• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

hennith
    hennith

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 02:32 PM

I have a server running on a second tower and it has been working great until the last 24 hours. Lately I cannot log into the server, and get a error message of " connection refused: connect error".  

I rechecked my IP, had the right one, I rechecked port forwarding, the port is open according the port forwarding check website, and I even see the website's IP on my server.log file, but I don't see myself or anyone else trying to connect.

Totally puzzled.... any suggestions?

Register or log in to remove.

rch
    rch

Minecraft.cm

• Members
  • 4104 posts
  • Minecraft: rch

Posted 27 March 2011 - 02:42 PM

You're trying to connect with the internal or external IP?

What's changed in the 24 hours? Did you restart the computer?
Have you checked the firewalls on the router/tower?
Did the internal IP of the tower change?
Did you add anything to the server or is it vanilla?

hennith
    hennith

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 03:00 PM

Connecting with the external IP.
Haven't changed anything in the last 24 hours.
I don't think the internal IP changed, as port forwarding still works correctly.
It's the vanilla MC server.

rch
    rch

Minecraft.cm

• Members
  • 4104 posts
  • Minecraft: rch

Posted 27 March 2011 - 03:14 PM

Why are you connecting with the external IP if its on the same network?
Try connecting with the local IP..

Again, have you checked that there aren't any firewalls or antivirus software running on the server computer?

If you aren't seeing any attempted connections from players in the server log then either port forwarding isn't properly working or something is blocking certain incoming connections, either on the server computer itself, the router or your modem.

hennith
    hennith

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 04:27 PM

I'm using the external IP since I have friends that connect to the server as well.

I disabled the ubuntu firewall and had the same problem. I don't have any antivirus installed on the tower.

I still have no clue what's going on....

Hotcakes_

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:43 PM

You're not the only one with this problem, hennith.  My vanilla server has been out of commission for a week due to this.  There doesn't appear to be a solution, except run a non-vanilla server maybe.

karasandra

Posted 27 March 2011 - 10:43 PM

Same here after the last minecraft patch my server decided that it would not allow any one to connect to it even me. When i go to connect it doesn't even register it on the server as trying to log into it. It was working perfectly fine before then help pls.

edit.
I am using Mcadmin

stonebringer

Posted 27 March 2011 - 10:57 PM

As rch says, there is most likely something not related to minecraft that is giving you this problem.

Checklist:
1. Restart the computer and router (it's a cheap, but often magical way of getting problems solved) :Notch:
2. Check the internal IP, even if it shouldnt have changed, there's no guarantee it didnt anyway.
3. make sure that the IP field in server.properties is blank
4. The port forwarding, kinda goes hand in hand with the internal IP. make sure it's correct. or even redo it. Delete the old rule, and do it again. routers can bug too.
5. Security software. remember that if you're on windows, and shut down your firewall (unless you only have the windows firewall), the windows firewall tends to kick in. so you might need to shut that one down aswell after you deactivated the other firewall (if any) while testing.

Can't come up with much else to try right now.

hennith
    hennith

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:56 AM

Well, I don't know what fixed it, but it's working. The power went off for a while here, and when I started everything back up, it worked just fine.

So I guess the lesson here, is if your MC server doesn't work, wait for a thunderstorm to knock your power out and you'll be good.....

Thanks for all the advice!

Hotcakes_

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:44 AM

I've done the restart thing.  I've done everything on that checklist and then some.  I am sad.

Hotcakes_

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:09 AM

Magically working here too, now.