Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Lasso

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

CarloMano

Posted 14 March 2011 - 08:59 AM

Posted Image

The word 'Lasso' only says a long things. (EDIT: Wth did I took when I wrote this sentence, it has no sense at all!)

Crafting a lasso would look like this:
:cobblestone: = spider rope

[]  []  :cobblestone:
[]  :iapprove:  :GoldBar:
:Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:

It looks like nothing but I made this form because I think the number of ropes should be 6; 9 is too much and 3 is not enough.

The lasso would have this use:
Dragging mobs and tying them to a block so they stay around.
(Off course, I'm talking about peaceful mobs. Dragging a creeper is a wtf idea)

Example:
You don't want your saddled pig to run away. You come close to it with the lasso in your hand, right click on the pig and now you are holding a rope around the pig's head. From this moment the pig stays in a radius of 3 blocks from you (Note that as long as you are dragging the poor pig, you hands are full so you can't do anything else).

If you right-click on a 1x1 block the pig is tied to the block and stays in a radius of 3 blocks from the block.

nb: the rope can't be left alone on just a mob or just a block, it shall always be block-mob, player-mob, player-block

Register or log in to remove.

charl1e94

Posted 14 March 2011 - 10:03 AM

hey i think its a good idea
CREEPER!

CarloMano

Posted 15 March 2011 - 04:49 PM

Posted Image
Wonder woman had a magic lasso.

Sunthorn

Posted 15 March 2011 - 05:19 PM

yup sounds quite good, the recipe should be more like a pickaxe made out of string cos thats more what they look like, it would have to have durability.

If you lasso a ghast and jump of a cliff you should float under it xD ..perhaps unnoticed.

Saraniri
    Saraniri

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 05:40 PM

Great idea, giving more purpose to silk too. +1 support.

SirDenim
  • Minecraft: SirDenim

Posted 15 March 2011 - 05:54 PM

Meh, this idea is viable. I do like the idea of not losing saddled pigs (like Rick McLightning) and if it were to work on chickens somehow it would make egg farming easier. Not to mention the possibility of actually having farms.

I like.

Mhmm, that's interesting. Now go home and think about what you've done.

CarloMano

Posted 16 March 2011 - 04:29 PM

SirDenim said:

Meh, this idea is viable. I do like the idea of not losing saddled pigs (like Rick McLightning) and if it were to work on chickens somehow it would make egg farming easier. Not to mention the possibility of actually having farms.

I like.

In fact, I was unsuccessfully trying to trap some chicken to get their eggs when this idea came to me. :)

Ehnonimus

Posted 16 March 2011 - 04:45 PM

@CarloMano: Your choice of images entertains me. Also, you could borrow mechanics from the fishing rod to make it work. However, until we get a way of having persistent mobs the whole concept is kinda pointless since all it would do is act as a glorified leash.

CarloMano

Posted 20 March 2011 - 05:02 PM

Ehnonimus said:

@CarloMano: Your choice of images entertains me. Also, you could borrow mechanics from the fishing rod to make it work. However, until we get a way of having persistent mobs the whole concept is kinda pointless since all it would do is act as a glorified leash.

Well, the purpose of the lasso is to not make disappear the mobs that are tied, to save them like blocks somehow.