• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

java.net.ConnectException:Connection timed out: no further information: <server name>

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

arryndel
    arryndel

Tree Puncher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 29 posts
  • Minecraft: Arryndel

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:25 AM

I get this error with any public server I have tried to connect to, and I have tried a very large number of servers.

I have tried downgrading my version to multiple older versions, still can't connect. Message may change but result is the same, unable to connect.

The servers that I'm trying to connect to show as online on the server lists sites that I'm finding them on and they all show to have quite a few people connected, yet I can't

I have tried quite a number of public servers and have yet to find a single one that I can connect to with any version of minecraft.

I have checked my router port forwarding just to make absolute sure that this isn't the issue, it isn't.

I followed a suggestion on another thread for a similar issue, the suggestion was to remove the word "minecraft" from the Hosts file in the system32 folder, my Hosts file did not contain the word "minecraft" any where in it, so this was of no help to me.

I have searched the forums looking for any other suggested fixes for this and have found none, I'm hoping that I can find some one with some answers here.

Register or log in to remove.

CreeperCaptain98

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:47 PM

I have had this problem too!! its been acting this way sine 1.7 came out. i downgraded to the older one. Same result. deleted and redownloaded. System 32 check. new internet tomorrow. i cant connect to ANY multiplayer servers!! HALP