266 replies to this topic

Tiramo
    Tiramo

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 969 posts
  • Minecraft: Tiramo

Posted 14 March 2011 - 08:56 PM

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Portal: GLaDOS' End

Posted Image

[url=http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=224718&view=viewpoll][img]http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5053/5533226140_53286a375f.jpg[/img][/url]
If you want to keep me building, than support me by adding the banner to your signature!

Banner by: Jumbify's Banner Shop
Link to Jumbify's Banner Shop: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=197897

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Downloads

Download BETA V.3

Download Portal 2 Gun Sounds

Old Versions:
- Download BETA V.2

News

- STOPPED!
Yes, after a LOT of downloading undelete programs none of them seemed to work...
I just found out that I could just select recover files in the recycle bin itself (*facepalming even harder*)
I want to thank EVERYONE for there support while I was building the map and If anyone wants to be a beta tester for the mod I'm gonna make when I start modding, just pm me! (also pm me if you want a sneakpeak of the mod)
If I somehow fail at modding(which is not that weird with a laptop that opens everything with nodepad) then I will go back to mapping and create a portal 2 map.

Portal: GLaDOS' End has in total been downloaded over 10000 times!!! And still counting!!!
I want to thank EVERYONE for that!!!

- INCREDIBLY BAD NEWS!!!
BETA V.4 will NEVER be coming!!! I recently started learning on how to mod, and I was doing well so far, but when I needed to decompile the files it wouldn't work, to make a long story short: to make it work I deleted my WHOLE .minecraft file, including my saves which did NOT backup!!! I'm punching my face against the wall now, which I'll be doing for the next 3 months... this was such a catostrophy that I stopped developing the map...
BETA V.4 was a WHOLE new map, so I can't just go back to the previous state...
but... to not make it sort of even I uploaded portal 2 gun sounds for you people to download(check the downloads)
If too many peoplw are dissapointed by me stopping then I will try to continuw anyway, if not... then I'll quit developing this map for EVER and go to becoming a modder...

there is also a sunny side of the story: other map developers now have less competition...

- BETA V.3 is here!!!
this release took longer than excpected due to a LOT of bugs and techinical difficulty's, BUT it's finallt here!
and playable for everybody!
Just click the download link and follow the instructions in the read me.txt!
I also uploaded new pics of the map because it now uses another texture pack (the TP is included in the download)
If you want to read ALL (well, most of them) the changes, go check the changelog below!

- Minecraft BETA 1.4- Release BETA 1.3 of Portal GLaDOS' End moved
as you probably all have noticed minecraft has been updated, adding awseome wolfies!!! and other stuff.
BUT because minecraft has been updated MCP needs to be updated as well, and iChun used MCP to make the Portal Gun Mod, SOOOooo.... I can't continue on the map until iChun has updated the mod, which means the release date will be moved, Sorry!!!!!

Pics and Vids

Trailer:
yT_lRmPgHmo
Trailer by: Mikewas

Pics:
new pics of BETA V.2!!!

Relaxing Fault
(yeah, I know, door doesn't fit...)
Posted Image
Test Chamber 1
Posted Image
Test Chamber 2
Posted Image
Test Chamber 3
Posted Image
Posted Image
Test Chamber 4 (BETA V.1.5)
Posted Image
Test Chamber 6 (BETA V.2)(you have to go and see test chamber 5 for yourself)
Posted Image
Test Chamber 8 (BETA V.3)(you have to go and see test chamber 7 for yourself)
Posted Image

Changelog:

-BETA V.3
- ADDED: 2 new test chambers! (both of them use the HEP from the new portal gun update)
- ADDED: a new texture pack! (again)(credits go to Korimito and carlotta4th)
- ADDED: a property's file!, now the material emancipation grid deletes objects as well! (and other stuff is set)
- EDITED: the WHOLE map has been edited due to texture pack problems (AGAIN...)
- EDITED: test chamber 4, due to TP the trees look weird and therefore I changed the whole test chamber.
- UPDATED: the map is now updated to minecraft BETA 1.4_01
- UPDATED: the map now uses the newest version of the portal gun mod.(the one with the HEP's)
- FIXED: ALL of the known bugs on the known bugs list and more!, check the list!, it's empty! (for now...)
- FIXED: those annoying animal sounds on the beggining.
-BETA V.2
- adds 2 new test chambers
- edits test chamber 3 HEAVILY!
- now uses carlotta4th's portal texture pack (edited version is included in the download, still all credits go to her.)
- ALL walls of the test chamber's are now 1 by 2! (see new pics)
- now ONLY uses the portal gun mod by iChun (V.6)
- adds a easteregg (actually not an easteregg since you're required to find it :))
- lots, lots of more stuff! (i forgot :P)
-BETA V.1.7
- removes the .jar from the download
-BETA V.1.6
- adds a custom .jar to the download
- BETA V.1.5
- adds test chamber 4
- fixes a trouble with the map
-BETA V.1
- release

Required:

- Modloader
- Audiomod
- iChun's Portal Gun Mod

Though not required, it's recommended to use the dual wielding mod which allows you to shoot portals with left and right click!

KNOW BUGS:

- you can't die in lava (this is a bug from singleplayercommands, I can't fix it.)
- the HEP catcher (which is placed on the ceiling) in test chamber 8 doesn't want to catch the HEP (this is a bug from iChun's portal gun mod, I can't fix it.)

Spoilers:

ONLY use spoilers when you've already played the map and you don't know how to get farther, or else you WILL be a spoiler!

Test Chamber 1:
Spoiler:
Test Chamber 2:
Spoiler:
Test Chamber 3: (this spoiler also tells how to shoot portals through glass!)
Spoiler:
Test Chamber 4:
Spoiler:
Test Chamber 5:
Spoiler:
Test Chamber 6:
Spoiler:
Test Chamber 7:
Spoiler:
Test Chamber 8:
Spoiler:

Poll Results:

- How many Test Chambers do you want? (please note that the map contains more than just test chambers)
= 19! just like the original Portal Game! (89%, 143 votes)

-Should I use wurstkniftes Bookmod for some text parts?
= Yes! That'd be awesome! (42%, 26 votes)

Please note that this map is still in HEAVY development and therefore it´s still BETA.

PLEASE KEEP REPLYING SO I CAN KEEP BUILDING!

Comments, suggestions and other stuff is HIGHLY Appreciated!!!

Censorship is telling a man he can't eat steak, just because a baby can't chew it.

Register or log in to remove.

jackmccare

Posted 14 March 2011 - 09:41 PM

no bugs and good map!
http://jzone.on.toribash.com/ help me out plzz just one click gets me 30 crds

Posted Image

[Diamond] Posted Image [Diamond]

Posted Image

Tiramo
    Tiramo

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 969 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 02:48 PM

jackmccare said:

no bugs and good map!

Thx man! Really appreciate it! :SSSS:
Kepp your eye on this thread I will be updating at least every week!

Come on people!
150 views and just one reply?
really people really?
I spend a LOT of hard work in this and I still am!
A little thank you would be REALLYappreciated
Censorship is telling a man he can't eat steak, just because a baby can't chew it.

Eternal_Panda
  • Minecraft: Eternal_Panda
  • Xbox:Tantruhm

Posted 15 March 2011 - 02:52 PM

Really Cool Im getting it now (This is for you :SSSS:  :Diamond:  :chestfront: )
[Diamond] Posted Image [Diamond]

Tiramo
    Tiramo

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 969 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 02:52 PM

Eternal_Panda said:

Really Cool Im getting it now (This is for you :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond: )

Thx!
please note people that the fan part can be a little bit tricky...

OTTOPI
    OTTOPI

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 03:27 PM

Damn you stole my Idea  :iapprove:

But hehe, I'm still further in progress than you.
Looks good, but not going to DL it.

Posted Image

Tiramo
    Tiramo

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 969 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 03:39 PM

OTTOPI said:

Damn you stole my Idea  :tnt:

How can I steal your idea if you didn't even post something about your map? (i guess)
Oh, and thx for the support!
*cough* sarcasm *cough* :)

OTTOPI
    OTTOPI

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 03:41 PM

Tiramo said:

OTTOPI said:

Damn you stole my Idea  :Notch:

How can I steal your idea if you didn't even post something about your map? (i guess)
*cough* sarcasm *cough* :GoldBar:

Sorry, I did not mean that in a bad way, I meant that in a way like "I have no time, got to do different things now".
If you want, I could send you some pictures of my map, and we could share Ideas.

Posted Image

Tiramo
    Tiramo

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 969 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 03:43 PM

OTTOPI said:

Tiramo said:

OTTOPI said:

Damn you stole my Idea  :Notch:

*cough* sarcasm *cough* :Notch:

Sorry, I did not mean that in a bad way, I meant that in a way like "I have no time, got to do different things now".
If you want, I could send you some pictures of my map, and we could share Ideas.

Sure sounds good!
as you can see using other mods as well gets  a pretty good result!
look at my fan chamber! (or test it)
but yeah, sharing ideas would be a good idea indeed! :GoldBar:

ljrox123
    ljrox123

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 10:12 PM

Minecraft keeps crashing whenever I try to load the world. I can load all my other ones fine, but not this one. I don't have any extra mods installed, btw.

Also, Minecraft closes before I can copy the error code. Any help is appreciated.

srgy
    srgy

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 11:00 PM

Getting this right now, can't wait to try it on (:
I reject your reality and substitute my own.

ljrox123
    ljrox123

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 01:36 AM

ljrox123 said:

Minecraft keeps crashing whenever I try to load the world. I can load all my other ones fine, but not this one. I don't have any extra mods installed, btw.

Also, Minecraft closes before I can copy the error code. Any help is appreciated.

I re-downloaded my minecraft.jar, added all the mods again, and it's still doing this. Even without the mods added I still can't load this map.

lod77
    lod77

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 03:02 AM

im having the same problem
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image    Posted ImagePosted Image

Austman
    Austman

Carpenter

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 05:51 AM

lod77 said:

im having the same problem

me too
This forum is not for little kids.If you think you are a little kid please keep that in mind.

User said:

Craft it into LIGHTING BOMB OF MANLINESS. Then turn world into MANLY WORLD OF MANLY MANLINESS.
Posted Image [SSSS]

GeckoManiac

Posted 16 March 2011 - 07:04 AM

It seems unnecessary and obnoxious, but I'm getting the same problem as the last 3 people. :D

Tiramo
    Tiramo

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 969 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 03:00 PM

ljrox123 said:

ljrox123 said:

I re-downloaded my minecraft.jar, added all the mods again, and it's still doing this. Even without the mods added I still can't load this map.

Really? all of you people are having the same problems?
Well, that's maybe because I used other mods...
But I'll get on it! don't worry!!!

EDIT: well, I just started off with a fresh minecraft.jar and it seemed to work just fine!
maybe that's because I changed some stuff that effects something or something... :D
But because of that I'll give you guys a small update soon with (i hope) no more errors and one extra test chamber!
My deadline is saturday. :D

Tiramo
    Tiramo

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 969 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 06:51 PM

BETA 1.5!!!
Due to some trouble with my map I've released a small update which uses (and works) the mods listed.
This update has been tested with a clean minecraft.jar and it works.
This update also adds Test Chamber 4 (also added new pic)
This is NOT a regular update this is just an update because some people were having trouble, and I wanted to fix that!

Hopefully you guys won't have any trouble with my map anymore! ;)

hotrod9899
  • Minecraft: hotrod9899

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:00 PM

still isn't working it crashes every time i load the world
hey whats that green thing over there?! sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss oh no *BOOM*
these banners are the mods i use :D
   Posted Image
   Posted Image

Tiramo
    Tiramo

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 969 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 09:14 PM

hotrod9899 said:

still isn't working it crashes every time i load the world

If there's one thing I'm starting to hate about minecraft it's those minecraft errors!
So that's why I introduce to you...

BETA 1.6!!!

It's simply adds my minecraft.jar so you won't have trouble anymore...
IF though you're STILL having trouble, check if you installed the sounds of the portal gun in the resources folder.
That's all I can do.
Hopfully now you guys won't have any trouble anymore...

ljrox123
    ljrox123

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 09:15 PM

Mine's still not working, even with a fresh minecraft.jar.

Also, I'm pretty sure it's against the rules to post your minecraft.jar.