• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

"Wolf" - Breathtaking

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

TheSheWolf

Posted 16 March 2011 - 06:29 AM

Hello folks!  I've registered for the forums just to post this gorgeous map to you.  Apologies if it's already been found, but I haven't seen it if it has!

Seed: Wolf

A picture is worth a thousand words, so I've uploaded an entire album full for your viewing pleasure here.

Posted Image

This Map's Features:

* Tons and tons of gorgeous overhangs and archways (this seems more the rule than the exception with this seed)
* Lots of mountains and waterfalls
* A huge wide, flat snowy tundra
* Snowy pine forests
* Lots of natural, surface-exposed caves
* Tons of resources--many trees, plenty of surface-exposed coal and iron, clay, pumpkins, reeds etc

Also Found:

* At least one near-surface dungeon (near -204, -672 I've heard dungeon sounds--haven't found it yet)
* Rolling meadows with ponds
* A large gravel pit alongside a large sand pit

Surface Lava Pool (find credit to bionicsniper):

X:-66
Y: 70
Z: 529

Once again:

Seed: Wolf
Coordinates to get you started: -487x, -73z  *or* -650x, -41z

Here's hoping I'm not doing it wrong :Diamond:  
Enjoy!

~TheSheWolf

(Edit: edited coords, thought they worked like real coords :GoldBar: )

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

pashow
    pashow

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • Minecraft: edo3

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:27 AM

This seed is absolutely magnificent, really. Thanks for sharing, now i have an urge to build.
Edit: i am gonna build a series of lookout towers on the overhangs and link them through bridges, then i will create pools using the waterfalls to create an artificial lake, then i will create a castle in the middle of the artificial lake, using the remaining water as a protection, and link the castle to the lookout towers on the overhangs. It's gonna be insane!
Posted Image
I write a lot of stories based on Minecraft, wich don't get much views. Though, i'm happy with that.

Aphrodite
    Aphrodite

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 4220 posts
  • Minecraft: amz

Posted 16 March 2011 - 01:55 PM

This is...  simply...

wow

woah

Yep, definate main save now.

CrazyCat

Posted 16 March 2011 - 03:17 PM

Not getting this. Did you name the world Wolf and the seed Wolf?
Posted Image

TheSheWolf

Posted 16 March 2011 - 04:26 PM

Glad you guys enjoy it :--+:  I know I am.

And I didn't know the world name mattered; the seed is "Wolf," and I think I named the world "Wolf Map" or some such.

Posted Image

arentol
    arentol

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 04:28 PM

You need to give us the X and Z Coordinates. Y is your HEIGHT, which is entirely useless to us.

TheSheWolf

Posted 16 March 2011 - 04:42 PM

I have a few screenshots in that album with coords of specific places :GoldBar:  (I thought the coords worked cartesian style--in reality I think Z is altitude? OH well!)

Posted Image

arentol
    arentol

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 04:56 PM

Thanks for the update on the coordinates. That helps a lot.

Truestep
    Truestep

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 215 posts
  • Location: Willamette watershed, Oregon, Pacific Rim, Sol 3, Western Spiral Arm, Milky Way.

Posted 16 March 2011 - 06:13 PM

CrazyCat said:

Not getting this. Did you name the world Wolf and the seed Wolf?

Contrary to rumors, the World Name has no effect on anything the map generator does. It's just a handy label to help you remember which world is which, in your big list of saved game files.
Optimized controls: A-sneak, E-forward, D-back, S-left, F-right, H-haze(fog), C-craft(inventory)
Guide to finding updated video drivers

Alawolf
    Alawolf

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • Minecraft: Alawolf

Posted 16 March 2011 - 06:23 PM

Amazing :iapprove:! I found lava next to the 2 water falls seen in the pic.. It's on the right side.

TheSheWolf

Posted 17 March 2011 - 08:37 AM

Awesome.  I found some too--I'm not sure if it's the same as what you found; it's semi-underground but fairly visible from the surface, sort of a large open cave.

I've heard dungeons in QUITE a few places, too, from the surface--and found several medium-sized cavern systems with various waterfalls and whatnot.  However, as I'm god-awful at following the Minecraft dungeon noises (I'd *swear* they come from exactly the wrong direction lol), I haven't been able to pinpoint any spawners.

Posted Image

circlepuddle
  • Location: on a snow dessert, with my pigs, enchanting potions
  • Minecraft: startacker

Posted 17 March 2011 - 10:56 AM

to find the dungeon use the F3 key to see the mob's number like for example:

:P

TheSheWolf

Posted 17 March 2011 - 11:19 AM

I did that; however, with the distance from which you can hear a dungeon and the sheer number of mobs living in the caves surrounding it, it becomes nigh-on impossible to pick it out :(

Thanks anyway, though ^^

Posted Image

Quazimortal

Posted 17 March 2011 - 11:52 AM

arentol said:

You need to give us the X and Z Coordinates. Y is your HEIGHT, which is entirely useless to us.
What the hell? Have you ever taken a geometry class before? Height is always the Z axis.
Fighting ignorance and false information one post at a time.
For the record if I correct you it's not meant maliciously, but if you whine about it I AM laughing at you.

MasterOatmeal

Posted 17 March 2011 - 01:50 PM

My God.
That tundra alone.

arentol
    arentol

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 02:57 PM

Quazimortal said:

arentol said:

What the hell? Have you ever taken a geometry class before? Height is always the Z axis.

No it isn't. Those designations are 100% arbitrary.

For instance, in this game Y is "height".

Aphrodite
    Aphrodite

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 4220 posts
  • Minecraft: amz

Posted 17 March 2011 - 03:08 PM

Found surface exposed lava! Coords coming later.

TheSheWolf

Posted 17 March 2011 - 03:51 PM

Yah, in real life Z is height (Cartesian coordinates I think they're called)--for orienteering or diagrams or what have you.  For some reason, in Minecraft, Z is direction, which is part of what threw me off entirely when originally posting them :)

I look forward to seeing the coords for the lava lake/pool.  If anyone finds anything of interest in this world, post coords if you can, or even pics--I'm still exploring and looking forward to see what else people find!  :D

Posted Image

Mauchais
    Mauchais

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 05:07 PM

This place is amazing...

However, because of my constant spawn point in an icy tundra five minutes away from trees, I can't use it effectively. :Zombie:
Maybe if beds become spawn points, I'll use it.
~Mau

CrazyCat

Posted 17 March 2011 - 06:03 PM

Here is my spawn point pics. Coords are on the pics.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image