• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Trying to host a server

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

xK_Marcus

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:44 PM

I think I've done everything correctly, buy when I type in to Direct Connect, "Localhost" to connect to my own server, it give me this error message.

Internal Exception: io.netty.handler.timeout.ReadTimeoutException

Register or log in to remove.

xK_Marcus

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:04 PM

Ok, so I saw that my server was running Minecraft 1.5.2, and my Minecraft is 1.7.4, so I added 1.7.4 after Minecraft_Server in my run.bat file, but now I get an error message saying "error unable to access jarfile minecraft_server.1.7.4.exe"

Obvious why I'm getting this error, but I don't know how else to change my server to run 1.7.4?

ChaosSykoh
  • Minecraft: ChaosSykoh

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:05 PM

View PostxK_Marcus, on 18 December 2013 - 09:44 PM, said:

I think I've done everything correctly, buy when I type in to Direct Connect, "Localhost" to connect to my own server, it give me this error message.

Internal Exception: io.netty.handler.timeout.ReadTimeoutException

Sounds like the issue my bro and I had. I solved the bug. Post your server settings and I will tell you what you need to do

"I can certainly give you the Answer, that is not what worries me, What does worry me, is your inability to understand not only the answer that was given, but your inability to understand the Question in the first place." - ChaosSykoh

"I am here to help anyone who asks, WITHOUT Judgement." - ChaosSykoh

AUsefulWr3nch

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:27 PM

View PostxK_Marcus, on 18 December 2013 - 10:04 PM, said:

Ok, so I saw that my server was running Minecraft 1.5.2, and my Minecraft is 1.7.4, so I added 1.7.4 after Minecraft_Server in my run.bat file, but now I get an error message saying "error unable to access jarfile minecraft_server.1.7.4.exe"

Obvious why I'm getting this error, but I don't know how else to change my server to run 1.7.4?

Did you delete the 1.5.2 version? It would also help if we could see the batch file as well.

xK_Marcus

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:27 PM

View PostChaosSykoh, on 18 December 2013 - 10:05 PM, said:

Sounds like the issue my bro and I had. I solved the bug. Post your server settings and I will tell you what you need to do

I've downloaded and ran the .jar server file rather then .exe and now I can join my own server, but my friend cannot. I checked to see if the required port was open, and it doesn't seem to be, even though I've done what I think is opening it in my router settings. I have a Netgear DGN2200 which seems to have made it especially hard to forward ports.

Now, worryingly, while trying to find my ip info in cmd, typing "ipconfig /all" is resulting in a message saying that it is not a recognised command, and my ip address has changed to a completely different ip, when I just googled "what is my ip"

ChaosSykoh

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:40 PM

View PostxK_Marcus, on 18 December 2013 - 10:27 PM, said:

I've downloaded and ran the .jar server file rather then .exe and now I can join my own server, but my friend cannot. I checked to see if the required port was open, and it doesn't seem to be, even though I've done what I think is opening it in my router settings. I have a Netgear DGN2200 which seems to have made it especially hard to forward ports.

Now, worryingly, while trying to find my ip info in cmd, typing "ipconfig /all" is resulting in a message saying that it is not a recognised command, and my ip address has changed to a completely different ip, when I just googled "what is my ip"

In server properties. Under Server ip  you want your maxhines local ip address put there.
I have a 1.7.4 server exe guide below your thread xheck it out. Worled for us.
also add server to your firewall allowed programs list. Go to whatsmyip.org. and give your friend that ip.
rightclick the server and run as admin
"I can certainly give you the Answer, that is not what worries me, What does worry me, is your inability to understand not only the answer that was given, but your inability to understand the Question in the first place." - ChaosSykoh

AUsefulWr3nch

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:47 PM

View PostChaosSykoh, on 18 December 2013 - 10:40 PM, said:

In server properties. Under Server ip  you want your maxhines local ip address put there.

I thought you that's where the WAN IP belongs. Port-Forwarding is supposed to connect <insert port here> to the IPv4 address.

xK_Marcus

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:56 PM

I'm not using the .exe one anyway, port forwarding is my only problem now I think, I can join the server fine, but friends can't.

This router set-up seems to have gone out of its way to make port forwarding impossible, I'm looking everywhere for solutions, all I've tried haven't worked and an open port tester says the port isn't open anyway.

ChaosSykoh

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:06 PM

View PostAUsefulWr3nch, on 18 December 2013 - 10:47 PM, said:

I thought you that's where the WAN IP belongs. Port-Forwarding is supposed to connect <insert port here> to the IPv4 address.

For the mimecraftserver.1.7.4.exe - its system.properties. where it says server ip= you are going to put your local ip address as such  xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx  <---  the "x"'s are to be your actual local ip address, basically to tell the server. Okay we are going to run online ans from this machine.  And the reason behind port forwarding 25565 it lets the router know to allow outside ips to connect to his server on his pc through that port only, however inorder for players outside the lan network to connect they need his external ip address to put into the server address in order to connect to his server. Otherwise timeouts occcur. Also timeouts failed connects occur when the host doesnt add the server to the firewall allow list and sometimes run as admin fixs too

ChaosSykoh

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:16 PM

View PostxK_Marcus, on 18 December 2013 - 10:56 PM, said:

I'm not using the .exe one anyway, port forwarding is my only problem now I think, I can join the server fine, but friends can't.

This router set-up seems to have gone out of its way to make port forwarding impossible, I'm looking everywhere for solutions, all I've tried haven't worked and an open port tester says the port isn't open anyway.

Try calling your internet provider. They can fix it for you.