Credits
Volgon8 - Idea and most of the coding
Scokeev9 - Most of the recent coding

Description
Auto-Mod is a small utility that will allow you to install multiple mods or a single mod on Windows computers with one click! Auto-Mod will create a backup of your minecraft.jar file if you specify before modifying the file, and will place this backup in a folder at /.minecraft named /backup(date&time). You may go to this location and simply copy and paste the old minecraft.jar into your /bin folder, overwriting when prompted. You can also uninstall a mod if you have issues in case you forget to back up before installing. Read the "Installation.txt" for more info.

Feature Overview
- No installation of the program, just run from anywhere on you main/system drive (normally C:\)
- Installs mods in two easy steps (put mods in folder, click run)
- Easy, and also two-step, uninstallation of mods, even if they alter core classes
- Includes a quick error-report generator that will help modders and yourself get things fixed
- Installer does not require a compatibility patch; works with 95%+ mods straight from the download!
- And more to come when I think of ideas!

Using Auto-Mod
- Extract the contents from Auto-Mod.zip using 7-Zip or WinRAR to any location on your primary system OS drive (most likely C:\).
- Drag and drop any mod archives (.zip, .rar, etc.) into the Auto-Mod\Mods folder and leave them zipped! Do not extract them! Check the very short "Important_Structure" list below to see if you are about to install any mods that require being in the \Mods\Important_Structure\ folder.
- Simply double-click the Auto-Mod.bat file, and let it run. The first window will exit, and another will open shortly to finish installing the mods. Please do not interrupt this process.
- Open Minecraft and play! No need to delete the META-INF, as this program does this automatically!

Important Structure Mods
Some mods have odd structures that cannot be installed using the normal method. To install mods that are on this list, simply place the mod archive in "\Auto-Mod\Mods\Important_Structure\" and run as usual.
Known Mods:
-AudioMod
-GUI API
-More Trees
Please alert Volgon8 or me if you find mods that do not work through the normal directory, but work in the Important_Structure folder so they may be added to the list.

Downloads
READ THE ABOVE INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING! Thank you.
Made by Volgon8 and Scokeev9
Auto-Mod v3.1 - All Versions of Minecraft
Posted Image

Version History
v3.1 - released with a great new feature: Uninstallation of mods. I realize other mod managers have done this before, but it seems too complex for me. With this, you click a file, 'Delete_Mod.bat', type in the mod you want to delete, and you're done! =D I also added a feature that will install the WorldEdit.jar file from SPC. I'm not too sure what else I can do with this installer, but I'll find something! Bug reports, feedback, and suggestions are all very welcome.

BiomeColors v3.0 - 1.3.1

Video Demonstration
Thanks piedudeaus!

Pictures
This area has a little transition between two biomes, though very subtle.
Posted Image

Here's a picture of a quick transition between biomes.
Posted Image

Description
This mod is a quick remake of the idea by Nandonalt to create biome compliant water, grass, and leaves. This mod does not include the biome colored splash, underwater fog, or rain, but it may be a future goal before Beta 1.7 comes out, most likely with biome compliant water.

Support Banner
[url="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/228940-166scokeev9-premiumwood-v131-reefmantas-v05-nethercraft-v18b-6-more/#water"][img]http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/6738/biomewatersignature.png[/img][/url]

Preview:
Posted Image

Downloads
Doesn't NEED ModLoader, but it is compatible.

Alternate watercolor.png, with much less green.
Download

BiomeColors v3.0 - 1.3.1
Posted Image

Version History
v3.0 - Updated to 1.3.1
v2.0 - Added support for biome tall grass and vines.
v1.0 [NEW] - Added support for biome grass and leaves using the same algorithm as the biome water instead of using specific colors for each biome. This will alter the biome colors of swamps so they look like they did back in the old days.
v4.0 - Updated to 1.0.0
v3.0 - Finally does not require any other mods to work correctly! This should still work with Optimine/Optifog HD, but I have not tested it yet.
v2.0 - Update for Beta 1.7.3
v1.1 - Fixed lava from turning green. Added a different way for users to use the custom water, instead of requiring them to use a texture pack.
v1.0 - Initial Release for Beta 1.6.6

ReefMantas v4.1 - 1.0.0
Credit for the idea and textures goes to Daveyx0. Thanks!

Video Demonstration
(Posted again here in case you didn't see it at the top)
Thanks again TheCrazyMineCrafter!

Pictures
Posted Image
Reef Mantas underwater

Posted Image
Here's a better view of the Mantas above water

Posted Image
Some Manta eggs

Posted Image
Here's a baby Manta (bubbles appear when hungry)

Description
ReefMantas, at the moment, is just a simple mod that adds an extra water creature into the game. v0.2 adds a lot of new features. You can now tame a Manta by right-clicking it while holding a cooked fish. You can also feed it by right-clicking while holding a fish.

Feature Overview
-Mantas spawn randomly in oceans and water
-These creatures come in four different varieties (textures).
-Adult Mantas will drop 1-2 Manta Meat and an egg, while babies will drop only 1 piece of Manta Meat
-Cooked Manta Meat can be used to breathe underwater about 5 times longer than usual (must be used while already underwater. Going above water will reset this)
-Mantas can be tamed using a cooked fish
-After about 10 minutes, Mantas will become hungry, and rise to the surface, jump, and bubble
-Use another cooked fish to feed it again
-You can right-click a tame Manta to mount it and ride it
-You can ride untamed Mantas, but you cannot control them
-Tame Mantas that are adults have the ability to lay eggs
-Right-click a Tame Adult Manta with a piece of Flint to make it stay
-Eggs will start moving after about 4 minutes in the water
-Once an egg hatches, a baby will spawn. You need to feed the Baby Manta for it to grow
-Baby Mantas will become a tame adult after one full MC day. These babies cannot be ridden
-Riding a Manta that is hungry will go about 50% the speed of a full Manta
-Mantas cannot hold a human at the surface of the water for a very long time, and will fall back down to the ocean floor from exhaustion, but will quickly rise back up when told

Support Banner
Use this in your signature! (Made by Sword_Frog! Thanks!)
[url=http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/228940-15-01scokeev9-scottools-api-fix-v40-raygun-v31-6-more/#manta][img]http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/8439/reefmantasgigg.png[/img][/url]

Preview
Posted Image

Downloads

ReefManta v4.1 - 1.0.0
Posted Image

Version History and Bugs
Spoiler:

Machetes v5.0 - 1.3.2

Video Demonstration
Thanks again piedudeaus!

Images
Posted Image
Posted Image

Description
Adds 5 new machetes: Gold, iron, diamond, wood, and stone.
And a special machete: Slime
Machetes can be used to break through leaves, cactus, and cloth very quickly.
These new tools also deal 75% of each sword's damage. I.e. diamond machetes deal about 4 damage, while diamond swords deal about 5 damage.
The slime machete allows for a random chance for a slime ball to drop when used on mobs, and when hitting a slime, there's a chance that 3 slime balls will drop. Great for getting slime balls for sticky pistons. Posted Image

Support Banner
[url="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/228940-166scokeev9-premiumwood-v131-reefmantas-v05-nethercraft-v18b-6-more/"][img]http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/2527/machetesignature.png[/img][/url]

Preview
Posted Image

Downloads

Requires ModLoader & ScotTools
Machetes v5.0 - 1.3.2
Posted Image

BetterWinters v6.0 - 1.0.0

Posted Image

Video Demonstration
Note: This mod should not create any framerate lag, but may lower the speed of the light calculations of each chunk on slower computers, but mostly when it is snowing, not when it isn't.
By TheCrazyMineCrafter! Thank you!

Description
Prevents snow, snow blocks, and ice from melting when a torch is placed nearby.
Makes ice drop ice, and not water
Makes Ice much more transparent than previously
Makes snow "grow" over time while it is snowing. Snow will also "melt," but never completely, to keep the feeling of cold. Instead, snow will decrease in thickness when it is near light, and will increase while snowing
Makes more snowballs drop from snow
Snowballs will deal 1/2 a heart of damage to all mobs
Snowballs will create snow when it hits the ground
Includes property file to change most values
And has an optional "Always Raining" Tweak (check the "optional" folder in the download)

Property File Description
Spoiler:

Looks best with Biome Water!

Support Banner
[url="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/228940-166scokeev9-premiumwood-v131-reefmantas-v05-nethercraft-v18b-6-more/"][img]http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5592/betterwinterssignature.png[/img][/url]

Preview
Posted Image

Downloads

Requires ModLoader
BetterWinters v6.0 - 1.0.0
Posted Image

Version History
Spoiler:

PremiumWood v16.1 - 1.0.0

Video Demonstration of version 12.0
By PieDudeAus! Thank you!

Video showing all of the trees added in PremiumWood by dsmjas. Thanks!

Pictures
Posted Image
Layout of everything since v6.2, with the exception of the Magic tools and machete.
Magic Wood tools have 208 uses (iron is 250, diamond is 1561), 6.5 speed (iron is 6.0, stone is 4.0), can mine Iron and below, and deals 2 hearts of damage (meant to be higher). The leaves on these trees are actually "crying" in a sense as well.
Posted Image
v6.2 Picture above, Maple Trees, sort of orange colored wood, and Silver Bell trees, the one with bright leaves, and of course, Magic trees with a newer more unique texture. The 'weeping' effect has been re-added also.
Posted Image
Here's a picture (above) of the new chests that will mix and match, and don't add new block IDs!
Posted Image
v8.0 Purple Heart Trees. The planks change color over time, as depicted in the above image. The darkest color can be found at the bottom left.
Posted Image
v9.0 Wood-Bordered Glass. Crafted by placing one glass block and a wood plank of your choice.
Posted Image
v10.0 Apple Trees and Golden Apple Trees. v11 - Apple trees do not have apples on all leaves. Also, apples can now be "picked" by right-clicking the apple leaf block. After a little while, the apple will grow back. Only blocks that originally had an apple on it will grow back, so the tree isn't covered in apples. Golden Apple trees will grow a red apple in place of the golden apple to keep things fair. Also, saplings have a 10% chance to grow a golden apple tree instead of a red apple tree.
Posted Image
v12 - Tigerwood Trees (not the golfer).
Posted Image
v13 - Willow Trees. Wish they looked more like they were weeping though.

Posted Image
Misa's Realistic Pack 64x64 by Sword_Frog again. Thank you!

Support Banner
Use this code in your signature!
[url=http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/228940-15-01scokeev9-scottools-api-fix-v40-raygun-v31-6-more/#wood][img]http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/971/signature2v.png[/img][/url]

Preview
Posted Image

Description
This mod fixes the insides of Birch and Pine/Spruce Logs. It also allows crafting of different colored planks from those logs without adding any new block IDs. Also adds six new types of the following (spruce, birch, magicwood, maple, purple heart, and silverbell): Bookshelves, Boats, Crafting Tables, Fences, Planks, Half Blocks (planks and logs), Torches, Doors, Stairs, Chests, and Sticks. A new tree has been added in v4.0: a very rare tree know as the Magic Tree. New tools can be made from this wood, and it's stronger, but slightly less durable than iron (subject to change). v6.0 adds two new trees: Maple and Silver Bell trees. Fairly common, and they're just trees, like the Birch and Spruce trees. v8.0 adds the Purple Heart wood. Uncommon, and has magnificent color-changing planks. v9.0 adds new wood-bordered glass blocks to use. v10.0 adds in Red Apple and Golden Apple trees in the world, though it's wood only makes normal planks, but who uses apple trees for wood? v11 - Apple trees do not have apples on all leaves. Also, apples can now be "picked" by right-clicking the apple leaf block. After a little while, the apple will grow back. Only blocks that originally had an apple on it will grow back, so the tree isn't covered in apples. Golden Apple trees will grow a red apple in place of the golden apple to keep things fair. Also, saplings have a 10% chance to grow a golden apple tree instead of a red apple tree. v11.1 New sapling textures by Zekrom9! Thanks! v12 adds a new "Tiger Wood" tree, and has nothing to do with Tiger Woods, the golfer. v13 adds in Willow trees, which yield forest green planks and items.

!DANGER!
Magic Tree saplings will explode 2/3 of the time instead of growing. Plant these saplings in a safe location away from anything you may care about!
Explosion is not very large: the crater is only about 4-5 blocks wide.
Use extreme care when using bone meal!

Downloads

Requires ModLoader - Thread Link
Requires ScotTools API - Thread Link
Optional HD Texturepacks - Thread Link
Optional "Defined" Texturepack with PW Textures - Thread Link
Optional Patinterly Texturepacks - Thread Link

Main Download

PremiumWood v16.1 - 1.0.0
Read the Common Errors section at the top of this post before reporting bugs! Thank you. Also, the wooden-slabs issue is a known bug.
Posted Image

Version History and Bugs
Spoiler:

NetherCraft v2.0b - 1.0.0

NetherCraft Contents
Description
Pictures and Backgrounds
Videos
Installation Tutorial
List of Blocks and Items
Version History and Bugs
FAQ
Downloads

NetherCraft Wiki, by Death_possum
Thanks to Death_possum, NetherCraft now has its own wiki! Not much is on the wiki (at the time of me typing this), but I hope that other users will contribute in the constructions of this database of information over time, so that the NetherCraft Wiki will become complete in the near future. Visit the Wiki by clicking this link: NetherCraft Wiki. Hoping it turns out awesome!

Linium and Pyridium: Important info!!!
Linium and pyridium tools are now crafted using Ghast Rods. Ghast Rods are crafted by placing one Ghast Bone on top of another Ghast Bone, like you're making sticks. This recipe yields 8 Ghast Rods, since Ghast's Bones are so difficult to obtain.

How to Install NetherCraft!
By TheCrazyMineCrafter! Thank you!

Description
Many sprites for this mod were made by Johndona1245! Thanks much for the help!
This mod will make the Nether 100% survivable, so that you never have to travel back to the Surface to collect items or blocks. All parts of the Glowood Tree are explosion resistant (to a degree), making ghast fireballs hardly a nuisance! Tools, weapons, blocks, trees, sand, glass, minecarts, boats, stairs, almost everything in the Surface world now has its own equivalent in the Nether!
The Nether takes a few MineCraft days at least to acquire lava and make obsidian, so making a portal and travelling to the Nether shouldn't be a break, but should be a greater challenge than the surface, so it's not as boring. The Nether is very similar to a world like the Surface, but always night, and very dark, and hellish, obviously.
The Nether is survivable, but that doesn't mean it's easy!
So don't complain about how difficult it is, and how you've died too many times! This means you just need to try harder and get better at minecraft. This mod doesn't--to any degree--make the Nether so hard that it's impossible to play. Remember: Have fun!

Videos

Nice series by Mattchinima! Thanks!

Great video by CavemanFilms! Thank you! Leave a like on his video so he does more of these episodes!!!

Pictures and Background Info
Thanks goes to chalenged for some of the background info! Thanks! (Edited by me!)

Posted Image
For a real story written by "WayofTime" click the link below.
The Book of the Nether

Legends of the Beginning
Posted Image
In the beginning, there was nothing but Netherrack and Lava, and the other parts of the terrain not mentioned here. Eventually, after a mortal dies, their soul may go down into the Nether if they've done wrong in their life. Most of these souls simply turn in to Soul Sand. All of the souls are constantly pleading to be let out. They will pull anything that walks on it. However, some of the more evil souls turn into Ghasts. Both of these are guardians of the Nether. Ghasts keep out intruders, with the help of the Soul Sand, which slows down the intruders, making Ghasts' horrible aim still deadly. Ghasts feed on souls that are coming into the nether, a small cost for their vital protection.
As you travel through the vast labyrinth of the Nether, vast columns of lava can be seen gushing through the overhanging bedrock. Since the Nether is only slightly similar to the surface world, it sees regular heat and cold flashes ... once every millennium. As the lands of this territory of fire started to reduce in temperature, the pillars of fire started to slow down, and eventually stopped. Over the years, small drops of the original lava flow collected, and conjugated in their respective areas. As each drop pooled on the ceiling, the eternal light that shone in it turned to glass. By the time the Nether started to heat up the environment, great stalactites have formed of a bright yellow glass, illuminating the surrounding landscape. Now, if you brake this glass dust will fall out, showing the vast impurities that the lava held an entire five centuries ago.

A LOT MORE IN THE SPOILER!
Spoiler:

More Pictures
Posted Image
Only a few of the new pictures added in v1.4
Posted Image
Most new tools are here. From left to right: Neridium, Pyridium, and Netherrack
Posted Image
More of the tools. From left to right: Foulite torches/fuel, Glowood, and Glowood Charcoal torches.
Posted Image
New Crafting tables and such, with cool effects!

List of New Items, Blocks, and Mobs:
Spoiler:

Downloads
Uses Block IDs 181-215 and Item IDs 2356-2440
Requires ModLoader - Thread Link
Requires ItemSprite API - Thread Link

Optional - Painterly Pack textures - Thread Link
Optional - MixCraft HD (32x32) textures - Mediafire DL
Optional - Faithful HD (32x32) textures - Mediafire DL
Optional - SimplistiCraft (16x16) textures - Customizer Link
Optional - Flexible Portals - Thread Link

NetherCraft v2.0c - 1.0.0
Posted Image

To download previous versions (for whatever reason):
NetherCraft Folder

Version History and Bugs
Spoiler:

Use this in your sig to support!
[url="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/228940-166scokeev9-premiumwood-v131-reefmantas-v05-nethercraft-v18b-6-more/#neth"][img]http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/3643/nethercraftsignature.png[/img][/url]

Preview of sig:
Posted Image

Ray Gun v6.0 - 1.0.0

Updated video of the Ray Gun!
Thanks TheCrazyMineCrafter!

This is the new Ray Gun. As of version 1.0, Element 115 ore will drop 3-5 pieces of element 115.

Pictures:
Posted Image
New block - Element 115 Ore; Found below 32 height, glows slightly.
Posted Image
New gun - Ray Gun; Kills hostile mobs in 4 hits.
Posted Image
New item - Empty Canister; Used to make Ammo.
Posted Image
New item - Energy Canister; Ammo. When used, you will get back an Empty Canister. You can also craft an Energy Canister by placing Element 115 in the center of the Empty Canister recipe!
Posted Image
When fired.
Posted Image
Tainted Iron. Used to upgrade the Ray Gun and craft Advanced Canisters.
Posted Image
Advanced empty canisters.
Posted Image
How to fill the canisters. Now fits in a 2x2 crafting grid.
Posted Image
Advanced, or "Upgraded" Raygun. Kills hostile mobs in two shots.

Version History and Bugs
Spoiler:

Support Banner
[url="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/228940-166scokeev9-premiumwood-v131-reefmantas-v05-nethercraft-v18b-6-more/"][img]http://img864.imageshack.us/img864/6037/raygunsignature.png[/img][/url]

Preview
Posted Image

Downloads
Requires ModLoader
AudioMod suggested (enables RayGun sounds)

RayGun v6.0 - 1.0.0
Posted Image

Randomite - 1.0.0

Thank you PieDudeAus!

This adds a new ore: Randomite
When broken with a pickaxe, this ore will drop one of these items:
-Iron Ore
-Gold Ore
-Coal
-Diamond
-Redstone Powder
-Egg

Pictures:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Version History
Spoiler:

Support Banner
[url="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/228940-166scokeev9-premiumwood-v131-reefmantas-v05-nethercraft-v18b-6-more/"][img]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/9530/randomitesignature.png[/img][/url]

Preview
Posted Image

Downloads
ModLoader Required
ScotTools API Required - Thread Link
Randomite v6.0 - 1.0.0
Posted Image

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

heavnite
    heavnite

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:24 AM

Video's or no dl.
(Pictures doesn't let us see properly.
Posted Image
Posted Image

scokeev9
    scokeev9

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2678 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:27 AM

heavnite said:

Video's or no dl.
(Pictures doesn't let us see properly.

I can try to get a video tomorrow, but it will be extremely laggy, since I have a slow computer. Right now I'm on my netbook, so definitely can't get a vid.
Posted Image

scokeev9
    scokeev9

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2678 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:47 AM

Added two new mods, 100% gravel, and no more melting!
Posted Image

Dante_Inferno

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:05 AM

Posted Image
Thats the raw file only .class .  oh and it's a bit buggy or you just forgot,  It never drops gravel only flint.  That isn't a big problem but you can't get gravel anymore lol.  :)
Posted ImagePosted Image

scokeev9
    scokeev9

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2678 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 03:03 AM

Dante_Inferno said:

-image snip
Thats the raw file only .class .  oh and it's a bit buggy or you just forgot,  It never drops gravel only flint.  That isn't a big problem but you can't get gravel anymore lol.  :P

That's because it doesn't use modloader, it just edits the gravel block file to change it's drops.
I can make a version that allows for gravel to be dropped, but increases the chance of flint dropping. Will be out shortly.
Posted Image

scokeev9
    scokeev9

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2678 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 03:16 AM

Video for Sonic Wave Generator is live, and 50% Flint has been added. =D
Posted Image

johndona1245

Posted 30 March 2011 - 03:19 AM

im a pixel artist and if you want i can try and make something for you you would need to tell me what you need made though and maybe some colors or not and some basic shape to work with or not i could just wing it all and see what you like:) it would help if i knew what items you need though just let me know and i will get to work on something for you.
I IS HELPING WITH THIS  
Posted Image
    Posted Image

scokeev9
    scokeev9

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2678 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 03:24 AM

johndona1245 said:

im a pixel artist and if you want i can try and make something for you you would need to tell me what you need made though and maybe some colors or not and some basic shape to work with or not i could just wing it all and see what you like:) it would help if i knew what items you need though just let me know and i will get to work on something for you.

If you've ever played CoD Black Ops, then you probably know what the thunder gun looks like. If you could make it resemble that, it would be great. If not, just try and make something alien-ish such as the ray gun from CoD. The sonicw.png is what I really need fixed. The file must have the actual image one space from the right, like it is positioned already, and has to be 256x256, idk why. It's supposed to be a wave of sonic energy, but I can't get transparency to work. I don't exactly care what it looks like, just try and make something that looks like a sonic wave of some sort. If I can get transparency to work, I'll let you know. The sonice.png is supposed to be ammo, but still doesn't look very great, but I just want something similar to what it is already, but larger. Thanks in advance!
Posted Image

johndona1245

Posted 30 March 2011 - 03:32 AM

well i got to classes tomorrow and then i have work on thursday and friday but i will try and have something to you by saturday or sunday ok.

EDIT: forgot to say i know what both of those guns are and may make an version of both
I IS HELPING WITH THIS  
Posted Image
    Posted Image

scokeev9
    scokeev9

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2678 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 04:04 AM

johndona1245 said:

well i got to classes tomorrow and then i have work on thursday and friday but i will try and have something to you by saturday or sunday ok.

EDIT: forgot to say i know what both of those guns are and may make an version of both

Thank you very much! I don't mind waiting, either. It gives me time to work on improving the mod.
Posted Image

scokeev9
    scokeev9

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2678 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 04:09 AM

Updated OP to include future plans and bugs. Please post any suggestions for recipes!
Posted Image

scokeev9
    scokeev9

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2678 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:06 AM

Version 0.2 of Sonic Wave Generator has been released! Fixed the sonic wave to be transparent, rather than completely solid. Item images should be fixed by this weekend. Enjoy!
Posted Image

johndona1245

Posted 31 March 2011 - 03:05 AM

scokeev9 said:

Version 0.2 of Sonic Wave Generator has been released! Fixed the sonic wave to be transparent, rather than completely solid. Item images should be fixed by this weekend. Enjoy!

well i have been really busy but i managed to throw together a 16x ray gun and a bigger ball for the ammo if you want to see i will upload them soon and post the link here this 16x is just to hold you off till later.

EDIT:
Ammo:
http://www.mediafire...19r3i43b1z2bytj
Gun:
http://www.mediafire...avbtr1278d1y6bw

Let me know what you think
I IS HELPING WITH THIS  
Posted Image
    Posted Image

johndona1245

Posted 31 March 2011 - 03:15 AM

Also i noticed you started work on your next mod are you needing a pixel artist for the ore and bar and armor and weapons etc because i could help with that also

EDIT: was bored so i made some tungsten prototypes for you to play with this zipped file contains the ore and four possible swords
http://www.mediafire...9nr201zbx2rj5bd
yes i know when the ore is smelted it wouldnt be that color anymore but i figured we already have silverish tools and weapons
I IS HELPING WITH THIS  
Posted Image
    Posted Image

philboy11
  • Minecraft: philboy11

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:20 AM

Looks like some one is becoming a regular mod  maker. Good luck!

scokeev9
    scokeev9

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2678 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:43 PM

philboy11 said:

Looks like some one is becoming a regular mod  maker. Good luck!

Thank you!
Posted Image

scokeev9
    scokeev9

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2678 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:47 PM

johndona1245 said:

Also i noticed you started work on your next mod are you needing a pixel artist for the ore and bar and armor and weapons etc because i could help with that also

EDIT: was bored so i made some tungsten prototypes for you to play with this zipped file contains the ore and four possible swords
http://www.mediafire...9nr201zbx2rj5bd
yes i know when the ore is smelted it wouldnt be that color anymore but i figured we already have silverish tools and weapons

I probably won't need any images for the tungsten mod, since most items will already be shaped and shaded correctly, so I can use GIMP to recolor the items. I do appreciate the idea for making it that yellow color, instead of silvery, though, so I'll probably use that. Also, the ray gun looks great, and so do the orbs! Thank you!  :Diamond:
Posted Image

scokeev9
    scokeev9

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2678 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:25 PM

Version 0.3 of Sonic Wave Generator now out. Mainly just added new images. Sonic wave size is temporary, until I can get on my computer to get the new codes for the larger, deadlier sonic wave. =D
Posted Image

scokeev9
    scokeev9

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2678 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 01:44 AM

Does anyone know of a good recipe for the ammo? I'm probably going to make the recipe for the ray gun like this:
:Iron:  :(  :Glass:
:Iron:  :Iron:  :Iron:
:Iron:  []  []
:D = New ore

And another version without adding a new ore:
:Iron:  :Yellow:  :Glass:
:Iron:  :Iron:  :Iron:
:Iron:  []  []
:Yellow: = Lightstone dust

How do those sound?
Posted Image