• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.6.4][Server Admin] Opis 1.2.1 - The server admin Companion Cube.

1.6.4 admin

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

ProfMobius

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:10 AM

Welcome to the wonderful world of Opis, the Minecraft Server profiler.This mod is a must-have for any server admin, as it will allow you to spot the chunks which are eating up your TPS, the worse tile entities or simply jump anywhere you want.

Information / Instructions
Opis now has its own wiki page !

Changelog

Opis 1.2.1
Features
  • [TileEntity Timing] “Reset Highlight” button to remove the red box.
  • [Summary] Realtime display of forced & loaded chunks
  • [Summary] Display of the amount of TE & Entities is now realtime
  • [Dimensions] A tab to display all dimensions generic info with possibility to “purge” them from ItemStacks, hostiles & lingering chunks.
  • [Render tabs] Added 2 new tabs to measure rendering time for TEs and Ents.
Bugfixes
  • KillAll button on the Entity Amount tab will now work for both filtered and unfiltered displays.
  • Opis run timestamp is now using proper ISO standard for date.
  • Updates are sent based on a timer and not a tick amount.
  • Loaded chunk array is now splitted before sending to prevent EOS errors.
Other
  • Tick graph is now a real JPanel and not a PNG on a label.
  • Complete refactoring of the profilers for easier addition and use.
  • Complete refactoring of network message handling for easier maintenance.
  • The Swing interface is now completly modular in prevision of a potential API.
Opis v1.2.0
   Can’t even remember what I added changed in this version. This is more or less a full rewrite of the
interface, a global bugfixing and an inclusion of most requests out there.

If you want to check the current set of features, I can only recommand to check here.
This should be considered the beginning of a new age for Opis.

Ho, and btw, here is one entry of the huge changelog :
  • Removed Alpha Tag.
Spoiler:
Installation
You will have to download both MobiusCore 1.1.0 and Opis 1.2.0. Those are available in the download section.Copy both in your mods directory as usual, on the client and the server. You are not required to distribute the client side to your users, unless you want them to have access to the loaded chunk map.

If you are using MapWriter already, REMOVE IT. I'm providing my own modified version along with Opis. If you have both installed at the same time, you will get an error when you start the game. Don't complain, you have been warned.

Thanks
  • Mr_Okushama for the TTF code. Tables would look ugly without it.
  • Player for the highlight code. The mod would be less useful without it.
  • MapWriter, without which I would have never been able to make such a mod.
Video

Patreon
If you like my mods, you can become a Patron on my Patreon webpage. Thanks in advance !

Modpacks
Opis (and all my mods) is distributed under the Apache 2.0 license. It has been for a while. This license means that you can do whatever you want with it (more or less). Also, FTB got a blanket license to include Opis and all my mods in their packs.
Stop asking me if you can include it, YES YOU CAN. That's what the permissive license is for.
Just do the usual link back to this thread or my blog and everything is cool.

Downloads
Get the latest Opis there.
You will also need the latest mobiuscore from there.

Register or log in to remove.

Aridhol
    Aridhol

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Minecraft: joshcantrell08

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:24 AM

Impressive.. I will have to give this a test!

Disconsented

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:46 AM

So what are you planning for this in the future?
Posted ImagePosted Image

deadbuilder1
  • Minecraft: Deadbuilder

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:46 AM

Pretty awesome. A must have for server admins!

ProfMobius

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:49 AM

View PostDisconsented, on 09 November 2013 - 02:46 AM, said:

So what are you planning for this in the future?
Let see... Entity profiling, player list you can jump to with a click, packet profiling (for network lag), maybe fps profiling to find out where the clients are derping, websocket to allow external sites to get the telemetry...
TL;DR A LOT !

Gargant
    Gargant

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:05 AM

Once again, Mobius never seizes to impress, thanks for this!

ProfMobius

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:11 AM

View PostGargant, on 09 November 2013 - 03:05 AM, said:

Once again, Mobius never seizes to impress, thanks for this!
/me bows

the_dmx
    the_dmx

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Minecraft: dmxwyrw

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:19 AM

This is amazing! Anyplans of a backport to 1.5.2?

ma7hatter
    ma7hatter

Out of the Water

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:11 AM

Very nice mod, exactly what I needed.  I assume a config file is on the way?

ProfMobius

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:18 PM

View Postdmxwyrw, on 09 November 2013 - 03:19 AM, said:

This is amazing! Anyplans of a backport to 1.5.2?
Opis is in fact 3 mods (the core, a modified mapwriter and the profiler itself). Backporting would be a real pain. Right now, I will rather focus on new features instead.

View Postma7hatter, on 09 November 2013 - 04:11 AM, said:

Very nice mod, exactly what I needed.  I assume a config file is on the way?
I was planning on puting a config file, but I'm not sure what for (only delay is variable right now).
What would you like to see as configurable ?

ma7hatter
    ma7hatter

Out of the Water

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:59 PM

View PostProfMobius, on 09 November 2013 - 03:18 PM, said:

I was planning on puting a config file, but I'm not sure what for (only delay is variable right now).
What would you like to see as configurable ?

Well, specifically what I was thinking was being able to turn off the minimap (I couldn't see that in the options).  I am making a world where you have to rely on vanilla maps, so the minimap is something I only want when debugging.  In fact, I could probably get by with only using the 'Map' key and not use the minimap at all.

Also, it was a little confusing when you mentioned that you didn't need to distribute the 'client' to the users.  I do not want my users to have the ability to use either map, can you point me in the right direction on how this can be accomplished?

Thanks!

EDIT: It might be worth mentioning, I tried removing the modules from a client that was connecting to my server and it gave me a 'Module not found' error on MapWriter.  Do I have to distribute only one of these files to disable the 'client'?

ProfMobius

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:27 PM

View Postma7hatter, on 09 November 2013 - 08:59 PM, said:

Well, specifically what I was thinking was being able to turn off the minimap (I couldn't see that in the options).  I am making a world where you have to rely on vanilla maps, so the minimap is something I only want when debugging.  In fact, I could probably get by with only using the 'Map' key and not use the minimap at all.
There is a key to turn the minimap on/off. It is by default N iirc. To change things related to MapWriter, check out the mapwriter.cfg file and the corresponding thread.

Also, it was a little confusing when you mentioned that you didn't need to distribute the 'client' to the users.  I do not want my users to have the ability to use either map, can you point me in the right direction on how this can be accomplished?
EDIT: It might be worth mentioning, I tried removing the modules from a client that was connecting to my server and it gave me a 'Module not found' error on MapWriter.  Do I have to distribute only one of these files to disable the 'client'?
Clients do not require mapwriter to be installed. In fact, you don't either. You only need it to see the data collected.
There was a small bug in 1.0.0 where the mod was indeed required, but it has been fixed in 1.0.1 (check the download section again).

If you really don't want your users to use minimaps, I will have to include something in mapwriter to explicitly desactivate it on the client if it is installed. But this will not solve the prb for other minimaps around. Those are client side and you can't really control it.

ma7hatter
    ma7hatter

Out of the Water

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:22 PM

Ok thanks, actually I think with the ability to not give my users the client and the option to turn the minimap off, I have everything I need.  Thanks!

cjm721
    cjm721

Carpenter

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 54 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:33 PM

When profiling is not active how much will this mod use? Does it do a check every tick to see if it is enabled, and if so where is that check placed?

ProfMobius

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:20 PM

View Postcjm721, on 11 November 2013 - 03:33 PM, said:

When profiling is not active how much will this mod use? Does it do a check every tick to see if it is enabled, and if so where is that check placed?

The hooks are directly inside the update loop, so there are 2 tests per TE per Tick.
This shouldn't add much of a burden since it is 8 opcodes.

iPenguinMC

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:29 AM

This is simply amazing! Definitely a necessity for server owners.
Posted Image

themadnun

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:42 PM

ProfMobius, you are a legend. Thanks for this.
themadnun aka PolygonMichael, currently Let's Play-ing through Resonant Rise, learning the newest mods with the other Polygon Alley guys.

Check out our channel and hit subscribe to see more of us failing hilariously

ProfMobius

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:49 PM

@iPenguinMC
@themadnun

Thanks guys :) Always nice when people drop a kind word.
I still have a few cool ideas to add, so stay tuned :)

IAmOmicronYT

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:51 PM

Mobius strikes again! Awesome job! :)

notfood
    notfood

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:43 PM

Thank you for making this great debugging tool. I'm already using it a lot to solve my server issues.

Do you think the changes to MapWritter will be merged into the master?