• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

ozBillo
    ozBillo

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1209 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 10:44 AM

What sort of computer and graphics card do you have now, flendtDK?
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

limeboy
    limeboy

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 03:56 PM

yea the map that i use on my server thats called Diamonyia is 800 mb... have high-end grapphic card but it wont load the map :/
Posted Image
Owner of Diamonyia minecraft server. Check our forum: diamonyia.tk

Eagle1911

Posted 23 April 2011 - 11:32 AM

Love this app, been using it since start:

Posted Image

ozBillo
    ozBillo

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1209 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 12:04 PM

That's a great looking city, Eagle1911.
Got some more pics?
Posted Image

cybrbeast

Posted 23 April 2011 - 01:18 PM

Here is a video I made for the MCmodShowcase channel. I have a Core i5 750 @ 2.67GHz, Radeon HD 6950, 4 GB RAM, so I think it should actually run smoother than it did, but Fraps also slows it down.

M0uG2YxXSm8

Feel free to use it in the OP if you want.

I also like the program for making screenshots for a great desktop background like this one at 2500m:

Posted Image

It would be really nice if it gets a feature that I can let it render at custom resolutions and view distances for posters etc.

lazaro
    lazaro

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 01:54 PM

HOLY MAN.
This is ....
Epic....
Posted Image

B3NW
    B3NW

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 01:58 PM

Really nice program you've get there, make sure to keep it up to date, it will be useful for a lot of people! ;)

Would you implement a dolly camera system with zoom options etc? I think this would make for some amazing machinima work!

Seania
    Seania

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 06:16 PM

And! This is so good! I like it!

:)  :iapprove:  :tnt:  :Water:  :Water:  :Water:  :Water:  :Water:
MineCraft!

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Dweller_Benthos
  • Minecraft: Dweller_Benthos

Posted 24 April 2011 - 01:47 PM

Any idea why torches blink in and out of view? It seems pretty random, sometimes you can get really close to one, and at other times all of them disappear at once. Or is this a known issue and I missed it? Anyway, great looking program, it's like being in free flight in Minecraft itself.
D_B
To tell them how to live is to prevent them living.

erich666

Posted 24 April 2011 - 03:12 PM

Double rainbow all the way! You rule, lloigor. This is wonderful, hitting the happiness neurons in my graphics nerd lobe and in my minecraft-addicted cortex at the same time. Our world's hardly as densely developed as cybrbeast's, but here's my video anyway (and sorry about the mispronounce):

iYjK5xsg-xI.

Oh, machine stats: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 with 1.5 GB memory (and 6 GB CPU memory, Intel Core2 quadcore Q9450 at 2.66 GHz). The bottleneck is definitely loading chunks and video memory - the thing soars when the visible chunks are all loaded.

Keep it up!
All things Vokselian are here.

cvenomz
    cvenomz

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 03:55 PM

WOW! this is amazing.  Thank you for making this

CPnieuws
    CPnieuws

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 04:04 PM

Looks amazing, but when I run it on Mac OS X it says 'No regions found in ./world'. I don't know why it is searching for a folder called world, because I don't think there's supposed to be a folder like that. The world files are saved in /saves, I thought. I made a folder with the name 'world,' and put a save file in it, but that doesn't fix it.

Does anyone know why this happens? Thanks!

panda_boy91

Posted 24 April 2011 - 07:10 PM

this is a great tool and all... but i cant get the water to display properly.

TheBlackDart

Posted 24 April 2011 - 08:57 PM

Anyone figure out how to get it work on Mac? I also keep getting the message that says the following...
Posted Image

xolotl
    xolotl

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 351 posts
  • Minecraft: xolotl

Posted 24 April 2011 - 09:21 PM

CPnieuws said:

Looks amazing, but when I run it on Mac OS X it says 'No regions found in ./world'.

TheBlackDart said:

Anyone figure out how to get it work on Mac? I also keep getting the message that says the following...
It's looking for a directory called "world" in the directory that you've run Eihort from (probably the same dir as the program itself).  Do one of the following:

[*:1rtwnqmt] Run it from Terminal and specify a world directory as the first argument, a la:
    ./eihort ~/MCWorlds/Foo/
    [*:1rtwnqmt] Copy one of your existing worlds to a directory called "world" in the directory you're running it from
    [*:1rtwnqmt] Symlink a world directory into "world"

pmin00
    pmin00

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:07 AM

Great tool, thanks!

I was able to run this under Fedora 13 by first converting the .deb to an .rpm:

alien -r eihort_0.2.2_amd64.deb

Strangely, the executable then segfaults, but not when I run it in "strace" (!),
for example:

strace -e open /usr/share/games/eihort/eihort

The Windows executable runs ok in "wine", although very slowly.

Thanks again,

Patrick
binvox for minecraft is at http://www.patrickmin.com/minecraft.
get your printable Sudoku puzzles here.

Der Dumme Handwerker

Posted 25 April 2011 - 03:38 PM

Wow..... That's the only word I have for this app.
Hidden ranks:

shairn said:

Spoiler:

Sattooine
  • Minecraft: Sattooine
  • Xbox:Sattooine

Posted 26 April 2011 - 08:04 AM

Looks great! but when I try to use it says "Error please copy terrian.png to the program folder or currant folder" does that mean that I need to place the textures of minecraft in the .exe? or does it mean I have the wrong path?
Posted Image

lloigor
    lloigor

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:15 AM

ozBillo said:

This is excellent work, lloigor. Best Minecraft viewer I've used, by far!

Would it be possible to add options...
1. vary flying speed
2. walking (instead of flying)
Thanks! The flying speed can currently be varied with Shift (faster) and Control (slower). I had thought about allowing you to walk around, but decided against it (for now anyways) since it is rather long to implement and I'd rather focus on the rendering. Perhaps a later version will have it but that won't be soon.

xolotl said:

lloigor said:

Eihort now comes in a tasty Linux flavour as well!
Ooh fun, seems I missed this when it first came out. Runs well on my machine and looks gorgeous. Many thanks! As a quick question, does Eihort do depth sorting to get stuff like glass transparency to work properly, or some other method? I've yet to figure out how to get it to actually Do The Right Thing in X-Ray.
Eihort does a loose quadtree-based depth sort at the block level (126x128x126) for transparent surfaces, though right now that's only water, ice and portals. Glass and other surfaces (leaves and stuff), are drawn without blending, but with alpha testing, and are drawn with the rest of the opaque stuff (which is loosely sorted front-to-back so the early z-test can cut out as much as possible), though I had to do some special mipmap generation to get this to look decent at a distance. So Eihort definitely does not do The Right Thing when it comes to transparency, but I figured the artefacts are minimal and rare enough compared to the benefits.

xolotl said:

Oh, and as a minor thing, it'd be nice to have the Linux versions distributed in a .tgz or whatever, instead of a .deb, though it's certainly trivial enough to extract the program on non-Debian-based systems.

Thanks again!
I'll package the next version in both flavours then :)
Thanks for the tip!

mickez said:

Great, great and great.

Perhaps add inverted mouse as an option?
Forgot about that.. I'll stick it in the next version.

Eagle1911 said:

Love this app, been using it since start:
(pic snipped)
Nice pic :) Mind if I use it in the OP?

flendtDK said:

this just looks awesome and ive tryed it but... it lagsss sooooo much :o and ive seen a guy who wrote he updated hes graphic card... how do i do that? can anyone plz help?
I assume you mean updating your drivers. Your graphics card is a physical device inside your computer, so you'd need to actually replace it upgrade it. Your graphics drivers on the other hand are software, and are easily updated. You can find instructions here: http://sketchup.goog...en&answer=36254

limeboy said:

When i open my 800 mb map it wont show. the world is just empty :/
it works for other maps realy good.

limeboy said:

yea the map that i use on my server thats called Diamonyia is 800 mb... have high-end grapphic card but it wont load the map :/
Eihort doesn't handle flying around in massive worlds very well right now since it's a bit of a memory hog, but I'm surprised that your world loads up empty. It should at least try for a bit and display the area around the origin before eventually running out of memory as you fly around. I'll try and recreate the situation that you have and see what's going wrong though.

cybrbeast said:

Here is a video I made for the MCmodShowcase channel. I have a Core i5 750 @ 2.67GHz, Radeon HD 6950, 4 GB RAM, so I think it should actually run smoother than it did, but Fraps also slows it down.

(video snipped)

Feel free to use it in the OP if you want.

I also like the program for making screenshots for a great desktop background like this one at 2500m:

(pic snipped)

It would be really nice if it gets a feature that I can let it render at custom resolutions and view distances for posters etc.
I'm definitely going to put that in the OP! The custom resolutions will come with Lua.. which will not be the next update, but the one after (maybe).

B3NW said:

Would you implement a dolly camera system with zoom options etc? I think this would make for some amazing machinima work!
I'm planning something in this regard.. I'm going to allow the camera to be controlled via Lua, and will expose some spline and zoom functions, which should give most of the tools needed to create a complex camera system. I'm also thinking of a geometry export to other 3D programs like Blender or Max.

Dweller_Benthos said:

Any idea why torches blink in and out of view? It seems pretty random, sometimes you can get really close to one, and at other times all of them disappear at once. Or is this a known issue and I missed it? Anyway, great looking program, it's like being in free flight in Minecraft itself.
I'll look into the torches. They shouldn't be disappearing.

erich666 said:

Double rainbow all the way! You rule, lloigor. This is wonderful, hitting the happiness neurons in my graphics nerd lobe and in my minecraft-addicted cortex at the same time. Our world's hardly as densely developed as cybrbeast's, but here's my video anyway (and sorry about the mispronounce):

(video snipped)

Oh, machine stats: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 with 1.5 GB memory (and 6 GB CPU memory, Intel Core2 quadcore Q9450 at 2.66 GHz). The bottleneck is definitely loading chunks and video memory - the thing soars when the visible chunks are all loaded.

Keep it up!
Nice Video! Mind if I put your video in the OP? I'm somewhat surprised that you get such slowdowns on your machine when loading chunks though. On my i7, there is absolutely no choppyness as I load chunks.

panda_boy91 said:

this is a great tool and all... but i cant get the water to display properly.
Interesting. Can you post a screenshot? Also, what video card do you have?

xolotl said:

CPnieuws said:

Looks amazing, but when I run it on Mac OS X it says 'No regions found in ./world'.

TheBlackDart said:

It's looking for a directory called "world" in the directory that you've run Eihort from (probably the same dir as the program itself).  Do one of the following:

[*:2aw1g8p0] Run it from Terminal and specify a world directory as the first argument, a la:
    ./eihort ~/MCWorlds/Foo/
    [*:2aw1g8p0] Copy one of your existing worlds to a directory called "world" in the directory you're running it from
    [*:2aw1g8p0] Symlink a world directory into "world"

All of the above will work :Diamond:
You should also be able to drag and drop the folder that contains the world (the folder in the saves folder containing the "regions" subfolder) onto the eihort app. I'll post a new version for Mac/Linux soon with the world selection menu that will cure of all of these ./world problems.

Sattooine said:

Looks great! but when I try to use it says "Error please copy terrian.png to the program folder or currant folder" does that mean that I need to place the textures of minecraft in the .exe? or does it mean I have the wrong path?
I cannot distribute Minercaft art files, since they are covered under the One Major Rule. You'll need to open minecraft.jar which came with Minecraft (if you point Windows Explorer at %appdata%/.minecraft/bin , you should find minecraft.jar) and extract terrain.png from it and put it in the folder with eihort.exe. Most compression software will let you extract files from .jar files. You could use WinRar, for example. You can also extract terrain.png from a texture pack such as this one.

GosHawk
    GosHawk

Carpenter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • Minecraft: gos_hawk

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:46 AM

This is definitely the nicest map viewer mod I've used.  The long view distance makes for some great map pictures!