Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[32x][1.7.x] DokuCraft 2.5 [Free to use]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7586 replies to this topic

choihoiching

Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:20 AM

View PostNoobfromDk, on 07 July 2011 - 10:27 AM, said:

Can't get this to work on 1.7.2 <.< its still 1.7?

1.7 as in minecraft version or texture pack version? because if it's the game version. it works.
What happens if you get really, really excited seeing your girlfriend while wearing diamond leggings?
Posted Image
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

NoobfromDk

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:13 PM

"I cant get this to work on the minecraft 1.7.2, is the texture pack still 1.7" Thats what i meant :P
Posted Image

Yebittendog
  • Minecraft: Yebittendog

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:22 PM

Hey Doku. I would love to see an update to show us what you're working on. Armor, Mobs? Anything. Thanks for this amazing pack and keep up the stunning work!

recneps4444
  • Minecraft: recneps4444

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:23 PM

View PostNoobfromDk, on 07 July 2011 - 01:13 PM, said:

"I cant get this to work on the minecraft 1.7.2, is the texture pack still 1.7" Thats what i meant :P
no new textures were added in 1.7.2... DokuCraft works fine with it... use the patcher (again)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

blackpandemic

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:31 PM

View PostCheimon, on 07 July 2011 - 09:56 AM, said:

This entire forum is full of people doing the exact opposite.  I don't see you complaining, and I think the guy's perfectly reasonable to say he doesn't like it.  I can completely understand it and it's what the forum is for: sharing opinions.

I just think if you're going to say you don't like it, say why. It may be the graphic designer in me, but having a client say "Oh I don't like that" and then have no reason except "I don't know, I just don't like it" is the most frustrating thing in the world. :)
Posted Image
^ Check out my YouTube channel! Always looking for community feedback!

straxael
    straxael

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 805 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 02:31 PM

In response to those asking about what doku is working on; I hope he is working on something, because he last mentioned he would update the pack when inspiration hits him. :)

Posted Image

ANARKY
    ANARKY

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1234 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 05:07 PM

View PostCheimon, on 07 July 2011 - 09:56 AM, said:

This entire forum is full of people doing the exact opposite.  I don't see you complaining, and I think the guy's perfectly reasonable to say he doesn't like it.  I can completely understand it and it's what the forum is for: sharing opinions.

He doesnt just say he doesnt like it, he tries to get people to stop using it.

"I really wish people turned to a more deserving texture pack instead"

More deserving? B**** YOUR GETTING THIS FOR FREE.

PhanTango
  • Minecraft: PhanTango

Posted 07 July 2011 - 05:27 PM

Guys. This is a texture pack thread. Let's stop complaining about each other and just comment on the pack and it's good(/bad) features. If you've got something bad to say about the pack, say what you think is wrong and what you would do to improve it, not just "Omg this pak sux!". And if you like it, say what you like about it! :)

Sonlen
    Sonlen

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • Minecraft: Sonlen_DX

Posted 07 July 2011 - 06:13 PM

How about instead of spamming insults and whatnot to this thread, make a new one so that those of us who like the pack don't have to put up with spamming idiots with nothing to back up what they say.

Posted Image

sNYYped
    sNYYped

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Minecraft: snyyped

Posted 07 July 2011 - 06:24 PM

I keep having issues with the armor in the texture pack. Namely the iron chestplate which doesn't seem to show up at all on my character. Overall though, I love this texture pack.
Charcoal - The most underrated, unappreciated thing in minecraft. Try spending a whole night without finding any coal, then talk.

budsharpe

Posted 07 July 2011 - 06:44 PM

View Poststraxael, on 07 July 2011 - 02:31 PM, said:

In response to those asking about what doku is working on; I hope he is working on something, because he last mentioned he would update the pack when inspiration hits him. :)
I hope he's inspired soon. A Doku sneak peak is the only post that seems to halt the bickering for a few pages.
Posted Image

Nomelas
    Nomelas

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:41 PM

anyone still have the wildgrass textures for this pack? i seemed to have misplaced mine

DeCiWolf
  • Minecraft: CvD_DeCi

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:29 PM

View PostPhanTango, on 07 July 2011 - 05:27 PM, said:

Guys. This is a texture pack thread. Let's stop complaining about each other and just comment on the pack and it's good(/bad) features. If you've got something bad to say about the pack, say what you think is wrong and what you would do to improve it, not just "Omg this pak sux!". And if you like it, say what you like about it! :)

This ^. Now stop complaining. Dont like it? Get a different texture pack. Or maybe i dont know... MAKE YOUR OWN. :rolleyes:
Im starting to get really tired of all this Bullshit in this thread. I hope Doku can handle it because i couldnt.
[[-Help Raise My Dragons By Giving it A Click. Thanks!-]]Posted Image

zapness
    zapness

Carpenter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Minecraft: Zapness

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:34 PM

This is my new favourite texture pack! It's really well done!
Posted Image

FrigginSandvich

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:34 PM

View Postcaseyds620, on 07 July 2011 - 01:44 AM, said:

Word that come to mind when seeing DokuCraft:
Overhyped, Overrated.

I really wish people turned to a more deserving texture pack instead of making Doku 100's of dollars on this pack. Remember Last Days? That was awesome, but Doku stopped it :(
This pack looks fucking amazing, what's the problem? Last Days was his work as well, why is that so much better?

FrigginSandvich

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:38 PM

View Postblackpandemic, on 07 July 2011 - 01:31 PM, said:

I just think if you're going to say you don't like it, say why. It may be the graphic designer in me, but having a client say "Oh I don't like that" and then have no reason except "I don't know, I just don't like it" is the most frustrating thing in the world. :)
It is, but here's something: The only reason people are bashing this dude on saying he hates it is because they all like it, if he were to do the exact same thing on a crappy texture pack, nobody but the creator would be cross with him. Yet he does the exact same thing on the exact same forum, and even though also I respond negatively to him I think we're kind of fanboying him and this thread up too much.

Nomelas
    Nomelas

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:50 PM

View PostFrigginSandvich, on 07 July 2011 - 09:38 PM, said:

I think we're kind of fanboying him and this thread up too much.

QFT. Don't take it personally if someone disagrees with your personal views on this pack.

straxael
    straxael

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 805 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 10:28 PM

Last Days had potential, but I always felt its theme was too ambitious and unorthodox as a mere skin. I felt the art direction, back story and game element substitution in particular was deserving of its own game if anything. I think comparisons between Last Days and DokuCraft are irrelevant because thematically they are very dissimilar.

It may not appeal to some, but DokuCraft has garnered over 450K downloads. This significant figure speaks volumes about DokuCraft's popularity. It's a simple yet aesthetic pack that is easier on the eye than the vanilla textures, at any rate.

Posted Image

worzel666
  • Minecraft: worzel666

Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:20 PM

A hammer would be easier on the eye than the default textures.
If you care about grammar, add this to your signature!

Buggy_Guy!
  • Minecraft: impulseuser

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:19 AM

I'm using the patcher but pistons still won't show up though it says on the front page he has added them, anyone know what the deal is?
Posted Image