Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Equipment repairing


  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1

Czibor13
    Czibor13

    Out of the Water

  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 05:22 PM

I've seen a few threads about this, but I haven't seen any with my ideas exactly.

There should be a way of repairing equipment with the same piece of equipment(same material and type of equipment). Basicly, I want to be able to combine two pickaxes that are half used up into a brand new pickaxe. Combining two of the same type of equipment, but with different materials could be less effective or impossible. If there are skill levels later on, they could effect how well you are able to combine equipment. I got this idea from playing Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas.

Another way to repair equipment could be a repair hammer, like in Oblivion. Otherwise this could be done on some sort of crafting table with some sort of material, to prevent it from being ported easily and replacing carrying a few of each equipment needed.

Register or log in to remove.

#2

PyroNox
    PyroNox

    Void Walker

  • Members
  • 1907 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 05:25 PM

First idea seems pretty pointless. You've already got the two tools. They're as good separate as combined.

Idea for the hammer (altered from my original idea, which turned out to be just a paraphrase of the OP due to misreading):

Hammer:

Wood hammer: 5 uses worth of durability, adds 5 extra uses to the tool.

Stone: 10 durability, adds 10 uses.

Iron: 15 durability, adds 15 uses.

Diamond: 25 durability, 25 added uses. (extra boost to reflect the major difference between it and iron)


;) :|: :)
:D :|: :Diamond:
[] :|: []

Maybe in conjunction with some new workbench?

:wood: :wood: :wood:
:wood: :Bench: :wood:
:wood: :wood: :wood:

1x1 grid. Place the hammer, place the tool to be repaired, click a "Repair" button. Tool durability increases, hammer decreases. Rinse, repeat.

yoshi9048 said:

If this thread were a girlfriend, it'd do everything but anal.

#3

SOM3GUY
    SOM3GUY

    Lapis Lazuli Collector

  • Members
  • 1065 posts
  • Location: United States
  • Minecraft: SOM3GUY

Posted 25 March 2011 - 05:36 PM

I like this idea more than hammers because you're not just pulling more durability out of thin air.
Posted Image

#4

PyroNox
    PyroNox

    Void Walker

  • Members
  • 1907 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 05:40 PM

SOM3GUY said:

I like this idea more than hammers because you're not just pulling more durability out of thin air.

I fail to see the use of the idea as originally offered but provided possibilities on the repair hammer.

You have two 50% tools, why not just drop both in the hotbar and switch as needed? The only real benefit to the combining solution is a pinch of extra inventory space. In this case, I'd prefer the hammer.

yoshi9048 said:

If this thread were a girlfriend, it'd do everything but anal.

#5

Czibor13
    Czibor13

    Out of the Water

  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 05:44 PM

PyroNox said:

Just combining any couple near-broken tools into a brand new one makes no sense at all.

how does it make no sense at all? You are getting the same usage out of the new equipment as you would have out of the old ones. When I mine I always have a tool that is at least half used when I fill up my inventory. When I go back to mineing then one of my tools is about to break, and it is taking up an inventory slot that another brand new tool could use. I don't just want to throw the tool away because that is a waste.

As to how your guy combines equipment together, idk, maybe he uses duct tape to put them together. It really doesn't matter. Giant, stone, floating castles in this game aren't illogical, and combining tools would be?

#6

PyroNox
    PyroNox

    Void Walker

  • Members
  • 1907 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 05:48 PM

Czibor13 said:

PyroNox said:

Just combining any couple near-broken tools into a brand new one makes no sense at all.

how does it make no sense at all? You are getting the same usage out of the new equipment as you would have out of the old ones. When I mine I always have a tool that is at least half used when I fill up my inventory. When I go back to mineing then one of my tools is about to break, and it is taking up an inventory slot that another brand new tool could use. I don't just want to throw the tool away because that is a waste.

As to how your guy combines equipment together, idk, maybe he uses duct tape to put them together. It really doesn't matter. Giant, stone, floating castles in this game aren't illogical, and combining tools would be?

I misread the post as "Take tools of any durability, get new tool". It's been corrected.

Still, you have two near-broken tools. Just go on and use them up. You'd save a mere pinch of space by combining, it just seems like very little point.

It's a great idea, just not my cup o' tea for Minecraft. I did offer an idea for the repair hammer possibility though. Anyway, said my part. I'm off to thrash the creeper jockey thread. :P

yoshi9048 said:

If this thread were a girlfriend, it'd do everything but anal.