• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Internal Exception: io.netty.handler.timeout.ReadTimeoutException

error internal exception netty timeout handler server multiplayer minecraft io.netty.handler.timeout.read

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

redSK1TTL3

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:22 AM

I receive this error every time I connect to a server. I am able to stay on the server for about 10 seconds but the other people I see on the server are frozen - they don't move.

Furthermore, I don't load a lot of land. Only really one 'chunk' loads. I cant pick up blocks or place them but I can break them and they don't reappear. And I cant use the chat.

If I use a different internet source I am able to connect fine with servers so this seems to be isolated to the WiFi in my house... Please help if you can?

Error:

Register or log in to remove.

A_Herb
    A_Herb

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1517 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:50 AM

View PostredSK1TTL3, on 22 December 2013 - 08:22 AM, said:

I receive this error every time I connect to a server. I am able to stay on the server for about 10 seconds but the other people I see on the server are frozen - they don't move.

Furthermore, I don't load a lot of land. Only really one 'chunk' loads. I cant pick up blocks or place them but I can break them and they don't reappear. And I cant use the chat.

If I use a different internet source I am able to connect fine with servers so this seems to be isolated to the WiFi in my house... Please help if you can?

Error:
It means the connection between your computer and that server is not good enough to play minercraft. Most likely, it's your connection. You could ask your ISP for help - they might be able to test the line.
---
If I helped a bit, please click the little Posted Image or Posted Image thingy on my post, to give me 'reputation'. Thanks!

redSK1TTL3

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:10 AM

View PostA_Herb, on 22 December 2013 - 08:50 AM, said:

It means the connection between your computer and that server is not good enough to play minercraft. Most likely, it's your connection. You could ask your ISP for help - they might be able to test the line.

What is an ISP..? :) and do you know how would I contact them?

A_Herb
    A_Herb

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1517 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:15 AM

View PostredSK1TTL3, on 22 December 2013 - 11:10 AM, said:

What is an ISP..? Posted Image and do you know how would I contact them?

Internet Service Provider. The company that you pay to provide you with your internet connection. Maybe it's also your telephone or TV provider. There should be a support phone number / email on the bills, or just google their name.
---
If I helped a bit, please click the little Posted Image or Posted Image thingy on my post, to give me 'reputation'. Thanks!