• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Drascoll
    Drascoll

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 03:10 PM

IF ANYONE WANTS to Take over this Project Please PM me because I have no interested in continuing it. But I know people want updates of this.

UPDATED THIS TEXTUR PACK FOR 1.5_01, I didn't add any new artwork I just sampled the power rails from another 32x texture pack. I don't have the time to work on this project but a few people where asking for an update so I did what was needed to make it work. I did not Update the 64x version. And I sugest you use the Latest Version of the HD textur patcher that you can find here

download the Update of HD Gerudoku texture pack Here:
1.5_01: <!-- m -->http://www.mediafire...roteqfbtvyvepmx<!-- m -->

3p4P33MUXNc

there are a few alternates that you can use if you want something that is even more authentic. Just copy/past them into the terrain.png file included if you like them:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Original post:
Hi everyone, This is a pet project i've been working on. I have updated the gerudoku textures to 126x126. This is not to replace the gerudoku texture pack which is amazing and one of my favorite texture packs for minecraft. But just to offer an alternative to the other HD textures out there. I am trying to stay as true as possible to the original geruDoku textures that I love so much but this abandons the 16bit feel of the geruDoku textures for a clean and smooth look. I feel the texture pack still has a lot of work before it's 100% satisfactory. There are still remnants of the minecraft4kids textures that I altered to make this also many of the textures have not been entiery updated to my liking but I want to get feed back on the pack so here it is. I hope you enjoy and I'll be posting updates when I refine the texture pack. If anyone feels up to helping out on this project feel free.

aejtDicspvk

Posted Image Posted Image

Old version 1.3_1:
128x128
<!-- m -->http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EMFMYIXI<!-- m -->
64x64
<!-- m -->http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3BSU8S3K<!-- m -->

For more information on installing HD texture packs pleas see:
[update 5/1][BetterGrass] MCPatcher HD fix 2.0.1

and:
Guide for using Custom Textures
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.minecraft...t=15786</a><!-- l -->

BTW I asked if it was cool to remake the Gerudoku textur pack in HD:
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.minecraft...3217250</a><!-- l -->

the one texture from micraft4kids that still exist in the textur pack is the zombie pigman. This is not intentional. I will be replacing this. and all the textures will eventually be entirely remade.
Posted Image
Check out my texture pack

Register or log in to remove.

lordemperor

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:07 PM

This actually looks really good.

You are a master of upscaling.

Jeb > Notch

lethales

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:54 PM

wow THATS cool.
its awesome !
Hey guys could you please click the link ? Thanks really much ;) http://www.mspointsc....com/?i=1609778

Drascoll
    Drascoll

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:04 PM

thanks
Posted Image

kruxx
    kruxx

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:11 PM

tried to use it but it gave me some stupid GL error :VV:

EDIT**

im a retard and forgot to switch it to default texture. should work now lol

EDIT**2

wow it works fine and it looks amazing. i was wanting a 64x64 or 128 version of gerudokus as i think its the best pack. maybe 128 is too much detail but either way it looks epic so keep at it m8

Posted Image

Posted Image

Drascoll
    Drascoll

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 10:27 PM

kruxx said:

maybe 128 is too much detail

well I had the texture reduced to 64x and it looked almost as good. So I don't necessarily need to keep this pack at 128x. But for now I'm going to work at 128x and maybe when I have it more refined I'll make a 64x version. But for me I didn't see much of an improvement in frame rate when comparing 128x vs 64x so I'm working with the higher ppi just because its easier. However I also am considering starting work a purely new/unique 16x or 32x textur pack just for street cred... Also I want to make new skins for all the mobs including the mo creatures mod. Because I have yet to see a texture pack that supports that amazing mod.
Posted Image

Scaipy
    Scaipy

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 12:57 PM

That's amazing Dras  :SSSS:
Great texture packs to check out: Jolicraft 16x, SummerFields 32x, Dokucraft 32x
Posted Image

kruxx
    kruxx

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 03:55 PM

Drascoll said:

kruxx said:

maybe 128 is too much detail

well I had the texture reduced to 64x and it looked almost as good. So I don't necessarily need to keep this pack at 128x. But for now I'm going to work at 128x and maybe when I have it more refined I'll make a 64x version. But for me I didn't see much of an improvement in frame rate when comparing 128x vs 64x so I'm working with the higher ppi just because its easier. However I also am considering starting work a purely new/unique 16x or 32x textur pack just for street cred... Also I want to make new skins for all the mobs including the mo creatures mod. Because I have yet to see a texture pack that supports that amazing mod.
cool man look forward to it :Sheep: i dont mean i dont like it at 128 but it takes the RPG feel away from it at 128 whereas 64 it would still be pixely but also HD. the 32 bit pack is just too fuzzy but again its amazing :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

punisama
    punisama

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 07:03 PM

wow! a really good up scale of Doku

only one request adding bump mapping suport would be win  :D  :D

Drascoll
    Drascoll

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 09:20 PM

punisama said:

adding bump mapping suport would be win

I understand the concept of bump mapping but I don't know how to make one myself atm. It may be simple to do, or very complicated. I have no idea. But I wouldn't mind doing this when I have some free time. I'll have to consult my good friend google. I've used the GLSL shaders and I do love them. But I'm unsure as if bump mapping would look good with this textur pack. We will see, and if anyone knows there way around 3d effects and wants to jump in and put together the files needed to make this suport bump mapping then feel free.
Posted Image

punisama
    punisama

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 12:12 AM

I tried to make the terrain_nh.png with paint.net but failed

there are directions for using photoshop posted on http://www.minecraft...8043&start=1410

I have shades that work for other 128x packs so if u are in need of those I can supply them
- they have waving vegetation
- curved world
- parallax occlusion
- specular mapping
- bloom and DOF

Schleprock

Posted 24 March 2011 - 03:01 AM

Not a fan of the way the ores and stone, cobble, and mossy look. I'd prefer them to look more like the original. The rest of it looks awesome though.

Drascoll
    Drascoll

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 03:57 AM

Schleprock said:

Not a fan of the way the ores and stone, cobble, and mossy look. I'd prefer them to look more like the original. The rest of it looks awesome though.

Yea, I've gotten a little lazy with them and do plan of fixed the ores and mossy stone. But I don't plan on making more changes to the cobble stone or smooth stone because I like them. But I will post alternatives for them (as well as side grass) that are closer to the originals so if your inclined to edit the .png file yourself you can just copypasta the alternates. BTW I just downloaded the biomes for rock and water and they look great, if there is a simple way to include them in the texture pack I'll post them in my next update.

As for the bitmaping and specular occlusion jazz. I think I'll pass on messing with them for now until I have a better understanding of how they work. I would have no way of testing them anyway because my graphics card is not supported for anti aliasing w/ the glsl shaders mod.  :D
Posted Image

Grugsy
    Grugsy

Glowstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 3180 posts
  • Minecraft: Grugsy
  • Xbox:Grugsy

Posted 24 March 2011 - 04:21 AM

punisama said:

I tried to make the terrain_nh.png with paint.net but failed

there are directions for using photoshop posted on http://www.minecraft...8043&start=1410

I have shades that work for other 128x packs so if u are in need of those I can supply them
- they have waving vegetation
- curved world
- parallax occlusion
- specular mapping
- bloom and DOF

use gimp.. there are a couple of really nice plugins that make it pretty simple. free photoshop...cant beat it! lol
Posted Image

Ventus
    Ventus

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 994 posts
  • Minecraft: Ventus

Posted 24 March 2011 - 05:08 AM

Looks good so far, reminds me of Bropaint in a way.
Posted Image

Thy Fear
    Thy Fear

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 05:25 AM

This is an amazing texture pack. Nice work.

Elite6809 said:

If you read anything on Notch's twitter, append this text before it:
"I might"
and append this after the text:
"if I can be bothered"

Drascoll
    Drascoll

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:28 PM

Ventus said:

Looks good so far, reminds me of Bropaint in a way.

Funny you say that, because it seems as thought Bropaint is doing something HD with the traditional textures integrity in mind. Where I'm kind of doing the same thing w/ Doku. I like Bropaint so... thank you :)
Posted Image

Aaaboy97
    Aaaboy97

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:30 PM

I'll stick to the 32x32. My graphics card is crap.
Creepers + Lightning = Boom

Drascoll
    Drascoll

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 11:42 PM

so would something like this work for the GLSL shaders? Or is this wrong?

Posted Image
Posted Image

punisama
    punisama

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 11:53 PM

I will test it out

Edit:
I did not have any luck using it, all blocks remained flat and it just caused some odd graphical glitches.
http://img20.imagesh...0324202735.png/
also the other bump maps I use have red and green in their terrain_nh.png where yours is just blue. I wish I could be more help but I have little knowledge on creating bump maps but I enjoy using them :(