Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Out dated client


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1

daddymCfatsack

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:33 PM

Ok, so iv been trying to get onto a server my friend made and its not working, when i try it says i have a Out dated client, iv asked around and people say its because i have a pirated minecraft but i dont, i bought and payed through minecraft.net, whats the problem?

Register or log in to remove.

#2

rch
    rch

    Minecraft.cm

  • Members
  • 4104 posts
  • Location: Florida
  • Minecraft: rch

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:34 PM

Download the most recent version of Minecraft from www.minecraft.net/download.jsp

#3

zombiemann
    zombiemann

    Redstone Miner

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 594 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:35 PM

go to your start button and type in %appdata% then go into the minecraft folder listed and delete everything but the saves folder.  Then launch minecraft and it will download the most up to date version
zombiecraft.serverbeer.com - Permissions enabled home server, focusing on big builds

See what we are building here: http://zombiecraft.servebeer.com

#4

daddymCfatsack

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:45 PM

zombiemann said:

go to your start button and type in %appdata% then go into the minecraft folder listed and delete everything but the saves folder.  Then launch minecraft and it will download the most up to date version
didnt work

#5

endofzero

Posted 22 March 2011 - 10:07 PM

daddymCfatsack said:

zombiemann said:

go to your start button and type in %appdata% then go into the minecraft folder listed and delete everything but the saves folder.  Then launch minecraft and it will download the most up to date version
didnt work


Wow... so informative. That gives us a lot to work from.Is the server you are connecting to updated? Have you tried any other server?

I bet your friend hasn't updated the server software... tell them to get their shit together.
MC Sheller - Automated Shell Script git - MC Log Parser - Hub

Lulz

MoonBeans said:

As far as I've heard, Sk89q is a virus. Not sure though!

#6

daddymCfatsack

Posted 22 March 2011 - 10:34 PM

endofzero said:

daddymCfatsack said:

zombiemann said:

go to your start button and type in %appdata% then go into the minecraft folder listed and delete everything but the saves folder.  Then launch minecraft and it will download the most up to date version
didnt work


Wow... so informative. That gives us a lot to work from.Is the server you are connecting to updated? Have you tried any other server?

I bet your friend hasn't updated the server software... tell them to get their shit together.
iv tryed other ones to, didnt work

#7

rch
    rch

    Minecraft.cm

  • Members
  • 4104 posts
  • Location: Florida
  • Minecraft: rch

Posted 22 March 2011 - 10:41 PM

rch said:

Download the most recent version of Minecraft from http://www.minecraft.net/download.jsp


#8

johnj50
    johnj50

    Out of the Water

  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:35 PM

i am getting this error also...

I have just switched from using the mincraft server thing to the .bat file by bukkit and i try to log into my own server using localhost and this happens.

#9

rch
    rch

    Minecraft.cm

  • Members
  • 4104 posts
  • Location: Florida
  • Minecraft: rch

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:39 PM

Make sure your Minecraft game client is updated to the latest version as well as the server files..

It's the same issue as was posted in this thread and the same answers apply.

#10

daddymCfatsack

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:51 PM

rch said:

Make sure your Minecraft game client is updated to the latest version as well as the server files..

It's the same issue as was posted in this thread and the same answers apply.
how do i do that, i think i know how but just wanna make sure i dont leave anything out

#11

rch
    rch

    Minecraft.cm

  • Members
  • 4104 posts
  • Location: Florida
  • Minecraft: rch

Posted 28 March 2011 - 07:10 PM

rch said:

rch said:

Download the most recent version of Minecraft  from http://www.minecraft.net/download.jsp

^

#12

daddymCfatsack

Posted 28 March 2011 - 07:20 PM

rch said:

rch said:

rch said:

Download the most recent version of Minecraft  from http://www.minecraft.net/download.jsp

^
iv already done that, all that changed was the login layout

#13

rch
    rch

    Minecraft.cm

  • Members
  • 4104 posts
  • Location: Florida
  • Minecraft: rch

Posted 28 March 2011 - 07:23 PM

Right, so you now have the newest version of the client.. so then you download the newest version of the server on the same page... Minecraft_server.exe - Run it and connect to your server.. done deal.