Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Wither Skull ID for Command Block?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Milocricket
  • Minecraft: Milocricket

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:11 PM

I'm need to spawn a wither skull with the setblock command, so I tried    setblock x y z 144 1 1   but it only spawns a skeleton skull.  How do I make it spawn a wither skull?
Hey, I wonder what happens if you click that little green arrow at the bottom right-hand corner of my post... try clicking it!Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Skylinerw
    Skylinerw

Sectional Moderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • 3595 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:38 PM

View PostMilocricket, on 06 November 2013 - 09:11 PM, said:

I'm need to spawn a wither skull with the setblock command, so I tried    setblock x y z 144 1 1   but it only spawns a skeleton skull.  How do I make it spawn a wither skull?

Firstly, your syntax is incorrect. Proper syntax:

/setblock X Y Z <Block Name> [Damage Value] [Old Block Handling] {DataTags}

You have a "1" where the old block handling goes. This will not affect your current command, though. As well, you should avoid using numerical IDs because they are being removed in the future, thus you'll be using the id of "skull".

Placed skulls have a tag called SkullType. You use this to change the type of skull. The damage value will be the orientation of the skull instead:

setblock ~ ~1 ~ skull 1 destroy {SkullType:1}

For more information on NBT format for tile entities: http://minecraft.gam...e_Entity_Format

Versepelles
  • Minecraft: VulpisNoctis

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:39 PM

View PostMilocricket, on 06 November 2013 - 09:11 PM, said:

Try:
/setblock ~ ~1 ~ minecraft:skull 1 destroy {SkullType:1}

EDIT: ninja'd
Posted Image

Milocricket
  • Minecraft: Milocricket

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:57 PM

I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand what the tilde's are for.
Hey, I wonder what happens if you click that little green arrow at the bottom right-hand corner of my post... try clicking it!Posted Image

Versepelles
  • Minecraft: VulpisNoctis

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:59 PM

View PostMilocricket, on 06 November 2013 - 10:57 PM, said:

I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand what the tilde's are for.

Tildes are relative coordinates (and tildes followed by nothing are equivalent to ~0), so the above commands would both set a skull ~0 ~1 ~0 from the command block, which would be 1 block above it. Conversely, leaving off the tildes means that you would be using absolute coordinates, so this command would set a skull at the origin of the map, coordinate (0, 0, 0):
/setblock 0 0 0 minecraft:skull 1 destroy {SkullType:1}

Simply replace the zeroes in this command if you know the coordinates of the block you wish to set.
Posted Image