• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.6.4 FORGE] NetherX v.1.3 - Now with Nether Dungeons!

glutton vanilla forge awesome mod 1.6.4 evil nether challenge

• Please log in to reply
706 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll (133 member(s) have cast votes)

Should I stay in 1.6.4 for a bit longer, or update to 1.7.5?

1. Stay in 1.6.4 (73 votes [54.89%])

Percentage of vote: 54.89%

2. Update to 1.7.5 (17 votes [12.78%])

Percentage of vote: 12.78%

3. Update to 1.7.2 (37 votes [27.82%])

Percentage of vote: 27.82%

4. I don't care. (4 votes [3.01%])

Percentage of vote: 3.01%

5. Other (please specify in the comments) (2 votes [1.50%])

Percentage of vote: 1.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Greenshoes
    Greenshoes

Mathematical Dessert

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • Minecraft: Greenshoes101

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:39 AM

Have you ever felt that The Nether was too boring with nothing to do in it? Then this mod is for you.
NetherX is a large mod made to add more challenges - and rewards - to The Nether, and yet still feel like vanilla. Be warned though, The Nether is harder than ever before, with new monsters looking to tear your face off....
This mod adds new ores, dungeons, mobs, tools, armor, a new liquid, and much more - even a way to obtain water in The Nether!

Also - we have a wiki! Feel free to edit and add more pages.

Download NetherX for Minecraft 1.6.4

An awesome video by TheMiningContrast - check him out!
https://www.youtube....h?v=KXLUQI-ZAjQ

Blocks :
Spoiler:

Mobs:
Spoiler:

Nether Dungeons:
Spoiler:

Using the Execration Table:
Spoiler:

Summoning the Ghast Queen:
Spoiler:

Nether Farming:
Spoiler:

Nether Biomes:
Spoiler:

Miscellaneous:
Spoiler:

Recipes:
Spoiler:

FAQ:
Spoiler:

Mod Support:
Spoiler:

Upcoming Features:
Spoiler:

Installation
Spoiler:

Changelog
Spoiler:

Signatures
Spoiler:

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

kokiboki
    kokiboki

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1183 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:42 AM

Looks great just what I have been looking for

Posted Image

yric277
    yric277

Carpenter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Minecraft: mansioncrafter

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:25 AM

Nice mod mate maybe add some machines to utilize the poison liquid. Maybe make it go into the canning machine from IC2 Experimental? So you can package poison into bottles/cans. Can you also make Soul shards(from Soul Shards 2) work on these new mobs (so i can make an army of pigmen :P) Can you make it to create soul glass that you need to combine an Ichorite shard and soul sand to create the glass cause that recipe conflicts with Gany's Nether mod. Thanks for the mod can't wait to see how it turns out! Will be following this mod!

Flying_Bat

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:35 AM

Nice job.
I hereby give you a cookie. *gives cookie*

Posted Image

SIR3PIC
    SIR3PIC

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:26 PM

Great job!

Greenshoes
    Greenshoes

Mathematical Dessert

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:56 PM

View Postkokiboki, on 07 November 2013 - 02:42 AM, said:

Looks great just what I have been looking for

View PostSIR3PIC, on 07 November 2013 - 12:26 PM, said:

Great job!

View PostFlying_Bat, on 07 November 2013 - 06:35 AM, said:

Nice job.
I hereby give you a cookie. *gives cookie*

Thanks! *eats cookie*
Posted Image

Greenshoes
    Greenshoes

Mathematical Dessert

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:39 PM

Download up and running. Feel free to make a mod review.
Posted Image

OctopuS76

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:00 PM

there is no link or i'm blind?

Posted Image

I always choose sponsored modders downloads. Do the same!

Xentonic
    Xentonic

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 563 posts
  • Minecraft: Xentonic
  • Xbox:Xentonic

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:03 PM

For some reason I cant open the spoilers.... I wanna download it but I wanna know what mess im getting into before I do. Help anyone?
(It shows the spoiler button then more than one 'spoiler box' and when I click show it turns to hide but nothing happens. Yes I did reload the page.)
Check out my Halo GunCus Pack! http://www.minecraft...ncus-halo-pack/
Check out my mod idea! http://www.minecraft...r-with-bending/

Greenshoes
    Greenshoes

Mathematical Dessert

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:50 PM

View PostOctopuS76, on 07 November 2013 - 05:00 PM, said:

there is no link or i'm blind?

The "DOWNLOAD HERE" is hyperlinked to the download.

View PostXentonic, on 07 November 2013 - 05:03 PM, said:

For some reason I cant open the spoilers.... I wanna download it but I wanna know what mess im getting into before I do. Help anyone? (It shows the spoiler button then more than one 'spoiler box' and when I click show it turns to hide but nothing happens. Yes I did reload the page.)

I don't know what it could be... It's working fine for me and I believe it is working fine for everyone else...
Posted Image

Xentonic
    Xentonic

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 563 posts
  • Minecraft: Xentonic
  • Xbox:Xentonic

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:46 PM

Its all good I went on my phone and looked it up. This is going to be interesting.
Check out my Halo GunCus Pack! http://www.minecraft...ncus-halo-pack/
Check out my mod idea! http://www.minecraft...r-with-bending/

IStoleThePies
  • Minecraft: IStoleThePies

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:00 PM

Can I suggest something?
I like the idea of Nether Spiders, and they look really cool. Here's my idea: how about instead of poison, they'd light you on fire. This would be more unique for a spider and would make them much more dangerous. It would also fit the fiery theme of the Nether. Due to their dangerousness, they should not spawn in groups, just like normal spiders.

Also, I think they should have a more original name. For example, the Nether equivalent to Skeletons is Wither Skeletons. Wither is an entirely new name, as opposed to Nether Skeleton. Besides, the whole "Nether ___" is used quite often by mods and is kind of unoriginal at this point. How about something like...Tarantulighter? Ya know, it would light you on fire, and tarantulas are spiders, so...well that's just a suggestion.
Posted Image

Greenshoes
    Greenshoes

Mathematical Dessert

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:19 PM

View PostIStoleThePies, on 07 November 2013 - 10:00 PM, said:

Can I suggest something?
I like the idea of Nether Spiders, and they look really cool. Here's my idea: how about instead of poison, they'd light you on fire. This would be more unique for a spider and would make them much more dangerous. It would also fit the fiery theme of the Nether. Due to their dangerousness, they should not spawn in groups, just like normal spiders.

Also, I think they should have a more original name. For example, the Nether equivalent to Skeletons is Wither Skeletons. Wither is an entirely new name, as opposed to Nether Skeleton. Besides, the whole "Nether ___" is used quite often by mods and is kind of unoriginal at this point. How about something like...Tarantulighter? Ya know, it would light you on fire, and tarantulas are spiders, so...well that's just a suggestion.

Great idea! I like the idea of having tarantulighters in the game. However, then Venomite armor (which gives immunity to poison) has less of a use. I'll put a poll up on the matter.
Posted Image

HackedBotato

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:33 PM

Epic mod! I hope to try it out soon!
I'm an official member of Team Potato! Yay!
Click Me! ↓
Posted Image

FatBobTheSlob

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:17 AM

Any way you could do a modular mod out of this? I personally would like nothing more to have more mobs, but all the ores and other stuff I can do without, because with Better Dungeons 2, Natura and Biomes O Plenty and Ruins, my nether is pretty much saturated when it comes to blocks, ores, strucktures and whatnot.

Mobs though...can never have enough of them.

Greenshoes
    Greenshoes

Mathematical Dessert

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:01 AM

View PostFatBobTheSlob, on 08 November 2013 - 12:17 AM, said:

Any way you could do a modular mod out of this? I personally would like nothing more to have more mobs, but all the ores and other stuff I can do without, because with Better Dungeons 2, Natura and Biomes O Plenty and Ruins, my nether is pretty much saturated when it comes to blocks, ores, strucktures and whatnot.

Mobs though...can never have enough of them.

In one of the next updates, I'm  going to be adding a config, able to cancel any ore from generating and or Vilewood trees. Until then, I guess you will have to just live with the ores, though I'm sure you'll find them pretty useful, especially Ichorite.
Posted Image

IStoleThePies
  • Minecraft: IStoleThePies

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:09 AM

View PostGreenshoes, on 07 November 2013 - 10:19 PM, said:

Great idea! I like the idea of having tarantulighters in the game. However, then Venomite armor (which gives immunity to poison) has less of a use. I'll put a poll up on the matter.
Oh, maybe Venomite could prevent against a new mob! We could have the Killer Spider, which is the same size as the normal Spider, but uses the same idea you had for the Nether Spider. They would spawn somewhat uncommonly compared to Tarantulighters (kind of like how Endermen are somewhat uncommon at night compared to Skeletons), but would have their own spawners in Nether Fortresses. The spawners there could be guarded by cobwebs, much like Abandoned Mineshafts. Anyways, these guys are pretty nasty and have 12 health, so the Nether would have a better challenge. Wither Jockeys (Wither Skeletons like Spider Jockeys) could now very rarely appear with Killer Spiders instead of normal spiders (they actually can spawn with normal spiders in vanilla). This way, fans of the old and the new can both enjoy this.
Posted Image

Greenshoes
    Greenshoes

Mathematical Dessert

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:46 AM

View PostIStoleThePies, on 08 November 2013 - 01:09 AM, said:

Oh, maybe Venomite could prevent against a new mob! We could have the Killer Spider, which is the same size as the normal Spider, but uses the same idea you had for the Nether Spider. They would spawn somewhat uncommonly compared to Tarantulighters (kind of like how Endermen are somewhat uncommon at night compared to Skeletons), but would have their own spawners in Nether Fortresses. The spawners there could be guarded by cobwebs, much like Abandoned Mineshafts. Anyways, these guys are pretty nasty and have 12 health, so the Nether would have a better challenge. Wither Jockeys (Wither Skeletons like Spider Jockeys) could now very rarely appear with Killer Spiders instead of normal spiders (they actually can spawn with normal spiders in vanilla). This way, fans of the old and the new can both enjoy this.

That is an amazing idea! If you have any other great ideas like this, please, please, PM me them. Perhaps they could be called Venom Mites, or Poison Spiders, as "Killer" Spiders might not be the best fitting name.

You have completely swayed my opinion.
Posted Image

Dr_Sideburns
  • Minecraft: Dr_Sideburns

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:55 AM

Nice! This is maybe my favorite new mod. I'll definitely keep this in mind if I want to make a modpack (I'd ask permission of course Posted Image ).

+1

Posted Image

PoisonDagger
  • Minecraft: PoiSoNDagger273

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:44 AM

Looking great Greenshoes! I'm definitely downloading this! *Prepares for mod showcase video*

Posted Image

Quote me if you want me to read your reply!

My Youtube Channel

I play Minecraft & Starbound over there!