Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Attn useless moderators: lock this thread (hMod thread)


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
6726 replies to this topic

#1

hey0
    hey0

    Diamond Miner

  • Members
  • 749 posts
  • Minecraft: trait0r

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:23 AM

Bukkit will be superseding hMod. Once Bukkit is ready, hMod will no longer be updated. I no longer have an interest in Minecraft, so this change is for the best. The hMod forum won't be deleted though, so you can keep posting and such, if you really want. It won't be very moderated though, since there'll be no point in doing so.

You can read more here:
http://forum.hey0.ne...ad.php?tid=3591
Their official website:
http://bukkit.org/

Thanks.


hMod stuff
Latest build: Download
Github: https://github.com/t...aft-Server-Mod/
Forum link: http://forum.hey0.net/
hi

Register or log in to remove.

#2

mbd12916
    mbd12916

    Diamond Miner

  • Members
  • 709 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:25 AM

make a zip version...
Posted Image

#3

hey0
    hey0

    Diamond Miner

  • Members
  • 749 posts
  • Minecraft: trait0r

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:27 AM

mbd12916 said:

make a zip version...
nothing wrong with rars, but whatever. http://www.mediafire...w532qd7u099jhs9
hi

#4

StickyChaps

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:40 AM

I did everything you specified. Admins.txt showed up. I added myself but it doesn't seem to be working. Whenever I try /kick or /item command it says "unknown command."

My Name isn't colored either, if that makes a difference.

I put in my name in the admin file was #StickyChaps:(ip) without bubbles. Any solution? Maybe I need to run the server at least once before putting your files into the .jar file?

I've tried both my Local IPv4 IP adress and internet IP.

#5

hey0
    hey0

    Diamond Miner

  • Members
  • 749 posts
  • Minecraft: trait0r

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:41 AM

StickyChaps said:

I did everything you specified. Admin.txt showed up. I added myself but it doesn't seem to be working. Whenever I try /kick or /item command it says "unknown command."

My Name isn't colored either, if that makes a difference.

I put in my name in the admin file was #StickyChaps:(ip) without bubbles. Any solution? Maybe I need to run the server at least once before putting your files into the .jar file?
Oh, I probably should've noted to not have the # before it. # is for comments. My bad.

Also, make sure this is the IP the server says in the GUI or console when you connect.
hi

#6

StickyChaps

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:44 AM

hey0 said:

StickyChaps said:

I did everything you specified. Admin.txt showed up. I added myself but it doesn't seem to be working. Whenever I try /kick or /item command it says "unknown command."

My Name isn't colored either, if that makes a difference.

I put in my name in the admin file was #StickyChaps:(ip) without bubbles. Any solution? Maybe I need to run the server at least once before putting your files into the .jar file?
Oh, I probably should've noted to not have the # before it. # is for comments. My bad.

Also, make sure this is the IP the server says in the GUI or console when you connect.

I removed the # and it worked fine. thanks again. I'm going to reopen my server, hopefully things will be better. I'll be testing this from now on.

#7

hey0
    hey0

    Diamond Miner

  • Members
  • 749 posts
  • Minecraft: trait0r

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:47 AM

StickyChaps said:

hey0 said:

StickyChaps said:

I did everything you specified. Admin.txt showed up. I added myself but it doesn't seem to be working. Whenever I try /kick or /item command it says "unknown command."

My Name isn't colored either, if that makes a difference.

I put in my name in the admin file was #StickyChaps:(ip) without bubbles. Any solution? Maybe I need to run the server at least once before putting your files into the .jar file?
Oh, I probably should've noted to not have the # before it. # is for comments. My bad.

Also, make sure this is the IP the server says in the GUI or console when you connect.

I removed the # and it worked fine. thanks again. I'm going to reopen my server, hopefully things will be better. I'll be testing this from now on.
Thanks, make sure to post any bugs in this thread, and any feature requests. :P
hi

#8

mbd12916
    mbd12916

    Diamond Miner

  • Members
  • 709 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:49 AM

Wait before I try this does it require the non-gui version
Posted Image

#9

hey0
    hey0

    Diamond Miner

  • Members
  • 749 posts
  • Minecraft: trait0r

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:50 AM

mbd12916 said:

Wait before I try this does it require the non-gui version
It requires minecraft_server.jar which can be run in either nongui or gui mode (by default it's in gui mode unless you specify nogui in the launch arguments)
hi

#10

mbd12916
    mbd12916

    Diamond Miner

  • Members
  • 709 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:51 AM

hey0 said:

mbd12916 said:

Wait before I try this does it require the non-gui version
It requires minecraft_server.jar which can be run in either nongui or gui mode.
Ok im getting it possibly then
Posted Image

#11

StickyChaps

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:55 AM

hey0 said:

Thanks, make sure to post any bugs in this thread, and any feature requests. :Logs^:

One major problem, people are unable to connect to my server. Any ideas? I've tried setting the ip on the server properties to different ips. I've left it blank, I set it to my local IPv4 adress (This worked before this mod was installed) and setting it to my internet ip but to no avail.

#12

hey0
    hey0

    Diamond Miner

  • Members
  • 749 posts
  • Minecraft: trait0r

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:56 AM

StickyChaps said:

hey0 said:

Thanks, make sure to post any bugs in this thread, and any feature requests. :Logs^:

One major problem, people are unable to connect to my server. Any ideas? I've tried setting the ip on the server properties to different ips. I've left it blank, I set it to my local IPv4 adress (This worked before this mod was installed) and setting it to my internet ip.
My mod shouldn't affect that. Do they get some sort of error when they connect? Or do they just timeout?
hi

#13

StickyChaps

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:58 AM

hey0 said:

StickyChaps said:

hey0 said:

Thanks, make sure to post any bugs in this thread, and any feature requests. :Logs^:

One major problem, people are unable to connect to my server. Any ideas? I've tried setting the ip on the server properties to different ips. I've left it blank, I set it to my local IPv4 adress (This worked before this mod was installed) and setting it to my internet ip.
My mod shouldn't affect that. Do they get some sort of error when they connect? Or do they just timeout?

They timeout.

Note: I had a server up using the same ip for more than 24 hours before installing the mod and people were able to join.

#14

hey0
    hey0

    Diamond Miner

  • Members
  • 749 posts
  • Minecraft: trait0r

Posted 06 August 2010 - 01:00 AM

StickyChaps said:

hey0 said:

StickyChaps said:

One major problem, people are unable to connect to my server. Any ideas? I've tried setting the ip on the server properties to different ips. I've left it blank, I set it to my local IPv4 adress (This worked before this mod was installed) and setting it to my internet ip.
My mod shouldn't affect that. Do they get some sort of error when they connect? Or do they just timeout?

They timeout.

Note: I had a server up using the same ip for more than 24 hours before installing the mod.
This is something on your end then.
hi

#15

Lim-Dul
    Lim-Dul

    Forum/Wiki Sponsor

  • Curse Premium
  • 251 posts
  • Location: Europe->Poland->Warsaw
  • Minecraft: Lim_Dul

Posted 06 August 2010 - 01:04 AM

Wow, the epic server mods just keep on coming. Finally someone decompiled the server and got some true modding done. ^^

We need item kits, player limit, block/item names instead of IDs and possibly uptime, stop and restart depending on uptime. Ah, and it would be easier to make an item blacklist instead of a whitelist - I only need to ban a dozen blocks or so.
War does not determine who is right - only who is left. - Bertrand Russell
fCraft.net Freebuild Official - Official server of the fCraft custom server software

#16

hey0
    hey0

    Diamond Miner

  • Members
  • 749 posts
  • Minecraft: trait0r

Posted 06 August 2010 - 01:10 AM

Lim-Dul said:

Wow, the epic server mods just keep on coming. Finally someone decompiled the server and got some true modding done. ^^

We need item kits, player limit, block/item names instead of IDs and possibly uptime, stop and restart depending on uptime. Ah, and it would be easier to make an item blacklist instead of a whitelist - I only need to ban a dozen blocks or so.
I didn't realize there wasn't a player limit, so I just added that in. Block and item names seem kind of tedious though. And for item kits, if you could make a list of them I'll go about adding them in. I'll also see about adding in a blacklist rather than a whitelist. Once I get these done I'll update the post with a new download url
hi

#17

Borg184
    Borg184

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 171 posts
  • Location: Florida

Posted 06 August 2010 - 01:12 AM

If I could get a server to work, your mod would be first on my list to install.
No, I'm not jumping on the dragon Bandwagon.
I'm on the Pokemon bandwagon
Posted Image
Posted Image

#18

Koppis
    Koppis

    Carpenter

  • Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 01:27 AM

Works great! Thanks!

#19

hey0
    hey0

    Diamond Miner

  • Members
  • 749 posts
  • Minecraft: trait0r

Posted 06 August 2010 - 01:34 AM

New little update released. Adds a /item blacklist and player limit (defaults to 24, read OP for more info).
hi

#20

StickyChaps

Posted 06 August 2010 - 01:37 AM

Ok, server is up and running and perfect. By the way, did /iron and /wood always exist or did you mod put that in?