• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Gendustry 1.1.0 - Updated 27/03 - Tons of new stuff!

• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

bdew
    bdew

Iron Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 342 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:24 PM

Posted Image

Features
Downloads and Documentation on my site

Changes - 1.1.0
  • New Machines
    • Extractor – Converts Bees, Sapling, Pollen, Butterflies, etc. into Liquid DNA (compatible with ExtraBees if installed)
    • Liquifier – Converts uncooked meat into Protein liquid
    • Replicator – Uses Liquid DNA and Protein to create a Queen / Sapling / Butterfly from a filled genetic template
    • Transposer – Copies genetic templates and samples
  • New Items
    • Scooporator MX200 Turbo (A.K.A Industrial Scoop)
    • Environmental Processor – Used in new upgrades
  • New Upgrades
    • Desert/Plains/Jungle Emulation Upgrade – Overrides the biome, allows some species to produce their specialty products. Also changes temperature and humidity.
    • Genetic Stabilizer Upgrade – Removes chance of ignoble bees dying
  • Misc Changes
    • Added BC gate triggers
    • New/Improved slot hints in GUIs
    • Sapling drop chance when using a Grafter is now configurable
    • Hell upgrade recipe changed
    • Hell upgrade now affects humidity
    • Genetic Templates now show number of chromosomes (always) and list of missing (with shift)
    • Added command /givetemplate (spawns fully filled genetic templates)
    • Apiaries can now be controlled with redstone signal
    • Added Chinese Traditional localisation (thanks mymagadsl)
For older versions see the changelog.

Spotlight

Requirements Supported Mods Configuration

I believe in the ultimate freedom of the end user, thus EVERYTHING in this mod is configurable. You can change most settings, and all recipes by copying gendustry-tuning.cfg and gendustry-recipes.cfg from the JAR (in assets/gendustry) to your config folder and editing them.
Note that you will need to manually update them for future versions, no automated merging of configuration is possible.
Documentation of the format is a WIP, but it should mostly be understandable Posted Image

License

The mod is licensed under the MMPL-1.0, the source code is available on GitHub.
Yes this means you have permission to add it to any public or private mod pack without asking.

Register or log in to remove.

sciguyryan
  • Minecraft: sciguyryan

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:33 PM

Definitely going to take a look at this, looks awesome!

firestorm986

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:46 PM

looks cool bro :D

Exengo
    Exengo

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 236 posts
  • Minecraft: lollo333
  • Xbox:Exengo

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:33 PM

Looks awesome! Definitely gonna use this in the future!

Flying_Bat

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:03 PM

This looks interesting.
Nice work.

Posted Image

Peach774

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:13 PM

Looks cool, but, and i don't mean this in a mean way, why would i use this, it seems like extra bees without any extra bees, just the genetic machines. Maybe you could add some cool multiblocks to seperate this from extra bees and make it so having both doesnt feel useless.

FatBobTheSlob

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:31 PM

Holy crapoly! Love it! Anything for me bee breeding need!

bdew
    bdew

Iron Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 342 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:46 PM

View PostPeach774, on 29 November 2013 - 08:13 PM, said:

Looks cool, but, and i don't mean this in a mean way, why would i use this, it seems like extra bees without any extra bees, just the genetic machines. Maybe you could add some cool multiblocks to seperate this from extra bees and make it so having both doesnt feel useless.

My mod isn't THAT similar to EB. The sampler/imprinter are kind'a inspired by the isolator/innoculator but work in a somewhat different way, everything else doesn't have EB equivalents (AFAIK)

FatBobTheSlob

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:45 PM

You should think about adding RedFlux support from Thermal Expansion 3, it's the best energy system all around right now. More and more mods are going away from MJ and EU.

GrammieFi
    GrammieFi

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1182 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:55 PM

View PostPeach774, on 29 November 2013 - 08:13 PM, said:

If I'm understanding the webpage right, instead of first breeding the bees then hoping like heck you get the species serum as in extrabees, this one you get the base species, pop them in the machine, and get the mutation for sure. I'm going to try it out, and see how I like it.

I'm trying right now to breed up Magic Bee breeds, and it's tricky going. Some of those require a foundation of blocks of certain metals/etc. How do those mutations work with this mod? Will I still get the mutations with your machine?
Posted Image

bdew
    bdew

Iron Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 342 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:08 AM

View PostFatBobTheSlob, on 29 November 2013 - 11:45 PM, said:

You should think about adding RedFlux support from Thermal Expansion 3, it's the best energy system all around right now. More and more mods are going away from MJ and EU.

To be honest, i'm sure RF is going to end up being this

That being said, adding support for it is definitely on my todo list, but i might wait for 1.7 for that. The new api interface stripping thing will make it possible to support multiple power systems without having hard dependencies on the mods that provide them or having to bundle in the api (and face version hell on every update).

The last forge versions for 1.6 as well do have that but most people don't use them, and some mods are probably incompatible with them.

View PostGrammieFi, on 29 November 2013 - 11:55 PM, said:

If I'm understanding the webpage right, instead of first breeding the bees then hoping like heck you get the species serum as in extrabees, this one you get the base species, pop them in the machine, and get the mutation for sure. I'm going to try it out, and see how I like it.

Yes the Mutatron gives you a guaranteed mutation. It does cost a lot of power to run though, but for early-game you have other alternatives...

View PostGrammieFi, on 29 November 2013 - 11:55 PM, said:

I'm trying right now to breed up Magic Bee breeds, and it's tricky going. Some of those require a foundation of blocks of certain metals/etc. How do those mutations work with this mod? Will I still get the mutations with your machine?

In an apiary they work like in forestry, the Mutatron completely ignores any extra requirements (biomes, moon phase, date, blocks, whatever), if a mutation exists between 2 species - you will get it. (I might change it a bit in the future, i like how it worked out but currently it can lead to unexpected results, like forest+meadows giving leporine half the time)

sciguyryan
  • Minecraft: sciguyryan

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:12 AM

View Postbdew, on 30 November 2013 - 12:08 AM, said:

Have to disagree with you there. The list of mods holding RF support is extensive already. It's pretty the best power system out there at the moment. I'll be quite happy to see this supported... then I can also add it to the official CoFH wiki under mods with RF support :3

GrammieFi
    GrammieFi

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1182 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:58 AM

I'd love to see official RF support here. I'm finding TE3 the best thing going for power production and distribution. So much so that it's quickly replacing every other method I had been using.
Posted Image

obonzio
    obonzio

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:14 AM

The Industrial Grafter should use only 2000RF. In the documentation it says 5000RF. Im not sure but I think i read that the ratio MJ:RF is 1:4 in the TE3 thread

Laskeri
    Laskeri

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2105 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:27 AM

View Postobonzio, on 30 November 2013 - 02:14 AM, said:

The Industrial Grafter should use only 2000RF. In the documentation it says 5000RF. Im not sure but I think i read that the ratio MJ:RF is 1:4 in the TE3 thread

No, it's 1:10.

obonzio
    obonzio

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:40 AM

View PostLaskeri, on 30 November 2013 - 03:27 AM, said:

No, it's 1:10.

Ohh, my bad then Posted Image

FatBobTheSlob

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:13 AM

View Postbdew, on 30 November 2013 - 12:08 AM, said:

Yea, not going to happen. The chief reason why RF came to be is because CovertJaguar's response to tweaking his MJ energy system was it's either CJ's way or the highway. So KingLemming made an entirely new energy system free of all or most (I haven't really looked that deep into both systems) restrictions that the MJ one has.

Additionally lots of tech mods already have their RF support included, even more are slowly phasing out MJ or making it only a secondary choice.

On a side note: Did SirSengir stop the development of Forestry because he's focusing on his bee breeding game? Or has someone else taken over?

Wiiboy222
  • Minecraft: Wiiboy222
  • PSN:Wiiboy222

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:15 PM

Direwolf will like this!

Be pround  Posted Image

Posted Image

GrammieFi
    GrammieFi

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1182 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:40 PM

View PostFatBobTheSlob, on 30 November 2013 - 11:13 AM, said:

On a side note: Did SirSengir stop the development of Forestry because he's focusing on his bee breeding game? Or has someone else taken over?
I heard that Mysterious Ages is taking over.
Posted Image

bdew
    bdew

Iron Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 342 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:53 PM

Someone found out that the Industrial Apiary sends any shift-clicked upgrades into limbo if all the upgrade slots are filled with other kind of upgrades, beware. I'll post a fixed version soon.

In other news i've decided to add RF support before 1.0, i'll probably bundle the needed API files to avoid a hard dependency on TE for now. The hard dependency on BC will remain for now (so you will still have to have BC installed, even if you use TE exclusively).

My current plan is to do the 2 things above and if no more issues come up - call it 1.0. If you seen any other issues with the beta please report them here or on the bug tracker.

I'm also interested in comments about balance, do you think stuff is too cheap? Eats too much power? Not enough? - Please tell me ;)