• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[Creation] Tykens Texture Testmap (1.1.0) (Update coming "soon")

• Please log in to reply
238 replies to this topic

Tyken132
    Tyken132

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2322 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 01:34 AM

Are you a texture pack artist? or simply someone wanting to view the best of each texture pack has to offer in a beautiful setting?

Well I've got the perfect thing for you. My Texturepack Test world includes a massive showroom filled with displays for every single block and item in the game. No only that but it also includes a "Zoo" for every hostile and friendly creature in our beautiful, blocky world.

Not enough you say? Well of course not! It also includes an Art gallery which shows off every hand crafted painting in your texture pack as well as an "ore wall" which shows off all of your ore blocks in a natural, smooth stone setting to see how natural it looks. Also included is a rainbow wool wall!

Still not enough? Well its a good thing for you there's more. It also includes a bunker filled with nearly limitless stacks of every item and block in the game which you can use on the large, flat world above to build or test to your hearts desire! There is also an Enchanting and Brewing station which includes stacks of armor and weapons of every type for you to test multiple enchants on, as well as chests full of every alchemical ingredient as well as multiple brewing stands.

Last, but not least.The level of your character has also been raised to level 99,999 for you to test out as many enchantments as you could possibly hope for!

Download
Survival mode
Creative Mode

Planet Minecraft Link
http://www.planetmin...t-world-440275/

Sample Pictures
Spoiler:

1.1.0 Features
Added Mob Eggs

1.0.0 Features
Added New egg and crystal for display.
Re-organized a bit to have a more compact and nicer design.
Added a new wing which includes an efficient enchanting table to get the highest enchants, as well as an alchemy station filled with tons of brewing stands, all the alchemy ingredients, empty chests for storage, and a chest with weapons and armor to use at the enchanting table.
I also raised the player level to 99,999 so you can now test out all the enchants you could possibly want!

Register or log in to remove.

Mattarias
    Mattarias

Stone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 93 posts
  • Minecraft: Mattarias

Posted 15 March 2011 - 02:51 AM

Wow, this looks pretty sweet! I'll download it, give it a run-through. Heck, this might be what I use for showing off my texture pack! Great job. :GoldBar:

:brick:
Ex incendia et flamma.

Krayloon

Posted 15 March 2011 - 03:10 AM

Improvements. -add gold ore
                       -delete duplicate coal ore
                       -add iron block
                       - add blue wool

Other than that, pretty good map. Good job Tyken

Tyken132
    Tyken132

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2322 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 03:35 AM

Mattarias said:

Wow, this looks pretty sweet! I'll download it, give it a run-through. Heck, this might be what I use for showing off my texture pack! Great job. :Notch:

:cobblestone:

Thanks, one reason I made it was to test out textures myself, as well as help texture pack developers, I thought it'd be a very handy tool for such things.

Krayloon said:

Improvements. -add gold ore
                       -delete duplicate coal ore
                       -add iron block
                       -add blue wool

Other than that, pretty good map. Good job Tyken

Fixed and added signs, much more plans still to come.

Krayloon

Posted 15 March 2011 - 04:53 AM

A handy thing to have would be a wall of smooth stone with ores inlayed in it to help check and see the tileability of the ores.

Tyken132
    Tyken132

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2322 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 04:54 AM

Krayloon said:

A handy thing to have would be a wall of smooth stone with ores inlayed in it to help check and see the tileability of the ores.

I think i'll add it in, question is, should I add it in addtion to the ones I already have? or remove those and just put it into the wall?

Krayloon

Posted 15 March 2011 - 05:15 AM

Tyken132 said:

Krayloon said:

I think I'll add it in, question is, should I add it in addition to the ones I already have? or remove those and just put it into the wall?
I would add the wall and keep the cubes. There needs to be a balance between the looks of one type of ore by itself and with a group of that type. So... what I'm trying to say is you don't (usually*) find ores by themselves in Minecraft. But making sure that an ore isn't a weird contrast from smooth stone is important too.

Gestankfaust
  • Minecraft: Gestankfaust

Posted 15 March 2011 - 06:25 AM

I completely love it. I'll make a video of my new pack using it and give ya the credit

:iapprove:

Posted Image
"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to...."

Tyken132
    Tyken132

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2322 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 07:08 AM

Gestankfaust said:

I completely love it. I'll make a video of my new pack using it and give ya the credit

:chestfront:

If you like it now, just wait till I add in more of the planned features and of course it'll only improve with time.

Krayloon said:

I would add the wall and keep the cubes. There needs to be a balance between the looks of one type of ore by itself and with a group of that type. So... what I'm trying to say is you don't (usually*) find ores by themselves in Minecraft. But making sure that an ore isn't a weird contrast from smooth stone is important too.

Thanks, feed back does help alot. I'll add in a wall of ores in addition to the blocks.

pocketmonster100
  • Minecraft: ThePocketSoul

Posted 15 March 2011 - 10:54 PM

Tip dont hit tnt :D

Tyken132
    Tyken132

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2322 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 03:26 AM

pocketmonster100 said:

Tip dont hit tnt :D

Lol, I put a sign up in the most recent version.

NightHawk429

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:14 PM

I'm creating a Fallout themed texture pack and this is exactly what I needed THANK YOU!!!!
:obsidian:  :obsidian:  :grass:  :obsidian:
Posted Image

It's coming...

BillyTingle
    BillyTingle

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1122 posts
  • Minecraft: BillyTingle

Posted 17 March 2011 - 12:14 AM

This map is excellent. Thanks!

In the middle ages, pink was a manly color!
Posted Image

BillyTingle
    BillyTingle

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1122 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 05:08 PM

Uhh... I redownloaded it (the zip), and I have not found any of those new features.

Also, I think you're missing pine tree leaves.

Posted Image

PhanTango
  • Minecraft: PhanTango

Posted 17 March 2011 - 07:17 PM

Tyken, you seriously come up with some great ideas. Nice job!

Grugsy
    Grugsy

Glowstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 3180 posts
  • Minecraft: Grugsy
  • Xbox:Grugsy

Posted 17 March 2011 - 07:20 PM

totally using this...getting really sick of testing everything on the standard test track
Posted Image

Tyken132
    Tyken132

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2322 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 02:24 AM

BillyTingle said:

Uhh... I redownloaded it (the zip), and I have not found any of those new features.

That's cause I haven't finished yet, just mentioned future features added to this map. Should be "done" with those features tonight.

BillyTingle
    BillyTingle

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1122 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 02:46 AM

Tyken132 said:

BillyTingle said:

That's cause I haven't finished yet, just mentioned future features added to this map. Should be "done" with those features tonight.

*Facepalm*

Haha, of course.

Posted Image

Tyken132
    Tyken132

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2322 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 05:00 AM

V2.0 is out, check out the new features. I worked really hard on them.

Tyken132
    Tyken132

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2322 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 09:34 PM

Fixed a few really minor things, not worth noting.