Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minecraft 1.7.4 won't launch. Please help.

help me

  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1

THE_Ferret42

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:30 AM

My Minecraft 1.7.4 does not want to launch. It will open for a breif second then go back to the play screen. If you could help me that'd be very much appreciated. I've played the game before But I'm completely clueless on how to fix it.
Spoiler:


Register or log in to remove.

#2

A_Herb
    A_Herb

    Void Walker

  • Members
  • 1517 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:09 AM

View PostTHE_Ferret42, on 27 December 2013 - 02:30 AM, said:

My Minecraft 1.7.4 does not want to launch. It will open for a breif second then go back to the play screen. If you could help me that'd be very much appreciated. I've played the game before But I'm completely clueless on how to fix it.
    Card name: Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family

That's a very old graphics processor (2005, ref) and can't play the current version.
---
If I helped a bit, please click the little Posted Image or Posted Image thingy on my post, to give me 'reputation'. Thanks!

#3

THE_Ferret42

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:35 PM

View PostA_Herb, on 27 December 2013 - 03:09 AM, said:

That's a very old graphics processor (2005, ref) and can't play the current version.

Is there anyway to play it without buying a new graphic card?

#4

A_Herb
    A_Herb

    Void Walker

  • Members
  • 1517 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:45 PM

View PostTHE_Ferret42, on 27 December 2013 - 05:35 PM, said:

Is there anyway to play it without buying a new graphic card?
You could try playing an older version - in the launcher, "edit profile", and choose whichever version you want. I'm not sure which would work; maybe try 1.6.4.
---
If I helped a bit, please click the little Posted Image or Posted Image thingy on my post, to give me 'reputation'. Thanks!

#5

THE_Ferret42

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:11 AM

View PostA_Herb, on 27 December 2013 - 05:45 PM, said:

You could try playing an older version - in the launcher, "edit profile", and choose whichever version you want. I'm not sure which would work; maybe try 1.6.4.
I don't get it because the day I updated to 1.7.4 I was able to play but now as you know it won't launch. I did what you said and it worked. Thank you so much. As a side note it does let me play 1.7.2

#6

A_Herb
    A_Herb

    Void Walker

  • Members
  • 1517 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:26 AM

View PostTHE_Ferret42, on 28 December 2013 - 02:11 AM, said:

I don't get it because the day I updated to 1.7.4 I was able to play but now as you know it won't launch. I did what you said and it worked. Thank you so much. As a side note it does let me play 1.7.2

OK; and thanks for letting me know.

It's all about "OpenGL". Some old cards support the things minecraft uses, and some don't. Sometimes, old cards *tell* minecraft they can do it when they can't.

Newer drivers sometimes help, but the only long-term fix to allow you to play current versions, is to upgrade.

1.7.2 uses fewer calls than 1.7.4 and does work on certain cards/drivers, so that's OK for now. Future versions probably won't though.
---
If I helped a bit, please click the little Posted Image or Posted Image thingy on my post, to give me 'reputation'. Thanks!

#7

THE_Ferret42

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:41 AM

View PostA_Herb, on 28 December 2013 - 02:26 AM, said:

OK; and thanks for letting me know.

It's all about "OpenGL". Some old cards support the things minecraft uses, and some don't. Sometimes, old cards *tell* minecraft they can do it when they can't.

Newer drivers sometimes help, but the only long-term fix to allow you to play current versions, is to upgrade.

1.7.2 uses fewer calls than 1.7.4 and does work on certain cards/drivers, so that's OK for now. Future versions probably won't though.
So there is still no way to play 1.7.4? Could I as you said "tell" it it is able to? I'm sorry to you that probably sounds ridiculous but I am really clueless at what I am doing.

#8

A_Herb
    A_Herb

    Void Walker

  • Members
  • 1517 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:46 AM

View PostTHE_Ferret42, on 28 December 2013 - 02:41 AM, said:

So there is still no way to play 1.7.4? Could I as you said "tell" it it is able to? I'm sorry to you that probably sounds ridiculous but I am really clueless at what I am doing.

As far as I am aware, it is not possible to play 1.7.4 with a Mobile Intel 4 Series Express.

Other helpers might prove me wrong. But still, it'd run pretty damn slow.
---
If I helped a bit, please click the little Posted Image or Posted Image thingy on my post, to give me 'reputation'. Thanks!

#9

THE_Ferret42

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:48 AM

View PostA_Herb, on 28 December 2013 - 02:46 AM, said:

As far as I am aware, it is not possible to play 1.7.4 with a Mobile Intel 4 Series Express.

Other helpers might prove me wrong. But still, it'd run pretty damn slow.
Thank you so much. So if i did want to buy a better graphics card how much would it cost and what one would you recommend?

#10

A_Herb
    A_Herb

    Void Walker

  • Members
  • 1517 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:54 AM

View PostTHE_Ferret42, on 28 December 2013 - 02:48 AM, said:

Thank you so much. So if i did want to buy a better graphics card how much would it cost and what one would you recommend?
It's hard to upgrade a laptop computer. Sometimes impossible.

I wouldn't recommend spending money upgrading a Inspiron 1545 - because even if you can upgrade it, it's still an old machine. instead, I'd save up for a new computer.

If it were a desktop - a graphics card costing from $50 up could handle minecraft. A completely new desktop machine for around $350 can run minecraft at maximum settings.
---
If I helped a bit, please click the little Posted Image or Posted Image thingy on my post, to give me 'reputation'. Thanks!

#11

THE_Ferret42

Posted 28 December 2013 - 04:30 AM

View PostA_Herb, on 28 December 2013 - 02:54 AM, said:

It's hard to upgrade a laptop computer. Sometimes impossible.

I wouldn't recommend spending money upgrading a Inspiron 1545 - because even if you can upgrade it, it's still an old machine. instead, I'd save up for a new computer.

If it were a desktop - a graphics card costing from $50 up could handle minecraft. A completely new desktop machine for around $350 can run minecraft at maximum settings.
Thank you for all the help you have provided.  It really made it alot easier to understand. You are great help. Thanks again