This is mainly to help people port desktop terrain packs, although it may also help those who are updating existing texture packs (since they can unstitch their current pack with Mojang's unstitcher, and re-stitch with this tool)
Currently, the application is in an extremely early stage of development.
- Unstitching the terrain-atlas.tga file into a Desktop-style resource pack directory of .pngs
- Stitching named .pngs back into the TARGA file
What doesn't work:
- Choosing the files. You have to put the extracted terrain-atlas.tga and the terrain.maps files on /sdcard
- Transparency: I didn't take into account premultiplied alphas, so semitransparent textures are screwed up
- Mapping: some .pngs have wrong names compared to their desktop counterparts
This demo release is alpha quality. I've put a timer on the release so that the demo expires in four days. Expect a better demo before then.
Source code: https://github.com/zhuowei/Mercator
(Please ask me before redistributing this in source or binary format, as I'm not ready to choose a license yet. Pointing people to the official download above is OK.)