Note regarding translations: many of them are somewhat out-of-date. Updates would be welcome. In particular, I would like updates to the German, Russian and Spanish versions as they are the most used of the out-of-dates versions, and a translation to Japanese would also be great.
New: Millénaire forums for more in-depth discussions than here:
Millénaire is a single-player mod for Minecraft. It aims to fill the "emptyness" of single-player worlds by adding NPC villages to it, with loose 11th-century Norman, North Indian and Mayans themes and additional cultures planned.
Villages are populated with men, women and children of various kinds, who perform tasks such as trading with the player, expending current buildings or improving existing ones, cultivating crops such as wheat in Norman villages and rice in Indian ones, crafting tools and powerful amulets, etc. As the village expends, the number of villagers increases as couples have children who grow up into new adults.
Help villages grow by trading with them and be rewarded with unique items such as Normand and Indian food or statues and tapestries to decorate your house with. And if they start liking you enough, they might even build you a house of your own.
Millénaire is available in the following languages: French, English, German, Russian, Polish, Spanish, Czech, Swedish, Dutch, Portuguese, Slovenian, Hungarian, Chinese, Arab and Estonian (more coming!)
Download Millénaire on Millenaire.org.
Want to know more first? Check the overview.
New: Byzantine culture! With clay tiles, wine and silk production.
For more information, including a FAQ, known compatibility with other mods, and common install issues, you can check the Millénaire Wiki:
Millénaire Library of user-created content to extend the mod:
Millénaire forum for more in-depth discussions:
Come across small villages while exploring, such as this Norman settlement...
Millénaire review by CGzCinema showing the mod's main features
... or this Japanese one, centred on a rice paddy.
5.1.1 - 16/06/2013
- [All] Small fixes to 5.1
- [Tous] Petits correctifs à la 5.1
5.1.0 - 15/06/2013
- [All] Dialogues for the Indians, with the assistance of The Sun
- [Server & Solo] Fixed a bug duplicating the enchantment of the Byzantine mace
- [Server & Solo] Fixed a bug in the upgrades of Japanese groves
- [All] Fixed small bugs listed on the wiki
- [Tous] Dialogues pour les indiens, avec l'aide de The Sun
- [Server & Solo] Correction d'un bug dupliquant l'enchantement de la masse d'arme byzantine
- [Server & Solo] Correction d'un bug dans les améliorations des bosquets japonais
- [Tous] Correction de petits bugs listés sur la wiki
5.0.0 - 28/05/2013
- [All] New Chapter in the Creation Quest: The Fallen King. Go to see the shaman of a Mayan village to start those missions full of adventures and battles. English translation in part by Jenn.
- [All] Mayan Sacrifices: Mayan shamans can now enchant weapons and armor by sacrificing drops from monsters. This power is unlocked by the The Fallen King quest
- [All] Player-specific quest buildings (such as the anomalies of the Alchemist quest) now only appear in that player's V listing
- [All] New food for the Japanese: the ikayakis (grilled squids). Prepared in a squid farm, this food gives the power to breathe underwater. Sake now gives a jump boost and udons are now ordinary food
- [All] Various bug fixes
- [Customer & Solo] Updated Russian version by Snake Sel
- Not compatible with previous versions in multi-player (both server and clients must be updated)
- [Tous] Nouveau chapitre de la quête de la création: Le Roi Déchu. Allez voir le chamane d'un village maya pour commencer ces missions pleines d'aventures et de combats
- [Tous] Sacrifices mayas: les chamanes mayas peuvent désormais enchanter des armes et armures en sacrifiants les restes de monstres. Ce pouvoir est débloqué par la quête Le Roi Déchu
- [Tous] Les bâtiments de missions spécifiques à un joueur (comme les anomalies de la quête L'Alchimiste) n'apparaissent plus que dans sa liste "V"
- [Tous] Nouvel aliment pour les Japonais: les ikayakis (calmars grillés). Préparé dans un élevage de calmars, cet aliment permet de respirer sous l'eau. Le saké lui donne maintenant un bonus de saut et les udons sont un aliment ordinaire
- [Tous] Corrections de différents bugs
- [Client & Solo] Mise à jour de la version russe par Snake Sel
- Incompatible avec les version précédentes en multi-joueur (le serveur et les clients doivent être mis à jour)
For older releases, check the wiki page: Millénaire Updates
Or discover a mysterious Mayan pyramid, abandoned in the jungle. (Texture pack: Soartex FanVer with Millénaire HD blocks)
Check the FAQ page on the Millénaire wiki: http://millenaire.or...ki/Category:FAQ
- MinerMiah for the Mayan culture (including skins)
- Minepower for the Japanese culture
- Rasseru for the updates to the Japanese culture
- Ticlon for the Byzantine culture and some of the lone buildings
- SMP for all the Indian skins. Great and fast job! Check also his texture pack that includes a full reskinning of Minecraft itself, Millénaire, and many other mods as well!
- johnlmonkey, Razulra, cubex3 and TheDoctorMouse for skins
- Nandonalt and karahan : some buildings
- joeyjam: icons for the Norman armour
- minami26: graphics for the Norman armour and icons for the Norman tools
- The MCP team, without whose work I would not have attempted this mod
- The #risucraft and #mcp-modding channels, and specifically _303, ZeuX and ProfMobius, for saving me a lot of time with timely help
- MineColony and Builders, for inspiration and useful examples of modding Minecraft
Listen to the villagers discussing their job, life or simply the weather.
Making new cultures
Since Millénaire 1.4, the bulk of a new culture can be made without code (not just buildings and village types like before, but new NPCs as well). As such I'm interested in player-made cultures to integrate in the main game, provided they fit the general theme of Millénaire of "real" cultures from around the 11th century. Players interested in producing one for Millénaire should PM-me about it. If we agree on the idea, I'll provide support in the form of help on how to mod Millénaire and in the form of whatever new code might be needed (for new items, blocks or good productions), though likely not with the buildings and NPCs themselves. I reserve the right to change anything I might not like in a culture I'm shipping with the mod itself, but in practice I intend to leave as much of a free hand as possible to culture designers.Contribution welcome, it helps make Millénaire a rich game!
See what they are doing and what they need in the villages' centres.
- There is a lot of content to fill up in the Millénaire Wiki, feel free to help: http://millenaire.org/wiki/
- Female and children sounds
- It would be very useful if people who have been playing for a while could post detailed accounts of how they play Millénaire, what they like/don't like, what their goals are when playing, etc. I need more comprehensive feedback, not just small reactions to individual features.
- New lone buildings: the more different kind of lone buildings (or variations of the same kind), the better. People wanting to do lone buildings in the same style as the existing ones are welcomed. You can post your creation in the thread, preferably with a screenshot. I'll add those I think fit in Millénaire.
Trade with them, to help their villages grow and gain unique blocks, foods and items.
Downloads are available from millenaire.org.
Thread for posters to discuss custom building plans in: http://www.minecraft...f=1039&t=253387
Wiki page with adapted texture packs: http://millenaire.or...i/Texture_Packs
Feel like paying me a cider? . Otherwise, I'm always looking for more SugarSync referrals (similar to DropBox but more generous free quotas). Note that you have to install the app, not just sign-in online, for me to get a quota bump.
See their villages develop in prosperous communities...
For more information, help, known bugs, etc., check the new Millénaire Wiki: http://millenaire.org/wiki/. Feel free to contribute!
...or massive fortresses surrounded by desert.
But be wary in your travels, for hostile bandits and soldiers can be waiting deep in the woods!
Encourage villages to trade with one another, or push them to war and see their men battling while the women and children
And when the pull of adventure becomes too strong, seek out the mysterious Sadhu in the forest to start a great quest on the origins of the world.
Who knows, you might even come across the mysterious Panthéon, the massive structure where the contributors and donors to Millénaire are immortalised.
Signatures by minami26 - now with dynamic version info:
This mod is Copyright (2011) and is my intellectual property. Only minecraftforum.net is allowed to host any of my material without my consent. It may not be placed on any web site or otherwise distributed publicly without advance written permission. Descriptions or other content on the mod (for example, reviews) are allowed as long as the download links provided point to this thread or to the Millénaire Wiki. Works derived from this mod in any significant way, for instance by re-using the mod's source code, are forbidden without written permission.