• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minecraft PS3: Texture Packs?

playstation texturepacks

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Poll: Texture packs on console. (121 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like the idea of texture packs on console?

1. Yes (118 votes [97.52%])

Percentage of vote: 97.52%

2. No (2 votes [1.65%])

Percentage of vote: 1.65%

3. Kindly (1 votes [0.83%])

Percentage of vote: 0.83%

What would be the best way to move these packs?

1. USB Stick (flash drives) (34 votes [28.10%])

Percentage of vote: 28.10%

2. Cloud-like storage (11 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

3. Both (68 votes [56.20%])

Percentage of vote: 56.20%

4. Other (provide ideas) (8 votes [6.61%])

Percentage of vote: 6.61%

Vote Guests cannot vote

firebeastz3ro
  • Minecraft: firebeastz3ro

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:07 AM

Texture packs would be a great addition to the console versions of Minecraft I believe. Instead of having to make micro transactions we could just simply import the packs by flash drives or maybe having a sky file like storage linked directly to your Minecraft game. I would love to receive some feedback on this subject. It would be nice to get this to some of the 4j/Mojang designers.
Rock hard,Rock steady.Perry Central is always ready.First to fight,Last to fall.We are the baddest of them all.Hoorah!
Army Junior ROTC Moto.

Register or log in to remove.

MentalGamingTV

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:55 AM

Texture packs will be available via PSN eventually. We should be getting the same TEXTURE PACKS as Xbox 360. However, Don't place too many bets on Mash-Up packs. We won't EVER be able to transfer PC texture packs due to legal issues, and say a texture pack contains an image of Halo or Dead Rising 3, then the PS3 could get in HUGE trouble with microsoft.
Posted Image

70_X_7
    70_X_7

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:05 AM

View PostMentalGamingTV, on 19 December 2013 - 10:55 AM, said:

Texture packs will be available via PSN eventually. We should be getting the same TEXTURE PACKS as Xbox 360. However, Don't place too many bets on Mash-Up packs. We won't EVER be able to transfer PC texture packs due to legal issues, and say a texture pack contains an image of Halo or Dead Rising 3, then the PS3 could get in HUGE trouble with microsoft.
I doubt that last part. I mean, there's game's like LittleBigPlanet or Modnation Racers that let's you download costumes from Halo for example. I'm no lawyer but I'm guessing there's some statement in there regarding customer created content and IP ownership rights.

But eh, I'm not expecting anything from texture packs except what they decide to sell on PSN. I always use the original texture pack even on PC anyways.

unraisedholy

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:42 PM

There's only two mash-up packs on the xbox360 skyrim and mass effect and they are both on ps anyway and in my favourite is nature texture pack which you should get too.
Great Michael Bay explosions, 3D super exploding particles, big´╗┐ silicon boobs, steroid muscles, plastic faces and no sci-fi that is todays HOLLYWOOD ladies and gentlemen. Trash in 3D!

jonathanbloom

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:26 PM

Excited that the texture pack functionally is in!

Consti2tion

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:00 AM

I'm fairly certain that most of the mash-up packs will be from games that are already Cross-platform and will most likely make an appearance on all of the consoles.

I think the main difference will be in the individual Skin packs. Most of which for the Xbox360 edition contain Microsoft studios games or 3rd Party games that are exclusive to Xbox360.

I would expect the PS3edition to have those skins replaced by characters from God of War, Killzone etc.
Posted Image

firebeastz3ro
  • Minecraft: firebeastz3ro

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:08 AM

A solution to copyright issues on texture packs from PC to console:
They would have something similar to CurseForge for console. They would have designers from 4j or Mojang create packs and have to talk to the game creators (such as Bungie for Halo themed packs,and MM for Little Big Planet packs) to get copyright stuff. These packs would then be loaded onto the CurseForge like client on the cloud-like storage or a client on the USB stick. The console would recognize the packs either from the client or the USB client.
The downside:
People would find ways to put in there own pack by mod.The solution to this would be coding and being able to recognize certain files from the client.

I know I suck at explaining stuff.
Basically:
There is a client for console Minecraft that can recognize only certain packs created by 4j/Mojang people.
Rock hard,Rock steady.Perry Central is always ready.First to fight,Last to fall.We are the baddest of them all.Hoorah!
Army Junior ROTC Moto.

ihatepigmen

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:11 AM

Modern Texture packs. Put them out now!!!!!!!

ChocoCraft

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:21 PM

Now if only they could support higher resolution packs.
A wise person once said: "Offense is never given, only taken."

JailBreakMKTP
  • Minecraft: JailBreakMKTP
  • PSN:JailBreakMKTP

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:38 PM

If only I knew how to place texture packs onto the minecraft playstation edition using a flash drive.

Junokaii
    Junokaii

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1109 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:45 PM

plastic and city came out for me.. I just loaded the city one.
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
Albert Einstein