Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[REQ] Seed Gen/Viewer

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Ultimate_omega
  • Minecraft: Ultimate_omega

Posted 19 March 2011 - 05:29 PM

I was looking around the forums looking for something. But I couldn't find it.

I'd like to make a request.

What with the new seed generator for the 1.3 maps, I'm getting tired of plugging in the seeds to test a world, if I don't like it, saving, then deleting it.

What if someone could create a program that you could either let it generate a seed or plug in your own seed, then the program follows the generation rules and acts like MCEdit or Cartograph, so you can view the world. As well, the program displays the seed, if you like the world, simply copy over the seed to MC, and hit generate.

Yes, I realize that the seed does not control player spawn points, or mobs, for that matter. I'd, and more than likely more people, like to create an attractive world where we can create even more amazing creations.

Any takers?
Also known as Mr. Omega

Register or log in to remove.

ratty
    ratty

Forum/Wiki Sponsor

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • Minecraft: kilorat

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:37 AM

http://mc.42nex.us/

Ultimate_omega

Posted 23 March 2011 - 02:29 PM

Thanks. But I was looking a program I could "install" to my computer.

To clarify, the program can generate the seed, and it could map the world the seed would generate. Or, you could plug in a seed, to generate a map of that.

Basically, preview worlds before creating them in MC.
Also known as Mr. Omega

bobbob
    bobbob

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • Minecraft: NW9k

Posted 23 March 2011 - 03:16 PM

for this one might need the world generation algorithms of minecraft if you want a random map. i like this idea though, and i think someone should try to program such a thing
Posted Image

arentol
    arentol

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 04:58 PM

Even better would be a program that does this:

Accepts a range of seed inputs (e.g. 100 - 199)
Accepts a range of map coordinates (a/o chunks) to analyze (e.g. +1000,+1000 to -1000,-1000) this way you can check if just the area around the spawn is epic, or if a certain quadrant is epic (like by using 0,0 to +4000,+4000).
Then it generates each map of the given size and range and then analyzes the map for just about everything, like:

Amount of water at sea level.
Amount of land above sea level.
Coal above sea level
Pumpkins
Land above sea level that is below dirt or stone with air inbetween (overhangs and high cliffs)
Total Blocks of wood
Total spawners
Total ice blocks
etc.

It could also provide weighted averages of certain features to help quickly distinguish each map from others (e.g. epicness based on amount of overhang and amount of terrain above sea level).

Once it is done analyzing the series of maps it would return the seed and results to a .csv file as well as to a central database on the internet (the internet database probably would be set to only accept new +1000,+1000 to -1000,-1000 samples.

To make it even better the central database could actually be set up to use a distributed computing system that people with a licensed copy of minecraft could install. Then it would auto-run all day and night on thousands of computers all over the world, slowly building up a massive database of seeds without replicating any. Then people could search the database to find a seed that meets their needs.

*You wouldn't need the world generating algorithm for this kind of thing. You could use the existing game exe to generate the worlds for you. You would just need to create a tool that does it in the background without fully launching the game.

Ultimate_omega

Posted 23 March 2011 - 08:27 PM

arentol said:

Even better would be a program that does this:

Accepts a range of seed inputs (e.g. 100 - 199)
Accepts a range of map coordinates (a/o chunks) to analyze (e.g. +1000,+1000 to -1000,-1000) this way you can check if just the area around the spawn is epic, or if a certain quadrant is epic (like by using 0,0 to +4000,+4000).
Then it generates each map of the given size and range and then analyzes the map for just about everything, like:

Amount of water at sea level.
Amount of land above sea level.
Coal above sea level
Pumpkins
Land above sea level that is below dirt or stone with air inbetween (overhangs and high cliffs)
Total Blocks of wood
Total spawners
Total ice blocks
etc.

It could also provide weighted averages of certain features to help quickly distinguish each map from others (e.g. epicness based on amount of overhang and amount of terrain above sea level).

Once it is done analyzing the series of maps it would return the seed and results to a .csv file as well as to a central database on the internet (the internet database probably would be set to only accept new +1000,+1000 to -1000,-1000 samples.

To make it even better the central database could actually be set up to use a distributed computing system that people with a licensed copy of minecraft could install. Then it would auto-run all day and night on thousands of computers all over the world, slowly building up a massive database of seeds without replicating any. Then people could search the database to find a seed that meets their needs.

*You wouldn't need the world generating algorithm for this kind of thing. You could use the existing game exe to generate the worlds for you. You would just need to create a tool that does it in the background without fully launching the game.

Actually, that's a much better idea than mine.
Also known as Mr. Omega

Jinkoo
    Jinkoo

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 11:03 PM

Possibly using some of these ideas here. I loved this mod but i hated having to update it. If we can get results like this i would love everyone.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=76184

ModestBat

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:23 AM

I had this thing called AMIDST and it loaded the seed, showed the spawn, biomes (color coded), strongholds, nether fortresses, villages, and all of that good stuff. I don't know how updated it is, but it's pretty much exactly what you're looking for.

Here's the link to it:
http://www.minecraft...ith-witch-huts/

Jake_simons

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:52 PM

This is not a bad idea! Bravo to you! But as a favor...I would like you to PLEASE approve my posts because I have a limit of 10 posts a day (because I am a new member) unless I get 10 approved posts,So PLEASE help me by doing so...and Thank you in advance!  -Jake

Vulcano223
  • Minecraft: vulcano223

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:28 PM

There was a program like this, I think it was something called "amidst" you should check that out :)
Did my post help you? If it did hit that arrow button in the bottom right corner! Also check out my youtube channel!
Spoiler:
Posted ImagePosted Image

CampbellPM
  • Minecraft: CampbellPM

Posted 28 November 2013 - 06:19 AM

View Postratty, on 22 March 2011 - 08:37 AM, said:

cool website
Posted Image

Welcome to my signature here are the forums rules! Quote my posts and I will see them! Do you want to no the secret to human success it's pretty simple it is We Never Give Up!