The Minecraft PS3 Issue Thread

• Please log in to reply
660 replies to this topic

kaz_bricks
  • Minecraft: kazblox

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:28 AM

The Minecraft PS3 Issue Thread

*POST FINDINGS HERE!*

Moderated by 4JSteve, Representative from 4J Studios, and kazblox, formal Minecraft user

If anyone manages to find a bug, or an explainable oversight, post it here. Post your ways with the code on how to solve it, etc. Like, every other bug topic does. :I

This topic will be ran unless an official atlassian/third party site will be made for the console versions of Minecraft. Then, it will be locked up by the moderators of MC Forum for history. (Posted Image)
  • B - Opening doors empty-handed causes the door sound files to be played twice, while
  • opening doors with an item doesn't - Known Issue
  • B - Chunk Errors - Multiplayer or Singleplayer game?
  • B - Save corruption happening randomly
  • B? - Freezing after accepting Terms of Use on some consoles - Outdated system version, maybe? You're probably trying to play on the original model.
  • B? - Can't do splitscreen - Not seen an issue with this.
  • O - Slow chunk updates when breaking a block, causing to see everything under the world - Happens in singleplayer/multiplayer. Intentional as the game is trying it's best to use available threads to process chunk updates.
  • B - Very few players getting hazardous crash on every world, claiming that half of the screen is purple while the rest is a night sky
  • B (Save Corruption) - If the world can be successfully loaded if it's corrupt, the metadata in your inventory items mess up; eg. diamond pick replaced with iron ore
  • B - Issues with loading/saving worlds while Online and switching to Offline (Vice-Versa)
  • B - Wolves disappearing when tamed?
  • B - If anyone other than Host opens a container (like a chest) with L2 and Square, everybody crashes. Same with spamming Triangle on Enchantment Table.
  • B - When playing on splitscreen, with 2 or more players and one player is doing something active while another one opens a chest or something like with a pop-up screen, like Crafting interface; the other player FPS goes to 0 for a moment, the lag is very noticeable. -Dozniak This issue also happens on XBOX 360 version. Not much to say but this probably involves streaming a buggy instance (programmer stuff).
Charting Key‚Äč
B = Bug
O = Oversight

Corrupt Save issues

We are currently looking for more information regarding the Corrupted save issue, If you are seeing this could you upload the save to http://www.mediafire.com/

Latest updates:

• Update V1.03 is finally released everywhere! Lotsa and lotsa bugfixes.
  • The NTSC sound output bug has been finally fixed! Claimed from a person who has a fully NTSC console, name is: OmgLolOmgLol
  • Wow. Almost all of the most recent (1-3 hours away or so) topics have been told to be redirected to this thread! You rock, mods!
  • V1.02 finally releases in North America! Goodie goodies for GuudeBoulderfist and his gamer legion, alright?
  • V1.02 was released in west-eastern regions today! Fixes chat-tandem bugs and much more!
  • 4J lists my thread as official! YAY! https://twitter.com/...414563539705856
  • 4J Studios is on holiday break! Truth to be told to be back in january.
  • 4JStudios have returned from Break!

Register or log in to remove.

RemoteSenses

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:32 AM

Voice chat isn't working.

EDIT: nevermind, voicechat is now working...

TheNeoReaper

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:10 AM

Can't invite friends.

J_L_K_64
    J_L_K_64

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:24 AM

don't know if it's just me or what, but all sounds made (mining stone, ores, etc) all seem too quiet, i have the game sounds at 100% and my tv at a fairly high level, so i don't think it was on my end

JJ_Maxx
    JJ_Maxx

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:48 AM

I'm not hearing the 'popping' noise when I pick up things. The sfx that sounds like bubbles when you pick up a ton of stuff. I also hate the fact that the menu sound is the damage sounds.

MentalGamingTV

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:09 AM

Music is high pitched! and there are many chunk errors
Posted Image

4JSteve
    4JSteve

Redstone Miner

• 4JStudios
  • 571 posts
  • Xbox:WizzyT
  • PSN:ThaWizzyT

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:22 AM

View PostMentalGamingTV, on 18 December 2013 - 09:09 AM, said:

Music is high pitched! and there are many chunk errors

Are you seeing this issue in Single or Multiplayer?
Twitter - @4JSteve

KX71
    KX71

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:33 AM

When walking you can move at different speeds depending on how far you move the joystick except when strafing to the right. I can only move at full speed nothing slower, same problem when using the cursor in the inventory/craft menus. Tested on multiple controllers.

MentalGamingTV

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:06 AM

View Post4JSteve, on 18 December 2013 - 09:22 AM, said:

Are you seeing this issue in Single or Multiplayer?

Singleplayer for both! Also, playing the american version on my PAL Console and the audio seems to be quite low for mining blocks! :/
Posted Image

RemoteSenses

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:17 AM

Alright, so voice chat originally wasn't working, then it started working, but it's still bugged.

For me, if one friend joins my game, voice chat doesn't work. If a 3rd person joins, it suddenly starts working again.

If anyone leaves the game, voice chat cuts out completely, also. Weird bug that really needs to get fixed ASAP because honestly, the voice quality is ridiculously good in this game when it's working.

4JSteve
    4JSteve

Redstone Miner

• 4JStudios
  • 571 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:24 AM

View PostRemoteSenses, on 18 December 2013 - 11:17 AM, said:

Alright, so voice chat originally wasn't working, then it started working, but it's still bugged.

For me, if one friend joins my game, voice chat doesn't work. If a 3rd person joins, it suddenly starts working again.

If anyone leaves the game, voice chat cuts out completely, also. Weird bug that really needs to get fixed ASAP because honestly, the voice quality is ridiculously good in this game when it's working.

We are looking into that just now :).
Twitter - @4JSteve

ptnoel0
    ptnoel0

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:48 PM

I have noticed that the game is glichy when you build a fence around livestock. They will appear to get out of the enclosed area and when you walk up to them they snap back to the fenced in area.

kaz_bricks

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:26 PM

What the... I think I messed up the topic while trying to correct a mod typo. Someone good with PHP here?

4JSteve
    4JSteve

Redstone Miner

• 4JStudios
  • 571 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:32 PM

View Postkaz_bricks, on 18 December 2013 - 01:26 PM, said:

What the... I think I messed up the topic while trying to correct a mod typo. Someone good with PHP here?

Fixed :)
Twitter - @4JSteve

kaz_bricks

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:35 PM

View Postkaz_bricks, on 18 December 2013 - 01:26 PM, said:

Fixed it by going to Full Editor. Forum issue.

View Post4JSteve, on 18 December 2013 - 01:32 PM, said:

Fixed Posted Image

Well, I found a way just exactly a second before you fixed it. So it counts pretty much as useless.

View Postkaz_bricks, on 18 December 2013 - 01:34 PM, said:

Fixed it by going to Full Editor. Forum issue.

Well, I found a way just exactly a second before you fixed it. So it counts pretty much as useless.

Nope wait, I think that was really you who fixed it.

Eh, just say it's fixed now, no long chat about this.

kaz_bricks

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:50 PM

Ok, back to Bugs/Oversights! Sometimes my fps drops while looking around the scenery. Is this normal?

View Postptnoel0, on 18 December 2013 - 12:48 PM, said:

I have noticed that the game is glichy when you build a fence around livestock. They will appear to get out of the enclosed area and when you walk up to them they snap back to the fenced in area.

Server-side issue when the server is trying to calculate where the mobs should go. Completely normal out of the ordinary.

AstralFox

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:32 PM

Issue - Can't invite friends, or accept friend invites.

Error message - Connection failed. Connection to the server was lost.

Cause/happens when - When a session is on invite only.

This has been posted elsewhere and in the OP too, but nobody mentioned that it only happens on invite only. Me and a friend tried with and without the setting enabled, but could only join the session when it was disabled (open session).

JJ_Maxx
    JJ_Maxx

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:58 PM

I set the music to 0, and when I loaded my world, the music was playing full blast. When I moved the slider from 0 to 1, it went away again.

I have a really lousy wireless connection that drops PSN every five minutes and the game completely crashes when the connection is dropped. I've been playing it in offline mode instead.

Also, in multiplayer, if a creeper is chasing someone are they supposed to ignore all other players? Is that part of their AI?

...and I saw an enderman today, stared right at him and he ignored me.

Starvd2Death
  • PSN:starvdarmy

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:52 PM

Bugs i have found (am playing on demo)

Items do not make a sound when picked up.
Mobs spawn in well lit areas (3-4 torches in a 10x5 space)
Actual gameplay volume is well too low (even with TV on full and music on 0)
Bad FPS (FPS means frames per second)(around 20-30fps)
Frequent lagspikes (when your fps drops to like 1fps for a few seconds)
Water looks weird (wrong colour, looks really bright, i have gamma on default by the way)

But i guess these are all just day one bugs.
Hi! My name is starvd and i'm british! I play MCPS3 and host a survival RP server!
You can find me on the Bethesda Softwork Forums under the name of: starvdarmy

HiroVechter
  • Minecraft: HiroVechter
  • PSN:Disturbed42889

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:56 PM

Idk if it is just me, but I have come across invisible trees, I would suddenly stop moving, then start swinging my axe, & there would be a tree there.

Posted Image