• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.7.2 - SP/MP] Millénaire - NPC village - New: Byzantines (5.2: Stable release for MC 1.7.2)

villages npc trade multiplayer byzantines normans indians japanese mayas

• Please log in to reply
40397 replies to this topic

Varka
    Varka

Redstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 560 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

ALl village signs EVERYWHERE are blank, all chests are unlocked, all NPC interactions give something like:

http://pastie.org/5458485

Probably related to this:

http://pastie.org/5458501

Both of the zip files only contain this string, which appears to be a valid gzip file header:

1F 8B 08 00  00 00 00 00  00 00

And nothing else beyond those 10 bytes.

Register or log in to remove.

Varka
    Varka

Redstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 560 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

I restored those files from last night's backup.  Hopefully that will have no ill effects, but everything is OK now.

sheepmastha

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:29 PM

View Poststevethecreeper529, on 30 November 2012 - 12:01 AM, said:

Yeah, I can't find one anywhere either. Also, it's not just the fort, I think it's when there are no more building goals that my entire village map becomes unbuildable

I tested some and you only have to have much free flat space. if it shows that you have problem on north then you have to flatten north, and sometimes you need raly much space to build somethin.

Varka
    Varka

Redstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 560 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

Has anyone attempted to build Millenaire villages in dimensions other than the standard MC dimensions?  It may be disabled intentionally, but would it be possible to allow us to force-create a village in ANY dimension?

When I try to make a Millenaire village in a Mystcraft or Twilight Forest dimension I get this:

2012-11-30 14:00:05 [INFO] [STDOUT] SRV Error in ConnectionHandler.playerLoggedIn:
2012-11-30 14:00:05 [INFO] [STDOUT] SRV java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.millenaire.common.network.ConnectionHandler.playerLoggedIn(ConnectionHandler.java:6
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.NetworkRegistry.playerLoggedIn(NetworkRegistry.java:167)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.FMLNetworkHandler.handlePlayerLogin(FMLNetworkHandler.java:
at gm.a(ServerConfigurationManager.java:113)
at it.completeConnection(NetLoginHandler.java:169)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.FMLNetworkHandler.handleClientConnection(FMLNetworkHandler.
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.FMLNetworkHandler.onConnectionReceivedFromClient(FMLNetwork
at it.d(NetLoginHandler.java:154)
at it.c(NetLoginHandler.java:56)
at hu.a(ServerListenThread.java:54)
at ht.b(SourceFile:29)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.r(MinecraftServer.java:691)
at ho.r(DedicatedServer.java:252)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:587)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:494)
at fy.run(SourceFile:856)

DoctorIron

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:22 AM

View PostLemonater47, on 30 November 2012 - 09:56 AM, said:

Update your java to the latest verion and you will no longer have that crash report.

Uhh it's a bit old that world. They shouldn't be compatible. It's time to start a new one.

1.4.5 is basically 1.4.4 with lan that works. There wasn't even supposed to be a 1.4.5 so soon. So this forge works http://www.minecraft...pic,3401.0.html

Or just use one of the "unstable" ones, they really are stable just untested.

I tried using the version of forge you have listed in conjunction with Millenaire, but FML breaks on start up because I'm using 1.4.4's forge on 1.4.5.

RooksGambit99

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:59 AM

Anyone getting errors on loading a game or an error that says "Ticking screen"  - remove Optifine, re-run. It should work fine. Latest build of Optifine has a few bugs
"The designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add but when there is nothing left to take away" - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Rytho
    Rytho

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:10 AM

View Postttimm, on 29 November 2012 - 11:23 PM, said:

could you make it so the tree that sadhu is under bigger so it will stand out more and can you acuely find the mysterious Panthéon
Yes you actually can. I have seen it with my own eyes in my own worlds and in videos.

Why did you have trouble finding the sadhu tree? It seems to stand out pretty well to me, but I can see having fog might make this more difficult. By bigger, do you mean taller, or of greater area?
It's not true that my ideas can cause injury, people just implement them wrong.
Posted Image

JAMEK15
    JAMEK15

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:15 AM

So the solution to solve the problem for crashing is to remove the Optifine? I could go on the newly created world but not the world I've played. Every time I tried to get on the saved world I get the msg "Loading World Shutting down internal server" and then the game just crash. Can anyone pls tell me if Optifine really is the problem to this error?

----------------------      

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem; Ticking screen

A full error report has been saved to C:\Users\James\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\crash-reports\crash-2012-12-01_00.14.08-client.txt - Please include a copy of that file (Not this screen!) if you report this crash to anyone; without it, they will not be able to help fix the crash :(

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 9236ae2f --------
Full report at:
C:\Users\James\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\crash-reports\crash-2012-12-01_00.14.08-client.txt
Please show that file to Mojang, NOT just this screen!

Generated 12/1/12 12:14 AM

-- Head --
Stacktrace:
at aym.c(SourceFile:28)

-- Affected screen --
Details:
Screen name: aym
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.l(Minecraft.java:1541)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.J(Minecraft.java:858)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:783)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.4.5
Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1
Java Version: 1.7.0_07, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 408957968 bytes (390 MB) / 667484160 bytes (636 MB) up to 954466304 bytes (910 MB)
JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xms512m -Xmx1024m
AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
Suspicious classes: FML and Forge are installed
IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 3, tallocated: 63
FML: MCP v7.23 FML v4.5.2.459 Minecraft Forge 6.4.0.397 Optifine OptiFine_1.4.5_HD_D3 5 mods loaded, 5 mods active
mcp [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available
FML [Forge Mod Loader] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available
Forge [Minecraft Forge] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available
mod_ReiMinimap [mod_ReiMinimap] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available
Millenaire [Millénaire] (millenaire3.2.6.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available
LWJGL: 2.4.2
OpenGL: Intel® HD Graphics Family GL version 3.0.0 - Build 8.15.10.2353, Intel
Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'forge,fml'
Type: Client (map_client.txt)
Texture Pack: Default
Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
Vec3 Pool Size: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null

java.lang.NullPointerException
--- END ERROR REPORT 28b9f6b4 ----------

Fatacemcafee

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:17 AM

I was wondering, how long does it take to get the highest rank to be able to make my own village that i control, without doing the quests?

Ive been stuck on "One of Us" for a long time, and ive given them a crap ton of stuff and helped out alot too.

RooksGambit99

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:52 AM

View PostJAMEK15, on 01 December 2012 - 05:15 AM, said:

So the solution to solve the problem for crashing is to remove the Optifine? I could go on the newly created world but not the world I've played. Every time I tried to get on the saved world I get the msg "Loading World Shutting down internal server" and then the game just crash. Can anyone pls tell me if Optifine really is the problem to this error?

----------------------   

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem; Ticking screen

A full error report has been saved to C:\Users\James\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\crash-reports\crash-2012-12-01_00.14.08-client.txt - Please include a copy of that file (Not this screen!) if you report this crash to anyone; without it, they will not be able to help fix the crash Posted Image

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 9236ae2f --------
Full report at:
C:\Users\James\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\crash-reports\crash-2012-12-01_00.14.08-client.txt
Please show that file to Mojang, NOT just this screen!

Generated 12/1/12 12:14 AM

-- Head --
Stacktrace:

-- Affected screen --
Details:
Screen name: aym
Stacktrace:

-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.4.5
Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1
Java Version: 1.7.0_07, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 408957968 bytes (390 MB) / 667484160 bytes (636 MB) up to 954466304 bytes (910 MB)
JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xms512m -Xmx1024m
AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
Suspicious classes: FML and Forge are installed
IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 3, tallocated: 63
FML: MCP v7.23 FML v4.5.2.459 Minecraft Forge 6.4.0.397 Optifine OptiFine_1.4.5_HD_D3 5 mods loaded, 5 mods active
mcp [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available
FML [Forge Mod Loader] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available
Forge [Minecraft Forge] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available
mod_ReiMinimap [mod_ReiMinimap] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available
Millenaire [Millénaire] (millenaire3.2.6.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available
LWJGL: 2.4.2
OpenGL: Intel® HD Graphics Family GL version 3.0.0 - Build 8.15.10.2353, Intel
Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'forge,fml'
Type: Client (map_client.txt)
Texture Pack: Default
Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
Vec3 Pool Size: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null

java.lang.NullPointerException
--- END ERROR REPORT 28b9f6b4 ----------

It is. But dont take my word for it. Try it. It's easy to remove Optifine. Simply back up your jar then start fresh, or better yet, try magic launcher. With it you can just uncheck mods to disable them.
"The designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add but when there is nothing left to take away" - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

WolfLord77

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:46 AM

Anyone else having crashes related to the GUI? Can't trade with the villagers. I am using all 1.4.5 stuff and a new map, also lots of mods. When i go to start trading it either crashes when i first click, or as soon as i got to interact with the GUI
Posted Image

JAMEK15
    JAMEK15

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:46 PM

View PostRooksGambit99, on 01 December 2012 - 05:52 AM, said:

It is. But dont take my word for it. Try it. It's easy to remove Optifine. Simply back up your jar then start fresh, or better yet, try magic launcher. With it you can just uncheck mods to disable them.

View PostRooksGambit99, on 01 December 2012 - 05:52 AM, said:

When I use the Magic launcher the only mod that pops up was Millionaire but not Optifine. Can you tell me what I need to do? pls

RooksGambit99

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:02 PM

View PostJAMEK15, on 01 December 2012 - 02:46 PM, said:

When I use the Magic launcher the only mod that pops up was Millionaire but not Optifine. Can you tell me what I need to do? pls

I'm not sure what you mean by 'pops up'. Magic Launcher is pretty easy.

- Put Millenaire in the Minecraft mods folders. It should be the only mod there
- Create another minecraft mods folder on your desktop or somewhere (just not the minecraft mods folder, it has to be different)
- Put forge and optifine (both zipped exactly as their downloaded)

When you launch Magic launcher click setup. You should see Millenaire listed in 'external mods'. Click the add button, browse to forge add it. Repeat for Optifine and any others.

Voila, that's it. Now when you want to toggle a mod off, all you need do is uncheck it in Magic Launcher.

You can also create profiles that load different mods. For example, I have a ModLoader profiler with some of those, and 2 forge profiles - all 3 with different mods. When I feel like a change, it's as simple switching profiles.

Before you start installing - it's always a good idea to start with a fresh MInecraft so you should force update first.

JAMEK15
    JAMEK15

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:26 PM

I actually did it and it really was optifine because when I checked the mod for optifine in magic launcher and loaded the game crash immediately.Thxs for helping me :D

mexifelio

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

View PostFatacemcafee, on 01 December 2012 - 05:17 AM, said:

I was wondering, how long does it take to get the highest rank to be able to make my own village that i control, without doing the quests?

Ive been stuck on "One of Us" for a long time, and ive given them a crap ton of stuff and helped out alot too.

Get a stack of iron and sell it to the village lady, then buy it back and repeat a few times and your status will grow quickly.
Any Mac friends having trouble installing forge on your minecraft_server.jar files? Check out my script that lets you do it easily with one simple click! For more info look here http://www.minecraft...-click-install/

Nuckl3z
    Nuckl3z

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

I think I messed up my villages. I was upgrading from 3.2.5 to 3.2.6, and I misteakenly started the server without the mod installed correctly.  I stopped it as quickly as I could, and added copied over the proper zip file and folders.  The villagers and signs are all back, but all of the locked chests in my Norman village are gone.  Including the one that holds all the resources.  So, all the resources are gone as well as all of the locked chests.  Is there any way to add them back manually?  I've looked around in the .txt and config files that are included with the mod in the mods folder, but I haven't found anything in there that would allow me to add them back.  If I place my own  chests, is there any way to convert them to the chests needed by the mod?  Thanks for the great mod, if only I would follow the upgrade procedure correctly next time.   Make backups of my save first too.  I guess we all learn the hard way at some point.  :)

ashtoin
    ashtoin

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

I CAN FINALLY PLAY SINGLEPLAYER WITHOUT FEELING LONLY
HOORAY

EDIT:dang thats a big download
are you SURE it dosent have any viruses?
at leats its not GigaBytes,since its ONLY mEGAbYTES

Grugsy
    Grugsy

Glowstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 3180 posts
  • Minecraft: Grugsy
  • Xbox:Grugsy

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:30 PM

View Postashtoin, on 01 December 2012 - 08:08 PM, said:

I CAN FINALLY PLAY SINGLEPLAYER WITHOUT FEELING LONLY
HOORAY

EDIT:dang thats a big download
are you SURE it dosent have any viruses?
at leats its not GigaBytes,since its ONLY mEGAbYTES

you are obviously new to the internet.... the size of a file has nothing to do with having viruses or not. dont'cha think if a virus was being  packaged with a mod, we would figure it out and get rid of the mod by now? stop being rude and use your brain.
Posted Image

ashtoin
    ashtoin

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

this is just stupid,i install it like any other FORGE mod and it won't show in my MODS folder (in-game,by otex packs)

SoNick
    SoNick

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:21 PM

View Postashtoin, on 01 December 2012 - 08:33 PM, said:

this is just stupid,i install it like any other FORGE mod and it won't show in my MODS folder (in-game,by options)
Good sir, with that attitude I assure you that the stupidity is on your part; there is a README file included that explains how to properly install the mod.
It has gotten simpler over time and I don't think it can really get any simpler than it is now without breaking functionality
- SoNick