• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

aperture
    aperture

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:56 PM

Forgotten for years, lost in time, until now...
Presenting:

Jurassic Park:The Map

Looks like we aren't just doing Portal :(

After the lysine contingency was put into effect the dinosaurs of jurassic park died out, or so they thought. You return to the lost island and seek to turn to power on before emerging to the lost park. View all the famous sites and a view old inhabitants. And enjoy.
(Note: This map does not use any mods for dinosaurs just models of some. It is created more as a tribute to some great films ;D)

This is another map we've made, but this time we decided to base it around the movies Jurassic Park. It features seven tests at the start of the map, followed by a scenic tour of the island with multiple iconic scenes from the movies recreated in minecraft.

Pleasy note this plane mod is highly recomended for the end!

DOWNLOAD IT NOW!

Installation Guide
1) Download it
2) Unzip it and get the file called "world"
3) Paste it into your save files located at C:\Users\(YOUR USER NAME)\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft
4) And Enjoy!

The Rules
1) Play on peaceful unless told different, this is to stop any unwanted mobs from spawning as it is quite a friendly escape map
2) Don't place or break blocks, only use items provided
3) Follow what the signs says
4) And have fun!

Here are a few screenshots:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And here is the Trailer!
IAye09I2v9k

Here is a nice video of someone playing through a section of our map, I am sure they will add the rest later!
87TSH9bGiGg

We hope you enjoy our newest map!
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Noelen
    Noelen

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • Minecraft: Noelen

Posted 22 March 2011 - 10:00 PM

Why does this map have no replies? this looks awesome! I will post a feedback when I start playing it. also just as a little suggestion, maybe you could make an alternate map and a custom dinosaur mod for it. I just think that would be cool

edit- Cool map. when I finished I was a bit dissapointed but then saw there was more and explored for almost half an hour.
GOOD MAP U GET :)  :D  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :stone:  :Diamond:  :stone:  :stone:  :stone:  :stone:

Posted Image

jxshua
    jxshua

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 10:02 PM

Hi, I love the map idea, I will play it now =D

Edit: (To come *will be review*)
Posted Image

Sparkey989 said:

ACTING LIKE AN IDIOT AND SPELLING LIKE A RETARDED BOX OF FISHING WIRE

Posted Image

aperture
    aperture

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 10:03 PM

Well, it has no replies as the thread has only just been created, but, thanks for the support :Black:

We were going to use the dinosaur mod, but it would have been hard to incorporate into the map what with random spawnings, we cannot make our own due to the fact none of us can code yet :Black:
Posted Image

icuttu
    icuttu

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 10:10 PM

Looks really awesome, I'll be sure to try it out later today.

0Figment0
  • Minecraft: 0Figment0

Posted 22 March 2011 - 11:09 PM

Just got done playing your map. Very well put together. The Jacko Lantern Parachuter was a nice touch, as was the RV over the side of the cliff. (I'd have made the cliff higher personally.. But it's your map :SSSS:
The only beef I had was there wasn't really much of a challenge. The spawner was a nice touch (Trying not to give too much away) but all in all there were only 3 real puzzles.

Overall, a nicely made map though. Perhaps in the future, you could try and turn it into a full blown adventure map?
Posted Image

cjkonecnik

Posted 22 March 2011 - 11:56 PM

This is incredible. You really put some work into this and it really does show!  :D of this simple escape map. :D

stuntdude
  • Minecraft: stuntddude

Posted 23 March 2011 - 02:21 AM

I'm totally lost at the outside part of the map. Does anyone know how to get to the next part?

View PostOmegaLambda, on 18 January 2012 - 10:40 PM, said:

With science, evidence comes before explanation. With religion, explanation comes before evidence.

aperture
    aperture

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 07:52 AM

I must admit, it is quite a short map compared to our portal map, if you want more of a challenge, go Here
Posted Image

Celebtalkwithdavid

Posted 23 March 2011 - 08:17 AM

just started and the lever things already annoying me but ill continue!! then review it :Diamond:

pissed me off a bit(cheated) and was short and didnt have much coolness, but i see you have put time into this so i give it a 7/10. :Sheep:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:
youtube.com/CelebTalkWithDavid. check me out please ill be posting minecraft vids soon, and i can advertise anyones who wants me to.

icuttu
    icuttu

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 08:45 AM

Really fun and original map, well done. I climbed the T-Rex :(

darkheart1

Posted 23 March 2011 - 09:52 AM

I hate you. Use a download like like dl.dropbox (idk the whole website name) but i use a computer that blocks media sharing and download sharing websites... except dl.dropbox ones. I WANT THIS MAP SO BAD!
*starwars intro* Me: Huh? A lightsabre on the ground? mine >:)

aperture
    aperture

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 08:11 PM

Updated with another video :D

Thanks for the feedback guys, we may release this onto other download sites for all you awkward people :D
Posted Image

aperture
    aperture

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 05:33 PM

Just to let you guys know, if you want more of a challenge, try our...

PORTAL ESCAPE MAP!

Clcik Here to View It!
Posted Image

Tiramo
    Tiramo

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 969 posts
  • Minecraft: Tiramo

Posted 25 March 2011 - 07:06 PM

I kinda wonder... Did you ''stole'' the idea from my map with which I stopped because Jurassicraft didn't update?
Censorship is telling a man he can't eat steak, just because a baby can't chew it.

aperture
    aperture

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 10:17 PM

Tiramo said:

I kinda wonder... Did you ''stole'' the idea from my map with which I stopped because Jurassicraft didn't update?

We could say the same about your portal map, seeing as ours was the first on the forums :GoldBar:
But no, we didn't steal any ideas. It was an idea a team member had one evening.
Posted Image

bokucharmander

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:44 PM

this is fun lol

FastDeathbycat

Posted 27 March 2011 - 09:37 PM

I destroyed all of your repeaters... the lag was killing me.

Natanos
    Natanos

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 05:20 AM

The map was quite fun. At the end, is there anything else to see after the terminal?

BalefirePhoenix

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:36 AM

A small and nice map. I had fun setting the T-Rex on fire with flint n steel =)
But the items you give people to craft a plane are not enough even for a plane crafting bench, so I had to hack myself a biplane. Could you fix that?
“What world do you live in? Out here in the real world, blood flows, little pony. Blood flows...”