• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[REQ] A texture pack creator program

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

WillFrost

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:23 PM

Does anyone know if there is any program which you can use to create texture packs.

In other words, a program which allows you to edit the minecraft textures, and keeps the transparacy, and tells you what you are drawing on, e.g. this bit here [] is wood, and this bit [] is cobblestone
Frosty
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Register or log in to remove.

mtgtopdeck

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:26 PM

Just use photoshop and name your layers

Timsontheguy

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:58 PM

All you really need is winrar. Then open the jar file and your set.

AppleBoy153

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:16 PM

I know this is a pointless post because, No I do not know of that program, it would be neat though. Great Idea!
But this is a post to the two above, Read the post. Apparently he doesn't want to do that, like a lot of us. HE just wants a simple program. Clearly states it above in the Post.

-Christopher
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Thano9
    Thano9

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • Minecraft: Thano9

Posted 22 March 2011 - 01:42 AM

U could use paint.net which is free and simple

thecheeseblewup

Posted 23 March 2011 - 05:12 PM

use this website there is a few options but if you want really good texture pack use photoshop or some other photo editing program the website is http://painterlypack.net/ :)

flashbang941

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:52 AM

use paint.net its free :SSSS:
Posted Image

KottonJaw

Posted 28 April 2011 - 06:42 AM

this terrain.psd file is made in/for photoshop i took the original terrain.png and have sepperated and labled each block

terrain.psd - DOWNLOAD HERE
http://www.mediafire...346iz7gcghd0y8z

PROOF
Posted Image

Mod edit: Don't link to illegal stuffz.

FrozenOrange
  • Minecraft: Kipras9

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:40 PM

I can't do a program but i will make a texture pack of original textures. You will need to change them. (just draw on them by yourself).
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
FrozenOrange  aka FrozeN9 aka Kipras9 :P. FrozeN9 uses for everything.Kipras9 my old nick that sometimes i mistake and do Kipras9 (damn, did that on minecraft).FrozenOrange for forums :P

FrozenOrange

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:47 PM

http://www.easy-shar...914998020/Blank minecraft texture pack.zip
Here. PM is doesn't work.Rename zip archive for texture pack name and In pack "pack.txt" change whatever you want. Like made by me and something like that.Just put in same texture pack folder.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
FrozenOrange  aka FrozeN9 aka Kipras9 :P. FrozeN9 uses for everything.Kipras9 my old nick that sometimes i mistake and do Kipras9 (damn, did that on minecraft).FrozenOrange for forums :P

KottonJaw

Posted 28 April 2011 - 03:11 PM

FrozenOrange said:

I can't do a program but i will make a texture pack of original textures. You will need to change them. (just draw on them by yourself).

thats the stupidest thing i ever heard, he already has the original textures in his .jar he just doesnt know what the textures are cause they arent labled

FrozenOrange

Posted 29 April 2011 - 05:32 PM

KottonJaw said:

FrozenOrange said:

thats the stupidest thing i ever heard, he already has the original textures in his .jar he just doesnt know what the textures are cause they arent labled

Yea..But i made it easier to make a texture pack...Plus explained. Maybe not everyone know how to make texture pack.And they save their time as well .So think before saying...
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

redpois0n
    redpois0n

Stone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 88 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 03:48 PM

dude, im coding a program thats makes the pack.zip file automatically.
That could be useful.
Check out my posts.

I may release it soon

crymsonnite
  • Minecraft: Crymsonnite

Posted 30 April 2011 - 11:11 PM

I think what he is asking for is the kind of thing I want, a program that shows what part is what, like for the armor and mobs, what part is what exactly? I would love a program that rendered it out while you were editing like skinedit

redpois0n
    redpois0n

Stone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 88 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 06:18 PM

viewtopic.php?f=1022&t=325061&p=4488453#p4488453

I will add texture pack item preview later, like in skin edit :Zombie:

(i will try)

Please check it out

lusterclaw

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:31 PM

Ive been trying to find a program like this but no luck yet. When i do ill give you the link

UndeadHob0

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:30 AM

I think he is talking about something like MCSkinEdit. I'd like something like this for texture packs aswell.

Spare some change?

_Padfoot_
  • Minecraft: _fenrir_

Posted 30 May 2011 - 08:19 PM

i would think something like MCskinedit would be very useful for texture pack making
Posted Image

Kingdaro

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:30 PM

View Post_Padfoot_, on 30 May 2011 - 08:19 PM, said:

i would think something like MCskinedit would be very useful for texture pack making
I second this.

tcavarno9000

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:55 AM

View PostWillFrost, on 21 March 2011 - 05:23 PM, said:

Does anyone know if there is any program which you can use to create texture packs.

In other words, a program which allows you to edit the minecraft textures, and keeps the transparacy, and tells you what you are drawing on, e.g. this bit here [] is wood, and this bit [] is cobblestone
is this really what i think it is