• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

Beng934
    Beng934

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:00 PM

Hi so last night I was coming off minecraft with some friends who have vein playing the game since release we had got xp farms and started to gather lots of diamonds I then came off an this morning I load up minecraft and it says corrupt save or famed would you like to delete now this is very frustrating please help!

Register or log in to remove.

Barcelona10

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:06 PM

Had the same thing happen to a friend. We got far in his world, but it got corrupted. And this is in the ps3. So we lost everything unless there is a solution, which I hope there is.

JDizzle39
  • PSN:JDizzle39

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:41 PM

Corrupted saves are lost, unfortunately. The easiest way that I know of to prevent this issue is to only let the game auto-save.

Manually saving the game causes this issue (I believe).

You can edit auto-save times in the options when creating a game or loading a previously saved game.

Once the game auto-saves you can safely log off without having to manually save the game.

You'll probably have to wait a few extra minutes before being able to log off but it will be worth it if your save stops being corrupted :)

Hope this helps!

Electrip
    Electrip

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:10 AM

This is really irritating and annoying seeing as how this has happened over the last TWO patches.

If the people who make the game know of this problem, and haven't fully tested that it's safe to play split screen and manually save, then why would they not put a disclaimer up DISCOURAGING people from manually saving during splitscreen.

After putting in over 12 hours of game-time into TWO DIFFERENT worlds that have been corrupted over TWO  DIFFERENT worlds, it would be nice to see some patch notes or disclaimers that say "We are still encountering problems with split-screen manual saves, for the best results of our product please just allow the game to auto-save itself."

Instead of having numerous customers who've paid $20 buying a product only to have all of their progress and data to be erased over the past week.

Any help/updates/patch notes for the future would be more than welcome by many of your customers for the subject of corrupt file saves.

Thank you for the future help and input: GM's and Dev's.

Akynth
    Akynth

Akinator

• Sectional Moderator
  • 1420 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:16 PM

Please post all discussion of the corrupted save issue to the main thread on this topic: http://www.minecraft...orrupted-saves/ Continually making more threads about it doesn't help; it only makes it harder for 4J to gather information about it.

Thank you.

Locking this thread.
Posted Image

Read my profile for links to my posts about getting more responses & "free" codes, etc.