• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Block Lag: How to stop it

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

llama3721

Posted 20 March 2011 - 04:58 PM

I have joined a brand new server and I am an op but I keep getting Block Lag. Block lag is were you cant destroy blocks. The plugins are godmode, worldedit, teamviewerr, and perrmissions. PLEASE HELP

P.S best responce gets IP to server

From the Keyboard of,
                                                                                                              Llama3721

Register or log in to remove.

rch
    rch

Minecraft.cm

• Members
  • 4104 posts
  • Minecraft: rch

Posted 20 March 2011 - 05:41 PM

You're either trying to break blocks that are in the protected spawn area or your internet connection between your home and the server is horrible.

Where are you located and where is the server located?

Gothataway

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:29 PM

Yes, I'm having the same issue! It's where I break the block, but it reappears. And I'm in my own base!! I just go mining and it takes forever to break 1 block!
Posted Image

bostonian

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:36 PM

This commonly happens when the server is being hosted on a computer and someone is trying to play on the server, form that computer at the same time. The best way to prevent it is to run the server nearby from a different computer or server box. Connection speed is also important. Try using an ethernet cord on your computer when playing minecraft instead of wifi/airport mode.  Ethernet is faster. The amount of RAM allocated to the server also plays a major role in game speeds.

There isnt any specific problem causing this, just general lagg. Here are a few plugins that can help reduce lag a little:
- ClearLagg
- NoLagg

Another common form of lagg on a server is map size getting to large. You might want to consider getting a worldborder plugin.

I'm from Boston