Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.6.4][Server Admin] Opis 1.2.1 - The server admin Companion Cube.

1.6.4 admin

  • Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#41

seventoes

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:29 AM

Is there a way to use this with Bukkit? Based on your install instructions it sounds like this is more a vanilla mod. I would love to dig into this level of detail on my bukkit/spigot server!

Register or log in to remove.

#42

ProfMobius

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:05 PM

View Postseventoes, on 17 November 2013 - 06:29 AM, said:

Is there a way to use this with Bukkit? Based on your install instructions it sounds like this is more a vanilla mod. I would love to dig into this level of detail on my bukkit/spigot server!
It is a Forge mod for Forge/MCPC+ servers.
You might want to look at MCPC+ as it support some bukkit plugins if I understood correctly.

#43

FKasa
    FKasa

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:09 PM

View PostFKasa, on 16 November 2013 - 02:55 AM, said:

Please tell me this works on Single player!

I just updated my mods and I have a much lower FPS overall.(Twilight forest has lag spikes - unplayabe).

Also Direwolf20 brought me here Posted Image
It was intended as a question:
Can you mod work in a singleplayer (offline) world?

#44

NLZ
    NLZ

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:31 AM

2013-11-18 01:16:47 [SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] Fatal errors were detected during the transition from SERVER_ABOUT_TO_START to SERVER_STARTING. Loading cannot continue
(...)
2013-11-18 01:16:47 [SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] Caught exception from Opis
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: mcp.mobius.mobiuscore.profiler.ProfilerRegistrar.registerProfilerTileEntity(Lmcp/mobius/mobiuscore/profiler/IProfilerTileEntity;)V
at mcp.mobius.opis.modOpis.serverStarting(modOpis.java:84)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
First time I try to use this, I find this error, using MobiusCore_1.0.1 and Opis_1.0.3b_alpha.
Full log
Can you tell me what could be the problem? Thank you.

#45

ProfMobius

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:58 AM

View PostFKasa, on 17 November 2013 - 06:09 PM, said:

It was intended as a question:
Can you mod work in a singleplayer (offline) world?
For now, the single player is a bit buggy (not my fault, it is the way MC works).
I'm planning on looking into it at some point.

View PostNLZ, on 18 November 2013 - 12:31 AM, said:

First time I try to use this, I find this error, using MobiusCore_1.0.1 and Opis_1.0.3b_alpha.
Full log
Can you tell me what could be the problem? Thank you.

I made a mistake when I first packaged v1.0.3b. Please redownload MobiusCore and Opis, and it should solve itself.

#46

NLZ
    NLZ

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:28 AM

View PostProfMobius, on 18 November 2013 - 12:58 AM, said:

I made a mistake when I first packaged v1.0.3b. Please redownload MobiusCore and Opis, and it should solve itself.
Thanks for the quick reply, worked like a charm. :)

#47

ProfMobius

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:38 PM

View PostNLZ, on 18 November 2013 - 10:28 AM, said:

Thanks for the quick reply, worked like a charm. Posted Image
Damn !
I totally forgot to remove those big test pictures ! They are completly unused.
Thank for the recompressed versions !

#48

InsaneJ
    InsaneJ

    Gold Miner

  • Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:59 PM

I've been using Opis for a bit and it's really amazing. There is one thing I haven't been able to track down yet though.

We're updating our mod packs (HappyDiggers AMP and RPG) to Minecraft 1.6.4. On the test server for AMP we've run into a lag issue that we are unable to pin down at this point. Sometimes when a player joins or goes through a portal to another dimension, the server seems to freeze for a few seconds. This doesn't happen always so we can't exactly reproduce it. The server has plenty of free RAM and CPU wise is doing comfortably when the lag spikes don't occur. When a lag spike does occur we see the server thread maxing out on CPU time, but the server's CPU overall isn't nearly at 100%.

I've had Opis running several times when the lag spike occured but wasn't able to see what caused afterwards.

Does anyone know of a way (other then removing mods 1-by-1 and trying again) to determine how much time each mod is using?
Posted Image
HappyDiggers
is a small Minecraft community with several different servers: Adventure, Arena PvE, Feed The Beast, Skyblock, Small World, Towny, Prison, Vanilla and Snapshot.

#49

ProfMobius

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:45 PM

View PostInsaneJ, on 18 November 2013 - 12:59 PM, said:

I've been using Opis for a bit and it's really amazing. There is one thing I haven't been able to track down yet though.

We're updating our mod packs (HappyDiggers AMP and RPG) to Minecraft 1.6.4. On the test server for AMP we've run into a lag issue that we are unable to pin down at this point. Sometimes when a player joins or goes through a portal to another dimension, the server seems to freeze for a few seconds. This doesn't happen always so we can't exactly reproduce it. The server has plenty of free RAM and CPU wise is doing comfortably when the lag spikes don't occur. When a lag spike does occur we see the server thread maxing out on CPU time, but the server's CPU overall isn't nearly at 100%.

I've had Opis running several times when the lag spike occured but wasn't able to see what caused afterwards.

Does anyone know of a way (other then removing mods 1-by-1 and trying again) to determine how much time each mod is using?

It might be entities or some other specific mod codepath. Maybe once I added entities it will be clearer what the prb is.

I quite like the idea of getting a collected list per mod... I need to think on how to implement that.

#50

Normalius
  • Location: EU, HUN
  • Minecraft: Normal69

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:05 PM

deleted

#51

Normalius
  • Location: EU, HUN
  • Minecraft: Normal69

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:49 PM

deleted - I don't know why it reposted

#52

Normalius
  • Location: EU, HUN
  • Minecraft: Normal69

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:55 PM

Hello!

I am on 1.6.2-Forge9.10.1.871, and have around 63 installed mods on the client, they were working perfectly.
As soos as I put in any version of MobiusCore, the client-loading stops, and I am ejected back into the launcher.
Do you know any conflicts or dependencies, which may help?
I uninstalled VoxelMap, because the two mods providing maps for players, with no success of running.

The error is:
Spoiler:

Edit:
Without mods, and with MobiusCore_1.0.0.jar & Opis_1.0.3b_alpha.zip it works,
with mods there is a crash - maybe gregtech is the culprit? (nay, I got it out, the crash still happens)

Spoiler:


#53

JonReed
    JonReed

    Obsidian Miner

  • Members
  • 1239 posts
  • Location: A cubic chunk within the sun.
  • Minecraft: JonReed

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:41 AM

I have run into a bit of an issue. The map is not properly rendering changes to the overworld, causing a flickering effect between what it looked like originally and the change.
There is a rare mythical button called "Search" that likes to answer questions; however, due to its nature, it often blends in with its surroundings so as to remain hidden.
Posted Image

#54

FKasa
    FKasa

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:50 PM

-=! To all bug report posters, please put your logs in spolers  !=-

Below is mine (single player world). Double clicked the slowest block on the list. The block is buried under ground.

Spoiler:


#55

ProfMobius

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:30 PM

View PostNormalius, on 18 November 2013 - 04:55 PM, said:

Hello!

I am on 1.6.2-Forge9.10.1.871, and have around 63 installed mods on the client, they were working perfectly.
As soos as I put in any version of MobiusCore, the client-loading stops, and I am ejected back into the launcher.
Do you know any conflicts or dependencies, which may help?
I uninstalled VoxelMap, because the two mods providing maps for players, with no success of running.


Try to put your logs in spoiler tag and don't repost for each edit.
Error is simple to narrow down. The core mod is made for 1.6.4 and World is one of the few classes that changed names between 1.6.2 & 1.6.4. That's why it is not working

View PostFKasa, on 19 November 2013 - 04:50 PM, said:

-=! To all bug report posters, please put your logs in spolers  !=-

Below is mine (single player world). Double clicked the slowest block on the list. The block is buried under ground.

Spoiler:

That's a new one. Going to check it out.

#56

Blazerider11

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:30 AM

this is a sweet mod/server mod I have always tried to figure out what causes lag on my server now i can find it and fix it. You are an awesome guy and modder

#57

kickingandscreaming

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:05 AM

Wow! What a great mod!
I really appreciate your effort and skills.

I am wondering if there is a way to list the TileEntities by World (DIM)?
It would be useful when determining the problems on a per-world basis. There are sometimes only UpdateTimes from other dimensions when using /opis_te.

Thank you again,
Cheers!

#58

BakermanLP
  • Location: Germany

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:11 PM

Hello,

I want to ask, if I can include your Mods "Opis" and "MobiusCore" in my ModPack?

ModPackName: BakermanLP ModPack 1.6.2
Distribution via: ATLauncher
Minecraft Version: 1.6.4
MainPage (DEV): https://github.com/B...-ModPack-1.6.2/
Licences: https://github.com/B...ter/licences.md
Homepage: http://www.bakermanlp.de

Thank you for reply.

Michael (aka BakermanLP)

#59

ProfMobius

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:54 PM

View Postkickingandscreaming, on 20 November 2013 - 06:05 AM, said:

Wow! What a great mod!
I really appreciate your effort and skills.

I am wondering if there is a way to list the TileEntities by World (DIM)?
It would be useful when determining the problems on a per-world basis. There are sometimes only UpdateTimes from other dimensions when using /opis_te.

Thank you again,
Cheers!

Still have to find a way to handle data reduction better. Lot of things to add :)

View PostBakermanLP, on 20 November 2013 - 12:11 PM, said:

Hello,

I want to ask, if I can include your Mods "Opis" and "MobiusCore" in my ModPack?

ModPackName: BakermanLP ModPack 1.6.2
Distribution via: ATLauncher
Minecraft Version: 1.6.4
MainPage (DEV): https://github.com/B...-ModPack-1.6.2/
Licences: https://github.com/B...ter/licences.md
Homepage: http://www.bakermanlp.de

Thank you for reply.

Michael (aka BakermanLP)
Sure, go ahead. It is under Apache license anyway, so you don't have to ask.
Just be sure to link back here or my blog and give credits.

Cheers !

#60

JonReed
    JonReed

    Obsidian Miner

  • Members
  • 1239 posts
  • Location: A cubic chunk within the sun.
  • Minecraft: JonReed

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:59 AM

Any thoughts on the map view flickering between what seem to be the original and updated map? There is no error log.
There is a rare mythical button called "Search" that likes to answer questions; however, due to its nature, it often blends in with its surroundings so as to remain hidden.
Posted Image