• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

circle chart expansion.

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

shademehre

Posted 07 August 2010 - 02:13 AM

I have no clue where to ask this, and this place seems as best as any, so here it goes.

I'm sure we're (or most of us are) familiar with this picture.

http://i50.tinypic.com/2lj71c7.png

However, I need this to go up to a 101 square circle, and have no idea how to re-create the pattern that is used in this picture (i have tried using pixels in paint, as well as the circle making tool, but neither are doing the job), so I was wondering if anyone here knew of a formula to use, or could possibly extend the graph themselves.

Thankz a lot!

~@~Shademehre.

Register or log in to remove.

copygirl
    copygirl

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1425 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 10:26 AM

Maybe you can use Paint*, enable the grid, zoom in, make a screenshot and save that one instead ... ;)
EDIT: * or a graphics program of your choice.

codewarrior

Posted 07 August 2010 - 11:14 AM

MSPaint makes crappy circles.  If I had to guess, I'd say the person who made that guide built them all by hand in Minecraft to make sure they looked right, then exported to PNG.  I'm not sure what's the best tool for making them, though.
MCEdit: Minecraft World Editor

"We will absolutely not keep in mind what external mapeditors will have to do to read data from the disk, that makes no sense whatsoever." - Grum

vamediah

Posted 07 August 2010 - 12:10 PM

101 x1
Posted Image

101 at 600% with a grid
Posted Image
alternatively:
Posted Image

I got the images using NBT forge with a brush size of 50, it counts the diameter plus its center so, 50+50+1, well you know.

Hope this is to your satisfaction.

vamediah

Posted 07 August 2010 - 12:16 PM

double-posted

shademehre

Posted 07 August 2010 - 08:22 PM

vamediah said:

101 x1

-Snip-

Hope this is to your satisfaction.

Yes! Thank you so very much, this is exactly what I needed!

I am creating a bio-dome made out of glass (inspired by viewtopic.php?f=35&t=20984  <-- that guy) but after my first attempts to establish a base to build on with paint (which i realized was doomed to fail miserably after i got about 1\4th of it filled in) I decided that I needed something much more exact (like this marvelous diagram you have provided me with!) to go off of.

thanks a ton!

~@~Shademehre

Mister_Mc_Moose

Posted 14 November 2010 - 11:43 PM

iv built the 101 block square and made an outline of the circle... but however i want to make my house like a doughnut. so im trying to build a circle around this, another 15 all the way around, so 131 overall. but how did you make that circle graph cause i need a circle 131 diameter and dont know how to. thankx

Mister_Mc_Moose

Posted 15 November 2010 - 01:24 PM

can anyone please help,

Sharingan616

Posted 28 February 2011 - 02:43 PM

Could anyone do this for a 65x65 circle too? o-o

Posted Image

ThreadedIron

Posted 06 March 2011 - 09:34 PM

Does the number above the circle represent the circumference of the circle?
Posted Image

Posted Image

nateniph
    nateniph

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:25 PM

I created an excel spreadsheet to map circles for me.  Just enter the desired radius and it draws it all out.  It's nice because each cell has an x and y coordinate, so it's hard to loose track of where you are.  I tried to attach, but the file type was disallowed.

WhiteSugarFive

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:03 AM

I don't need that big a of a circle, however, I'm still in the same predicament. I need a 53 circle. Not 101. Can someone help? Please!!

Kdawg
    Kdawg

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Minecraft: KlaytonKress

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:02 AM

I realize this thread is old but I have a similar need but on a much larger scale. I need a 2600 diameter circle. if you're wondering what a massive circle like this is used for.... It is something that I found out another had planned to do but has hitherto not presented. It is for a Neo Midgar design based as closely as possible on Midgars construction from the available CGI's, pictures, structural plans, and models. So, if anyone can show me a picture of or give me a tool to generate a 2600 diameter circle it would be greatly appreciated.
-Deo Volente Peccavi
-Dieu Et Les Dames

Banpower1

Posted 12 May 2011 - 05:54 PM

So if you want to calculate this with a calculator, block by block, you can use Sinus and Cosinus, if you do not understand what those are, wait till you learn it in school, if you do... use it...

MrLaptopMan

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:22 PM

nateniph said:

I created an excel spreadsheet to map circles for me.  Just enter the desired radius and it draws it all out.  It's nice because each cell has an x and y coordinate, so it's hard to loose track of where you are.  I tried to attach, but the file type was disallowed.

change the file extension and tell us what to change it to
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Saifire
    Saifire

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Minecraft: saifire

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:48 AM

View PostBanpower1, on 12 May 2011 - 05:54 PM, said:

So if you want to calculate this with a calculator, block by block, you can use Sinus and Cosinus, if you do not understand what those are, wait till you learn it in school, if you do... use it...

sinus are the air pockets in your head... you mean sine and cosine?

mcdoh
    mcdoh

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:07 PM

I made a web app that allows you to create circles and ellipses, you can check it out at www.mineconics.net.  It's still a work in progress, I plan on adding support for spheres, saving designs, sharing designs, etc.  Let me know what you think and if you have any problems or suggestions.

Theokinsj

Posted 26 June 2011 - 02:53 PM

I think someone needs to create a piece of software (like MCedit) that is specially made to make templates/designs of circles. That way people wouldn't have to make a diagram for every dimension or size of circle. Anyone who is smart, good with computers and is devoted to spending a hell of a lot of time doing this, please! Every minecrafter out there needs help making circles!!!!!

FrostPheonix
  • Minecraft: FrostPheonix

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:20 AM

Thanks Sooooo much!

I was making a schematic and it was a large circular City....

This really helped!
Diamonds to you   :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:

Posted Image

Binarytobis

Posted 04 October 2011 - 02:19 AM

Mineconics.net