Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Easy, yet efficient, mob trap.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Reproduire
  • Minecraft: Reproduire

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:26 PM

What are some of your easiest to construct, yet efficient mob traps? Fell encouraged to post pics, schematics, or videos of them.
I would have looked for topics like this myself if they'd fix the search function, sorry!  :Skeleton:

Creeper in your bed said:

I don't need a signature.
I'm a vegetarian....but not in minecraft.
Ditto :)

Register or log in to remove.

iJogurt
    iJogurt

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:31 PM

The search still works, just use google. Plus these are so popular the first three pages probably have a thread on this.
[]  []  []  []  []  :(
[]  []  []  []  []  :cobblestone:
:Glass:  :Water:  :Water:  :opblock:  :Water:  :mossystone:
:Glass:  :Water:  :mossystone:  :mossystone:  :mossystone:  :mossystone:
:Glass:  :Water:  :mossystone:  :mossystone:  :mossystone:  :mossystone:
:Water:  :Water: :mossystone:  :mossystone:  :mossystone:  :mossystone:

Oceanie said:

Jeesus. That sucks!

Coolflip

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:31 PM

Look up "Ethoslab" on youtube, he has a very efficient mob trap that brings mobs to the surface, meaning you don't have to climb down to a collection point! Basically, make a dark spawning room and light up all caves around it and somehow funnel them into one tube that brings mobs up (search "mobivator" by ethoslab) and a drowning system.
Posted Image

Lytyr
    Lytyr

Carpenter

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:35 PM

Not sure whether this has been surpassed, but my first mob trap was based on this guy's video:

I tried replicating it in another map, but the mobs wouldn't sink anymore, so I must have done something wrong.  Now I'm trying a third time; hopefully this time, I'll get the mobs sinking again.
GENERATION 19: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Phase Blocks - Paving the way for hidden entrances, giant gates, sneaky traps & secret passages!

evilgoku79

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:45 PM

Lytyr said:

Not sure whether this has been surpassed, but my first mob trap was based on this guy's video:

I tried replicating it in another map, but the mobs wouldn't sink anymore, so I must have done something wrong.  Now I'm trying a third time; hopefully this time, I'll get the mobs sinking again.

Try doing this trap its a lot easier to make , and it is profit.   :D

MuffinOrama

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:48 PM

Fire traps at the bottom of a tower are my favorite, I don't like having to go underground to collect drops.

:D  :Notch:  :Teal:  :Teal:  :Teal:  :Teal:  :Teal:  :Teal:  :cobblestone:  :cobblestone:  :cobblestone: []  []  :cobblestone:
:cobblestone:  :Lava:  :Lava:  :Lava:  :Lava: []  []  []  []  []  []  []  []  :cobblestone:
:cobblestone:  :cobblestone:  :cobblestone:  :cobblestone: |-|  :Teal:  :Teal:  :Teal:  :Teal:  :Teal:  :Teal:  :Teal:  :Water:  :cobblestone:
:cobblestone:  :cobblestone:  :cobblestone:  :cobblestone:  :Water:  :cobblestone:  :cobblestone:  :cobblestone:  :cobblestone:  :cobblestone:  :cobblestone:  :cobblestone:  :cobblestone:  :cobblestone:

Reproduire
  • Minecraft: Reproduire

Posted 19 March 2011 - 10:29 PM

evilgoku79 said:

Lytyr said:

Try doing this trap its a lot easier to make , and it is profit.   :Diamond:
Making it now, thanks!!!

Creeper in your bed said:

I don't need a signature.
I'm a vegetarian....but not in minecraft.
Ditto :)

Creeper in your bed
  • Minecraft: Kurtisk1

Posted 20 March 2011 - 05:10 AM

Off topic: You sigged my sig. :tnt:
I'm quite the shady customer.

HAL said:

I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.

Taldeer12

Posted 20 March 2011 - 06:13 AM

I see it this way:
Zombies - useless, you hardly need feathers
Spiders - After you have 7 string (2 fishing rods, one bow) you never need more string
Skeletons - very useful for drops. Best thing to do is find a skellie dungeon and hook it up to a lavablade mob killer. simple and 100% efficient.
Creepers - here it's a bit more difficult, if you want to farm 'em for gunpowder you will have to build a mob tower with darkrooms, and hook it up to a mob killer, however you'll get all mobs and will need to make a sorting system to avoid spiders clogging the trap. A simpler solution is to go outside at night with nothing but a diamond (iron will do though) sword and start swinging.