Latest News Article

IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

disconnected

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Determiner
  • Minecraft: Determiner

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:25 PM

I'm getting random disconnects from the server I play on, with the following message:
IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

Client is 1.7.2, server too. I can connect just fine, and everything seems smooth until I suddenly get disconnected. It happens irregularly, but most of the time I can play for about 20-30 minutes in between disconnects. Sometimes I've lost items upon reconnecting.

I've been having random disconnects since a few weeks before the update, with the 1.6.4 client, but I think it gave me a different error message, which I can't remember. The above message has been appearing since 1.7.2.

My Java is up to date, I'm on Windows 7 (64bit) with an otherwise very stable 100mbit connection.

I've looked elsewhere and on these forums, but the only threads mentioning this error message are about outdated clients not being able to connect at all.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Register or log in to remove.

Gangsir
    Gangsir

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 527 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:27 PM

This is a common problem with big servers. you just need to wait for mojang to sort out the networking.
Feel free to pm me about any concerns,corrections,or questions.
I do redstone, pvp, light map making, enjoy sweet tea, and I'm a Leo.
If I helped, Up-vote my post please.
Quote me if you require my attention.

Determiner

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:29 AM

Thanks, but apparently other people on the server aren't affected by it, so I assumed something's wrong on my side. Maybe your answer still applies, but I was hoping someone could give me more than "fingers crossed and hope it goes away soon", hehe.

MechaAdster
  • Minecraft: adster77

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:40 PM

My server is experiencing this too, and it's a BungeeCord. Perhaps a BungeeCord problem?

Extreme_Heat

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:13 PM

View PostGangsir, on 30 October 2013 - 09:27 PM, said:

There is nothing wrong with it.

View PostDeterminer, on 31 October 2013 - 10:29 AM, said:

Hi,

That is because either the server it's self abort the connection (unlikely) or the server you are trying to play on has not been updated to 1.7.2.

The other users may be playing on an older version.

Forum Rules - Need live support? Try #minecrafthelp!

If you expect a reply, please quote my posts!

mishrathium

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:00 AM

There is something wrong which Mojang has open tickets on.

lceEye
    lceEye

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 749 posts
  • Minecraft: lceEye

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:48 PM

i get this error whenever im in a boat and crash from other reasons. i then can never join the server again. it is very frustrating.

Posted Image

Determiner

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:40 PM

View PostExtreme_Heat, on 02 November 2013 - 07:13 PM, said:

There is nothing wrong with it.

Hi,

That is because either the server it's self abort the connection (unlikely) or the server you are trying to play on has not been updated to 1.7.2.

The other users may be playing on an older version.

The server has definitely been updated to 1.7.2, and I can connect just fine.

More information: when I reconnect, I can still see chat messages etc. from before the disconnect happens, I actually see "Determiner has left the game" in the chat box, but no "Determiner has joined" the game. The player overview doesn't list me either, until it updates after a short while. Then it's another 20 or so minutes before it happens again. One other player on the server, from the same region as I, had the same problem, but it actually happened every other minute to him for about a day.

Once, I actually saw my avatar still standing there, and I was able to kill myself. Which is funny, but shouldn't happen, especially since it meant I got a copy of every item I was carrying at the time.

I will check if the server is a BungeeCord server, thanks for mentioning that MechaAdster.

Cinnamonfur

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:32 PM

That's happening to me too, except it disconnects me within a few seconds. The server I'm trying to go on has been getting DDoSed, but it happened last night and it hadn't disconnected me THAT often. It's really irritating, but others seem to be staying on it just fine.

Entrt4inment

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:36 PM

I ave thsi problem too. I play on WoodyCraft and it only happens when I am connected to a router and my dad's place. When at my mum's place it never happens to me so maybe it is something to do with your internet connection/router.

Pooploser98
  • Minecraft: Pooploser982
  • Xbox:Pooploser982

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:00 PM

Well, since Bukkit hasn't updated to 1.7.2 fully yet, people have been using this off-brand piece of sh-- work that has a lot more kinks than bukkit, but people don't realize it. IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host is caused by coding errors in it's registry. In simple terms, it thinks that you are still logged in when you aren't. This error will most likely occur in Hub servers, or a central server with multiple other servers connected to it, and this is because of 2 reasons... A.) there is more room for more registry errors, B.) From what I have seen, Hub servers are generally buggy all-together! You are going to have to wait until Bukkit 1.7.2 is fully released if you want a full experience on a server.

Also, if you aren't crashing on a server with that error, then it is probably using the testing version of Bukkit 1.7.2, because the owners are smart. :D

nomnom911
  • Minecraft: nomnom911

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:09 AM

I'm having this same problem when my sister connects to my LAN world.
Posted Image [SSSS]

jasondennis74

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:20 PM

I have the newest server (1.7.2) running on a windows 7 machine on a public ip, where I enabled passthrough on the router so that my family can connect to it. Not just the ones living with me, but elsewhere as well. It was working "perfectly" up until 1.7.2. I updated the server executiable on the server, and have double/triple checked it is using the latest. I have it adjusted to use 2gb of RAM, but have tried it with default, 512, 1gb, and still experience this issue.

We get this exact same disconnect, always after about 20-30 minutes of playing. All of us get it at at the same time. More than a little frustrating when I just shelled out the money for the license for everyone in the last 60 days (so over $100), and then it started doing this....

At the most, 4 people are connected at a time. We aren't exactly overtaxing this thing.

We spend hours playing in the evening. And all of us, every 20-30 minutes, get disconnected. Wait about 10 seconds and can reconnect with no problem.

Have lost ALOT of items due to this. Finally enabled creative mode even though we were stubbornly refusing just because of how many times the game has screwed us over with this.

Would love any suggestion of something to try, unless this is truly just a bug and we are waiting for a patch.

iJuno
    iJuno

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:15 PM

I'm having a lot of trouble connecting to the big hub servers and getting this error. I recently reset my router and nothing really changed. We do have a lot of devices connected to the internet, maybe that is the reason? I just really want to get onto the Crewniverse server since I just put in money for a rank and barely got to play. Tried connecting to other big servers and I got the same error, so I'm not sure what to do?

I also noticed yesterday, the day I was disconnected and haven't been able to get on since, I was AFK for long periods of time. Maybe it has something to do with it? Please if anyone knows how to fix this reply ASAP.

JackzMc
    JackzMc

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Minecraft: TheCoolGuy123_5

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:02 PM

I'm having this problem. I have "extended" internet now, and it happened every since we got our extended internet. I have to use wired connection [microsoft windows update broke my wireless card], and so I can't switch...
Jackz Craft Server Owner

Posted Image

Extreme_Heat

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:43 PM

View Postmishrathium, on 06 November 2013 - 03:00 AM, said:

There is something wrong which Mojang has open tickets on.

Nope, not that I know of there are no valid reports.

View PostlceEye, on 07 November 2013 - 09:48 PM, said:

i get this error whenever im in a boat and crash from other reasons. i then can never join the server again. it is very frustrating.

Ah, then this is probably because the server has "player-idle-timeout" set to a certain amount, that the game is thinking you are "idle".

Ask the server owners to increase the timeout.

View Postjasondennis74, on 30 November 2013 - 10:20 PM, said:

Hi,

What do you have set for "player-idle-timeout" in your server.properties?

Can you provide the server logs when you get the issue?

View PostiJuno, on 01 December 2013 - 04:15 PM, said:

Hi,

That server seems to be down, but can you try connecting to a vanilla server?

View PostTheCoolGuy123_5_Minecraft_, on 08 December 2013 - 09:02 PM, said:

Hi,

Do you have another computer on your network that is capable of playing the game?

Forum Rules - Need live support? Try #minecrafthelp!

If you expect a reply, please quote my posts!

Agarthan
  • Minecraft: Agarthan

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:35 AM

View Postnomnom911, on 30 November 2013 - 10:09 AM, said:

I'm having this same problem when my sister connects to my LAN world.

I'm having this problem while trying to play LAN as well so it's not just happening with bigger servers, it's also happening on 7.2 and 7.4, but not 6.4

JackzMc
    JackzMc

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Minecraft: TheCoolGuy123_5

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:46 PM

View PostExtreme_Heat, on 08 December 2013 - 10:43 PM, said:

Hi,

Do you have another computer on your network that is capable of playing the game?

My brother computer gets it like once every 2-3 days, I get it like 5-20 minutes.
I would like to play on my computer, (mine gaming, his not).
I think it's a problem on my end, everything disconnects for a split second, every since we got an extended internet.
I'm trying to get my parents to change the extended internet, but I need wired connection (because of microsoft...)

So mostly, I think it's my side of the problem...
Jackz Craft Server Owner

Posted Image

Krexen
    Krexen

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • Minecraft: Krexen

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:01 PM

-removed-

Edited by Krexen, 01 January 2014 - 07:24 PM.

Posted Image

Determiner

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:14 AM

It's still happening to me, regardless of server. Super annoying.

Fresh java installs, fresh minecraft installs, ports forwarded, etc. Nothing helps. This didn't happen on 1.6.x, so I'm pretty sure some of the "improved" netcode is to blame.