• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minecraft The Movie?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Poll: MINECRAFT MOVIE? (6 member(s) have cast votes)

MINECRAFT MOVIE?

1. Very good idea! (3 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. I could start making the movie (if you vote for this, remember to post too) (1 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

3. Not good idea, too hard... Notch would get mad too. (2 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

naputtelija

Posted 13 March 2011 - 06:28 PM

I was playing minecraft a couple of days ago, and i was thinking that because of the game's nature, feel and goal, it would be great as a movie, or a series. Now i'm not talking about a movie that would be on tv, but maybe in youtube etc..?

So the entire movie would be filmed "in-game".

The movie would tell about a couple of friends wandering in a city, when suddenly a mugger would attack to them. they run away from a mugger to a trash can, they wait for the mugger to go past them. They come out of the can, and suddenly find themselves in a desert. This is the beginning of their survival.

Requirements:
A couple of very powerful computers. (because minecraft is laggy)

Mods:

A mod that would allow the player to turn his character in 3rd person view, zoom the view, modify it etc...
(This is because of various filming views that will be needed in the movie)

Trashcan mod, of course :P (with an ability to go in it)

Human/car mod for the city...

...And a lot of time and patience!
Finland is a good place to live in. We have sauna, northen lights, santa claus and we have some of the best MMORPG players in the world!
If only poland wouldn't exist...

Register or log in to remove.

smileyking96

Posted 13 March 2011 - 06:30 PM

I would rather have a book; making a movie would give a backstory to minecraft, but how is the question? I mean, would you like to see someone punch wood for an hour?

Mapavoni
  • Location: Where our screams cannot be heard. Near Nether if you're wondering.

Posted 13 March 2011 - 06:55 PM

There is already Minecraft the Movie.
It's made by PaperBatVG, it shows his adventures exploring caverns or searching for pigs (Movie 5).

There's Minecraft the Movie 1, 2, 3 (With Sly), 4 and 5 (3 hours movie).

But if you mean a movie acting, there is none yet.

I guess SeaNanners made a movie too, I just know the name is "The Quest for Slimes".
Simply type Minecraft the Movie 1/2/3/4/5 and you'll find them!
Posted Image

naputtelija

Posted 14 March 2011 - 08:01 AM

well, thos movies seemed a bit boring. i was thinking about something that would not only tell about adventures in minecraft, but also have a good plot.

1. in the city
1.2 mugger attacks
1.3 they hide into a trashcan

2. in the desert
2.1 they come out of the can
2.2 they take some food from the can to survive
2.3 they have a little argument about food
2.4 the night falls
2.5 they seek for shelter and find a small cave...

3. to the forest
3.1 they find a forest
3.2 get some wood
3.3 get something to survive
3.4 night
3.5 one of the friends go out, because he cannot sleep without a bed
3.6 creeper attacks
3.7 another guy wakes up, notices his friend is badly wounded.
and so on...
Finland is a good place to live in. We have sauna, northen lights, santa claus and we have some of the best MMORPG players in the world!

Aenmek
    Aenmek

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 08:24 AM

naputtelija said:

well, thos movies seemed a bit boring. i was thinking about something that would not only tell about adventures in minecraft, but also have a good plot.

Have you ever heard of "The Shadow of Israphel" by BlueXephos? If you want a dare I say it, epic plot, look no further than this.

zombie_killer
  • Minecraft: Zombie_killer

Posted 14 March 2011 - 08:38 AM

Me and some friends tried this. We had a great plan, good script, and all we needed, but it didn't work out. If anyone were to try again, I'd very much like to join in.
Posted Image

naputtelija

Posted 14 March 2011 - 08:55 AM

zombie_killer said:

Me and some friends tried this. We had a great plan, good script, and all we needed, but it didn't work out. If anyone were to try again, I'd very much like to join in.
well, i think this could work out, if we had some mods required for the filming technique. I think i can get a little demo going, once i get off from school.

victor_zomg
  • Minecraft: victor_zomg

Posted 14 March 2011 - 08:58 AM

If they jump back in the trash can they will be back in the city ??

nonoie29
    nonoie29

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Minecraft: nonoie29

Posted 14 March 2011 - 02:10 PM

There already is a Minecraft The movie 6 of them actually PaperbatVG made them.
Posted Image

MicrowaveCow

Posted 14 March 2011 - 02:17 PM

Does the guy get killed in the end? If so, it must be by creeper  :SSSS: That would be a sooper epic ending.
SSSSSSSS! BOOM.

Ikaza
    Ikaza

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 02:24 PM

Aenmek said:

naputtelija said:

Have you ever heard of "The Shadow of Israphel" by BlueXephos? If you want a dare I say it, epic plot, look no further than this.

Best ever.
Posted Image