Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.7.2 - SP/MP] Millénaire - NPC village - New: Byzantines (5.2: Stable release for MC 1.7.2)

villages npc trade multiplayer byzantines normans indians japanese mayas

  • Please log in to reply
40360 replies to this topic

#261

caDe
    caDe

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 09:59 AM

I have a question.

A creeper blew up a small chunk of my town hall, and the villagers, despite having the resources to fix it, wouldn't work on it. I patched it back to normal using my own cobble and wood, but now they won't work on the town hall at all. They also have a sign saying a fort is under construction, but absolutely no work has been done on it despite tons of cobble and stone being donated. They seem to be gathering wood, but stalling on building.
Is this normal? Anything I can do?

Do they EVER repair buildings?
0.1.2 village.
Sometimes, when no one is watching..
I dig straight down.

Register or log in to remove.

#262

chancelove09
  • Minecraft: chancelove09

Posted 29 March 2011 - 10:00 AM

How do you use the custom building thing.

#263

Thorinbur

Posted 29 March 2011 - 10:21 AM

Nice mod(Worked for me on ModLoader v5 with a lot of mods (industrial craft, pistons, portalgun, few more). Some thoughts:

1.Pathfiding needs some more work, a lot of time villagers are swirling arond to finally jump to destination (while upgrading buildings for example) and they seam to stuck on corners (sort of like native mobs does).
2.In the folder with building plans there is an svn folder, You might want to remoe it in future releases. I now know your repository adress (still needs auth so i think it is safe, but you get the picture. What is more funny my Tortoise svn indicates that many files are not up to date in repo XD)
3.Had to delete my first world generated using this mod, because village spawned in the middle of the mountain and pathfiding killed my FPS (second village seems to be working well.
4.You might wont to rethink (or at least explain) trading a little cos it took me a while to figure it out.

Overal: Defenately bookmarking and will check back later cos it is good mod already and adds to minecraft one more thing that we all want variety. Keep it up.

Edit, if you would explain the building plans format a little i am sure people would give you plenty fo good designs to use with your mod:)
Posted Image

#264

Levely
    Levely

    Newly Spawned

  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 11:04 AM

Good! Thx

#265

JuiceHead3311

Posted 29 March 2011 - 11:23 AM

Since everyone was having trouble installing it I made a video on how to.
Sp0F03d2fPc

Posted Image


#266

raydeejay

Posted 29 March 2011 - 11:32 AM

First of all, this mod is truly AMAZING. I have hit a minor buggy thingie though:

The two women on the first village I found (the only one for now) spawned inside chests:

Posted Image

#267

Kinniken
    Kinniken

    Ghast Hunter

  • Members
  • 2666 posts
  • Location: Paris, France, EU
  • Minecraft: Kinniken

Posted 29 March 2011 - 11:41 AM

Thorinbur said:

Nice mod(Worked for me on ModLoader v5 with a lot of mods (industrial craft, pistons, portalgun, few more). Some thoughts:

1.Pathfiding needs some more work, a lot of time villagers are swirling arond to finally jump to destination (while upgrading buildings for example) and they seam to stuck on corners (sort of like native mobs does).
2.In the folder with building plans there is an svn folder, You might want to remoe it in future releases. I now know your repository adress (still needs auth so i think it is safe, but you get the picture. What is more funny my Tortoise svn indicates that many files are not up to date in repo XD)
3.Had to delete my first world generated using this mod, because village spawned in the middle of the mountain and pathfiding killed my FPS (second village seems to be working well.
4.You might wont to rethink (or at least explain) trading a little cos it took me a while to figure it out.

Overal: Defenately bookmarking and will check back later cos it is good mod already and adds to minecraft one more thing that we all want variety. Keep it up.

Edit, if you would explain the building plans format a little i am sure people would give you plenty fo good designs to use with your mod:)

1: Both of those are not due to my pathfinding itself, but to its interaction with the built-in entity movement. I'm really not sure of how to fix it to be honest. The "jump" is a workaround I put in place, it's not very elegant but the best I can do for now.
2: Good point, I should indeed have removed that.
3: I have ideas on how to prevent the pathfinding from going mad in difficult areas, I'll see if they help. Also, I'm planning on doing extra checks when generating villages to avoid areas which are too hilly (currently, it simply check there is enough room for the starting buildings, but not that they are reachable one from the other)
4: It's explained in my first post - still confusing you think?

Oh, and I'll publish a small guide on making new buildings soon. It's not very complicated, and in fact I think people should be able to figure it out by looking at a simple building like the fountain, but still :Diamond:
Posted Image
You are welcome to PM-me, but I'm unable to reply to everyone. Vous pouvez m'envoyer un MP, mais je ne peux pas répondre à tous. आप मुझसे संपर्क कर सकते हैं, लेकिन मैं हर मेल का जवाब नहीं दे सकता.

#268

Kinniken
    Kinniken

    Ghast Hunter

  • Members
  • 2666 posts
  • Location: Paris, France, EU
  • Minecraft: Kinniken

Posted 29 March 2011 - 11:43 AM

caDe said:

I have a question.

A creeper blew up a small chunk of my town hall, and the villagers, despite having the resources to fix it, wouldn't work on it. I patched it back to normal using my own cobble and wood, but now they won't work on the town hall at all. They also have a sign saying a fort is under construction, but absolutely no work has been done on it despite tons of cobble and stone being donated. They seem to be gathering wood, but stalling on building.
Is this normal? Anything I can do?

Do they EVER repair buildings?
0.1.2 village.

No, they don't repair buildings, at least not currently. I might add that in the future, don't know. Also, if the explosion destroyed the "master" chest in the Town Hall (the one below the signs), the village is dead. I suppose I should make it as tough as obsidian to ensure it doesn't get destroyed by anything else than the player.
Posted Image
You are welcome to PM-me, but I'm unable to reply to everyone. Vous pouvez m'envoyer un MP, mais je ne peux pas répondre à tous. आप मुझसे संपर्क कर सकते हैं, लेकिन मैं हर मेल का जवाब नहीं दे सकता.

#269

klona
    klona

    Coal Miner

  • Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:07 PM

First thing I must say: Good sir! Your mod is fantastic! Really Awesome! :)

And after roughly reading through from first page to page 10, I found many people really have the intense thirst to pillage innocent village like Viking. xD Well, I guess after having suffered from so many bloody creepers' assault to their home,  so by using this mod, people finally could find some way to let out their emotion which have accumulated for a long time. :3 (No offense, just kidding.)

Please allow me to indicate some compatibility report here:
This mod is not compatible with mine colony in this version 0.1.2 ! To every one, do not try to install them both in your jar, or you would get following situation:

1.There would be houses generated in the worlds, but there would be no NPC spawning.
Posted Image

2. Millénaire's farmer use "Farmer.png", but mine colony's use "farmer.png"; if you installed them both, mine colony's farmer would become transparent like following picture showed.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And once again, thanks for your awesome mod! Good job! :iapprove:  :Diamond:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image


日本の平安を祈ります。

#270

malanius

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:20 PM

Hey, Love this mod so far. it's cool finding little villages and trading with them, especialy cider that comes in handy when exploring.  My only problem is that in the new 1.2 update the villages are a little too numerous.  I started 2 new worlds and in each I am finding a village nearly every 75 blocks.  From the one village I have been trying to expand I can see 4 others with far render distance, which seems a little excessive.

Besides that I am really loving this mod, so keep up the good work.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
By the word of Notch, may Hell lay a curse on thou miner, upon which many creepers shall befall. Ghasts will terrorize thee and destroy thou's hard work.
-Chris The Mushroom

#271

virror
    virror

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:27 PM

A short explanation on how to add buildings would be great, its a bit confusing right now. And i guess there are no way to use materials thats not already used?

Edit: Whats needed most is a list of what letter is what material, and what the parameters in the beginning do.
Posted Image

#272

spiderbait43

Posted 29 March 2011 - 01:02 PM

nice
Posted Image
Posted Image

#273

drewlark99

Posted 29 March 2011 - 01:21 PM

A found a fix for pathing issue

:Flint: Ok first off, close minecraft.
:GP: Open Millenere.txt, and figure out what person(s) are stuck.
:Coal: Delete millenere.txt
:Iron: Open minecraft, go to that world.
:GoldBar: Press Esc to let ground render
:Diamond: Now you should have some non-lag spikes, using that time, move over to the difficult terrain and make it navigational.
:Notch: Your lag should stop as they step into house.
Click!

#274

dinodude7411
  • Location: a place where clowns dance around naked like fairys
  • Minecraft: dinodude7411

Posted 29 March 2011 - 01:23 PM

looks cool might get note:read sig plz
Not much to put here.......
Milk

#275

caDe
    caDe

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 01:27 PM

Kinniken said:

caDe said:

I have a question.

A creeper blew up a small chunk of my town hall, and the villagers, despite having the resources to fix it, wouldn't work on it. I patched it back to normal using my own cobble and wood, but now they won't work on the town hall at all. They also have a sign saying a fort is under construction, but absolutely no work has been done on it despite tons of cobble and stone being donated. They seem to be gathering wood, but stalling on building.
Is this normal? Anything I can do?

Do they EVER repair buildings?
0.1.2 village.

No, they don't repair buildings, at least not currently. I might add that in the future, don't know. Also, if the explosion destroyed the "master" chest in the Town Hall (the one below the signs), the village is dead. I suppose I should make it as tough as obsidian to ensure it doesn't get destroyed by anything else than the player.


It'd be cool if they did but not a necessity.

It didn't destroy any chests, luckily, just some cobble and wood.
Sometimes, when no one is watching..
I dig straight down.

#276

Thorinbur

Posted 29 March 2011 - 01:56 PM

Kinniken said:

Thorinbur said:

1.Pathfiding needs some more work [...]
2.In the folder with building plans there is an svn folder, [...]
3.[...] village spawned in the middle of the mountain and pathfiding killed my FPS[...]
4.[...] rethink (or at least explain) trading a little [...].

[...]

Edit, if you would explain the building plans format a little i am sure people would give you plenty fo good designs to use with your mod:)

1: Both of those are not due to my pathfinding itself, but to its interaction with the built-in entity movement. I'm really not sure of how to fix it to be honest. The "jump" is a workaround I put in place, it's not very elegant but the best I can do for now.
Thats what i thought cos minecraft mobs acts the same.

Kinniken said:

2: Good point, I should indeed have removed that.
:)

Kinniken said:

3: I have ideas on how to prevent the pathfinding from going mad in difficult areas, I'll see if they help. Also, I'm planning on doing extra checks when generating villages to avoid areas which are too hilly (currently, it simply check there is enough room for the starting buildings, but not that they are reachable one from the other)
Good idea maybe make villagers to create some roads between buildings so even when there are some holes in the ground and other obstacle they will create connection. This should also ease pathfiding.

Kinniken said:

4: It's explained in my first post - still confusing you think?
Sorry i was so eager to test it did not fully read it. My mistake. One thing annoying thou is waiting for transfer to end. It's too slow, maybe make it go faster over time (the longer you hold the faster it trades, so it will allow you to both sell small controled ammounts and will decrease waiting time (transfering 1000 cobbestone is boooring).

Kinniken said:

Oh, and I'll publish a small guide on making new buildings soon. It's not very complicated, and in fact I think people should be able to figure it out by looking at a simple building like the fountain, but still ;)

I know it is simple enouth but i dont want to break my save making a mistake.
Posted Image

#277

Aras115
    Aras115

    Iron Miner

  • Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 02:15 PM

bookmarked! this is awesome, you should do updates
Posted Image

#278

Kalzar26
  • Location: Texas, USA

Posted 29 March 2011 - 02:19 PM

Okay, well that was  an intresting incompatibility. Added this mod to some of the others I was running, Industrialcraft 4.0, automatic workbenches, a number of others. One of them is the Ultimate Fist 4.2 I use for clearing large areas to build in. Went to sell some wood to a town and I was paid in Ultimate fist. Which didn't stack. Removing Ultimate fist for now which should fix the problem. Though I may need to start a new world.

Also you might look into something like this for your trade system. viewtopic.php?f=25&t=160891 Think the author has pretty much stopped working on his mods and his sig gives permission to use his code.


Edited to fix a typo.
Edited agian to add a suggestion.

#279

isbak
    isbak

    Out of the Water

  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 02:21 PM

one word, YES!
Posted Image

#280

you2513
    you2513

    Carpenter

  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 02:23 PM

Yet the best mod I ever installed