44 replies to this topic

DrCyano
    DrCyano

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Minecraft: Synechocystis

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:58 AM

Here's two mod's I've made that add a little more magic to Minecraft.

Dr. Cyano's Wonderful Wands

Summary
Dr. Cyano's Wonderful Wands add a magical flair to your Minecraft game without breaking it. The wands are balanced around mid to late game, requiring lots of emeralds and gold. The most powerful wand, the Wand of Death, requires Wither Skulls to craft, making it a serious investment for a dedicated mob slayer.

Wands
Spoiler:

Links:
Mod Download for MC 1.6.4: CyanosWonderfulWands-1.1.0.zip
Source: https://github.com/c...sWonderfulWands
More Details: http://www.minecraft...ic,13047.0.html
Videos:
Spoiler:

License/Distribution:
This mod is open source. You may include it in your mod packs, but remember to give credit to me (Cyanobacterium aka Dr. Cyano aka Synechocystis).

Dr. Cyano's Wizarding Robes

Summary
This mod adds a couple of fancy hats and cloth armor with very high enchantibility (better than gold). The draw-back is that the robes offer less protection than leather armor.

Robes and Hats
Spoiler:

Links
Mod Download for MC 1.6.4: CyanosWizardingRobes-1.1.0.zip
Source: https://github.com/c...sWizardingRobes
More Details: http://www.minecraft...ic,13047.0.html
Videos:
Spoiler:

License/Distribution:
This mod is open source. You may include it in your mod packs, but remember to give credit to me (Cyanobacterium aka Dr. Cyano aka Synechocystis).

Dr. Cyano's Mods
Basic BuildCraft Machines
TombStone (by Chessmaster42 and DrCyano)
Wonderful Wands & Wizarding Robes
My mods:
TombStone, Dr. Cyano's Basic BuildCraft Machines, Dr. Cyano's Wonderful Wands, Dr. Cyano's Wizarding Robes Posted ImagePosted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Flying_Bat

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:15 AM

Excellent job, have a cookie! *passes cookie* :)

Posted Image

Dartron
    Dartron

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Minecraft: Dartron

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:08 PM

Doesn't appear to work at the moment. Placed it in the mod folder and started Minecraft (on forge profile) and the mod is not in the mod list and doesn't work.

DrCyano
    DrCyano

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:08 PM

View PostDartron, on 25 October 2013 - 12:08 PM, said:

Doesn't appear to work at the moment. Placed it in the mod folder and started Minecraft (on forge profile) and the mod is not in the mod list and doesn't work.
My goodness! I seem to have uploaded an empty .zip file Posted Image  . I'll have the real file online later today. I'm terribly sorry that happened!
My mods:
TombStone, Dr. Cyano's Basic BuildCraft Machines, Dr. Cyano's Wonderful Wands, Dr. Cyano's Wizarding Robes Posted ImagePosted Image

Dartron
    Dartron

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:10 PM

It's fine dude lol. Will do a mod showcase sometime when it is up. Love the concept.

Deathpoint

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:34 PM

Thanks a lot, I love magic mods.

DrCyano
    DrCyano

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:09 PM

Strange... When I used the above download links at work, the .class files were missing from the zip files. However, when I download from my home computer, the .zip files have everything in them and the mod works just fine.

All I can say is that the links work, but I did have the same problem as Dartron when downloaded with WaterFox on Windows 7 running ESET antivirus and using a university internet connection. I suspect an antivirus program is screening out the java files from the mod.
My mods:

SoShinyRS

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:14 AM

Loved the mod :D unfortunately, I could show the wizard robes because the mod would not work, whenever i loaded a world it just crashed, but great job on the wand one ;D

DrCyano
    DrCyano

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:31 PM

Thanks for the spotlight SoShineyRS! The video is great and you got everything right (though I'd like to point out that you need to right-click with the Wand of Mining to instantly break a block).

On a different note, some people are having issues with these mods and I'd like to fix the problems. To do so, I'll need the content of ForgeModLoader-client-0.log (hide it in a spoiler tag), preferebly without too many other mods installed. If Minecraft itself crashed, give me the crash report too (also hidden in a spoiler tag). Also, tell me what version of Forge you are using. I compiled these mods with Forge 9.11.1.916 and the mod will crash if the Forge API changed something that I use in the mod.
My mods:

LgrGamerz

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:49 PM

Give this boy a cookie!! And im going to do a mod review on this mod right away!! May also have it in my Lets play as well.

PerpetualJordan
  • Minecraft: PerpetualJordan

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:40 PM

Hey dood, I did a couple of videos on your mod! Would be awesome if you could post it on the main post!

Geo_Terra

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:43 PM

SLOTH!!!!!!! xD Sorry, I had to. (Sibling plays on that site)

Great mod man. However, would you consider replacing the Wither Skulls in the Wand of Death recipe with a Nether Star? I feel that the "essence of death" obtained from the Wither would fit better.

Dartron
    Dartron

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:03 AM

Finally got around to doing the Mod Showcase

DrCyano
    DrCyano

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:03 AM

Wow, I didn't expect the wands mod to be so popular. Thank you everyone for your support and enthusiasm. Posted Image

As for the Wand of Death recipe, I did think about using a Nether Star, but I didn't think that the wand was powerful enough to justify requiring you to slay the Wither and forego making a beacon. Anything that requires a Nether Star as an ingredient needs to be truly game-changing to be worth that investment.

On a side note, you might also like my other mods:
TombStone
Basic BuildCraft Machines
My mods:

EndTEmpire

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:33 PM

Like the idea! Could I use this in a modpack?

DrCyano
    DrCyano

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:57 PM

View PostEndTEmpire, on 03 November 2013 - 03:33 PM, said:

Like the idea! Could I use this in a modpack?
Sure! Just put DrCyano in the credits for the mod pack.
My mods:

Sorenus
    Sorenus

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:11 AM

Heya, I loved your mod! So much I made a showcase of it! =D

Here ya go:

Hope you like it! If you do, I'd love to see it on the post! =D

Thanks for such an epic mod, and have a fancytastic day! =)
Posted Image

Geo_Terra

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:57 PM

View PostDrCyano, on 03 November 2013 - 02:03 AM, said:

Wow, I didn't expect the wands mod to be so popular. Thank you everyone for your support and enthusiasm. Posted Image

Well, I wouldn't expect less since CaptainSparklez did a mod review of the wands and the robes.

Flying_Bat

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:34 AM

Nice job on this mod good sir.

Posted Image

Mineatour

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:46 AM

Same here Great Job!!! Posted Image You earned it bro